• 31(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)
O.k,

I get the impression from the lack of replies that not many other people have this problem.

To be absolutely sure , I've managed to borrow another dvb-t ( usb )tuner, so I will try to rule out it being a hardware problem with the stick.

pootler
(2014-06-12, 13:09)pootler Wrote: does that make any sense ? - and is there anybody out there using Pi / live tv who recognises what I am saying?

Yes, it matches my understanding. I think if you have a perfect signal with no errors, then the audio sync will be fine (whether using official openelec or milhouse build).

If you are getting visible corruption on screen (e.g. due to a poor signal from aerial), then it is possible the timestamp of an audio packet is corrupted.

I think something in the code gets upset by the bad timestamp and results in bad audio sync for some time (possibly until that timestamp is actually reached).

It appears that the milhouse build handles the bad timestamp better than official openelec.
So, the question is, do the first or second test builds behave the same as the milhouse build (and so better than official?)

I realise that as the problem relies on random errors which come and go it may be hard to be certain if build A is better than build B.
Just keep switching between the builds and report which one you are happiest with.
with the recent update the openelec logo is corrupted is this only happening to me or others.

Is it safe to assume that the interlacing sample is working properly for others or no one had a ychance due to the world cup I have watched all the games the best so far Holland v Spain

Hi Guys,

I've got a question not directly associated with test builds, but given your expertise you may know the answer. Basically I want to be able to monitor all cec traffic on my rasperry pi, regardless if it is selected as an active source. Curently when I run cec-client, all events on CEC bus are reported as long as raspi is an active source. The moment I switch to other source, nothing is being reported. I have search over interned and found a post on pulse-eight forum stating that cec-client should work as intended, so it may be that either hardware (like TV) or software, VideoCore driver to be specific, is filtering traffic. Do you know how I could find out if it is indeed VC that is doing it?

Sorry for polluting the thread.
(2014-06-15, 13:33)luksol Wrote: I've got a question not directly associated with test builds, but given your expertise you may know the answer. Basically I want to be able to monitor all cec traffic on my rasperry pi, regardless if it is selected as an active source. Curently when I run cec-client, all events on CEC bus are reported as long as raspi is an active source. The moment I switch to other source, nothing is being reported. I have search over interned and found a post on pulse-eight forum stating that cec-client should work as intended, so it may be that either hardware (like TV) or software, VideoCore driver to be specific, is filtering traffic. Do you know how I could find out if it is indeed VC that is doing it?

I believe the hardware on VC only "sees" CEC traffic that is broadcast or sent to the Pi's logical address.
I don't think it can monitor CEC packets that are not meant for it.
New OpenELEC Helix build: #0615
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.15.0 #1 PREEMPT Sun Jun 15 18:35:11 BST 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Jun 11 2014 21:58:47
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 1c83e62ffada9bbd52307c82be22b84620025b9c (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC_Helix (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20140615185039-r18605-gf802a3a

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (f802a3a, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (3c557ed, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock3 patches
  • Includes Python regex package for evaluation purposes. Initial benchmarking indicates generally positive (and in some cases, significant) performance gains. See this post for a description of how to test effectiveness of this package with addons
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches due to conflicts with newclock3
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-3.15.y
  • Excludes the OpenELEC xbmc-master-newclock3 patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from newclock3 branch
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • ALSA is enabled and any suitable hardware should be available in XBMC Audio Settings
  • FIQ FSM is enabled by default. See initial post for more details.
  • Includes RPi-specific libCEC commits from mk01/libcec. See build #0527 for details. Also double-key suppression.
  • Increase scan interval of PeripBusCEC from 5000 to 60000, reducing CPU loading by about 2% (1GHz Pi) every 5 seconds (even when CEC is "disabled")
  • Includes libnfs master with directory caching support
Build Highlights:

