• 51(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)
(2014-07-19, 10:36)b1m1 Wrote: When I copy files from one NTFS drive to another NTFS drive I get high CPU usage on the destination drive (~65%) on the mount.ntfs process but low CPU usage on the sources drive (~5%) mount.ntfs process.

Is that correct behavior? Why is writing so much more processor intensive?

I don't know the reasons, but NTFS is very inefficient from linux.
If you have a disk permanently connected to the Pi (or any linux machine) then EXT4 (or other linux friendly format) would be recommended.
(2014-07-19, 08:27)Milhouse Wrote:
(2014-07-15, 18:04)Forage Wrote:
(2014-07-15, 00:25)Milhouse Wrote: New OpenELEC Helix build: #0714b
TV Show episodes play again, but details are still being downloaded on the fly, every time I view the episode information.
Is this new behaviour for TV Shows? Does anyone else experience this behaviour? It's quite annoying when having default "OK" button behaviour set to displaying movie/episode information.

Sorry for not picking up on this, I thought it was PVR related (which is a little broken right now and I'm unable to test) but your post in PR:4977 has caused the penny to drop. Fortunately a fix should be in the next build.
No worries, there's plenty of things popping up that might or might not be related.
I didn't expect it to be PVR related since I'm not using that, so I started trying out your builds one by one from a known working version until the issue occurred again. Fortunately only one obvious PR was included in that build.

Thank you for creating a new build that already includes the fix for the first issue. I'll try and see if I can reproduce the crash again.
(2014-07-19, 12:50)Forage Wrote: Thank you for creating a new build that already includes the fix for the first issue. I'll try and see if I can reproduce the crash again.

The last build includes the ability to create a coredump. If you run:
Code:
ulimit -c unlimited
echo "/storage/core.%e.%p" > /proc/sys/kernel/core_pattern
systemctl stop xbmc
/usr/lib/xbmc/xbmc.bin --standalone -fs
then hopefully when xbmc.bin crashes you will get a coredump, which _might_ be useful for subsequent analysis with gdb (popcornmix will have to explain how to do that, if/when you get a coredump!)
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
The addon transmission doesn't work in this latest release. I suppose of change in ssl (https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/pull/3370) ? Probably the addon has to be updated? Or is release problem? When I try to go to :9091 address only this happens:
Quote:New OpenELEC Helix build: #0719

Amazing - thank you for this build. Live TV is working perfectly. I just need to remap my remote with the new links to the EPG.
(2014-07-19, 17:37)Mafarricos Wrote: The addon transmission doesn't work in this latest release. I suppose of change in ssl (https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/pull/3370) ? Probably the addon has to be updated? Or is release problem? When I try to go to :9091 address only this happens:

Yes, most likely - is there a log for Transmission on the Pi? Does it give any indication (error) why Transmission is not running? It probably can't find