New firmware with support for higher resolution displays.
This build drops @bavison PR3717 (Add caching of infolabels) in favour of PR4919 (More efficient info label assembling) - is the new PR any better (or worse)?
  1. Firmware (Jun 11):
    • display: Relax some conditions to allow higher resolution displays. See: link
  2. OpenELEC:
    • busybox: add 'morequiet' kernel command line option
    • systemd: update to systemd-214
    • systemd: dont install etc/xdg
    • systemd: add systemd-network user/group
    • avahi-daemon: dont depend on syslog.target
    • openssh: dont depend on syslog.target
    • cron: dont depend on syslog.target
    • tmpfiles.d: cleanup. rename
    • openssl: enable 'ec', 'ecdh' and 'ecdsa' support
    • projects/*/linux: enable CONFIG_HID_XINMO
    • projects/*/linux: enable CONFIG_VIDEO_USBTV support, this fixes #3140
    • wlan-firmware: update to wlan-firmware-0.0.23
  3. XBMC:
    • cosmetics (PR:4889, 3 commits, 2 files changed)
    • ActiveAE: set stream volume to fading target if fading time is zero (PR:4878, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Add new apache date format for file listings in http sources (PR:4610, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • paplayer: update xfade time before using it to set initial volume (PR:4888, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [osx] - handle the VDA HW Acceleration setting same as all others (inste... (PR:4765, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
    • [Fix][JSON] Fix re-set locale after using yajl (PR:4881, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [cximage] - fix big memory leak in raw image decoder - thx to smf007 for (PR:4891, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [videoinfoscanner] no need to prepare paths to clean in case we're not going to use them (PR:4897, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Drop CStdStringArray, SplitString, JoinString (PR:4684, 28 commits, 102 files changed)
    • AE: Fix Delay after c91fe5efad7e0546b3c3a7abba9f93baaaa39799 (PR:4900, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [AML] Memory leak while Dispose (PR:4898, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Faster infobool expression evaluation (PR:3677, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [osx] - only show the fake fullscreen option on snow leopard (PR:4894, 3 commits, 4 files changed)
    • [AE/osxsink] - don't set the altered outputformat which might have wrong channel count (PR:4899, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • fftfixes (PR:4913, 3 commits, 2 files changed)
    • bad boolean type given to dbus (PR:4887, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [android] fix extraction of ndk version for 64bit ndk (PR:4914, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • change: Remove dropped "audiohost" from advancedsettings (PR:4892, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [win32] don't hide option to install DirectX if already installed. (PR:4882, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Delete sound in CActiveAE:Big GriniscardSound (PR:4883, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Cleanup node type (PR:4916, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
    • ActiveAE: fix caching for streams (PR:4902, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • FIX: support accents in ToUpper/ToLower (PR:4861, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [log] remove 'Unknown nodetype' logs - they're not really useful (PR:4895, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [logging] log if the network is unavailable in CFileFactory, ref #15291
    • ADD: [droid] backdoor to define XBMC_HOME and HOME on android (PR:4076, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
  4. newclock3:
    • ActiveAE: delay creation of viz buffers until they are needed
    • dvdplayer: fix incorrectly indicated buffered samples after ae7cda6629c7180430a25d834ea83ab5d9f47d77
    • videorefclock: drop obsolete ati workaround
    • videorefclock: drop obsolete GetRandRRate
    • videorefclock: make refresh rate floating point
    • gles: Avoid crash when capturing snapshot when using dvdplayer (see link)
    • Use PR4919 (More efficient info label assembling) in place of PR3717 (Add caching of infolabels)
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-06-15, 12:46)denz Wrote: with the recent update the openelec logo is corrupted is this only happening to me or others.

Is it safe to assume that the interlacing sample is working properly for others or no one had a ychance due to the world cup I have watched all the games the best so far Holland v Spain

I think is only with you, try to update to today's release Wink
To me release #0615 seems faster and snappier than all previous releases.
On Navigation and loading streams.
Good job!
Still the same so it is something on my pi that is causing this. I will format the sd card and the usb drive and update to the latest 4.0.5 openelec and then update to MillhouseVM builds. Maybe there is still something from openelec v3 that is causing this. This started when I updated to Helix builds.
@denz: Have you got anything unusual in your config.txt? Try with a minimal config.txt and see if that helps - remove any hdmi or overclock related stuff. Certainly try with stock OpenELEC just to rule that out. Can't think why it should be an SD card problem unless your kernel.img file is corrupt but it looks more like a vertical or horizontal sync issue between your R-Pi and TV.

Is it only the logo that has gone haywire? What about once the xbmc splash or menu appears on screen? The OpenELEC boot logo is being shown at 1920x1080, can your TV handle this resolution?

Adding "nosplash" to cmdline.txt will stop the logo from being shown.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Milhouse

as they move on

http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii53...553a46.jpg
(2014-06-16, 06:59)gogu Wrote: Milhouse

as they move on

http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii53...553a46.jpg

I'm not sure I understand, is there a missing button? Do you get the same with official OpenELEC 4.0.5?

Edit: So the "Next" button is missing which makes that dialog impossible to complete (and you can't dismiss it either, so you're stuck). I've tested this with OpenELEC 4.0.5 and it works correctly there, so maybe it's an issue introduced by PR4919... trying a build without PR4919...
OpenELEC Helix build: # 0615

button next
Yep, a build without PR4919 but with PR3717 shows the "Next" button, so there is some weird interaction between PR4919 and the OpenELEC Setup Wizard.

For now, downgrade to #0611, complete the Setup Wizard then (if you want) upgrade to #0615. I'll drop PR4919 from the next build which won't be for another day or so.

PS. @gogu, thanks for the report. I've updated PR4919 with the details.
Do/should? these include the newest PVR addons from https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc-pvr-addons? I was hoping to test the 1.9.8 version of NextPVR.
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)8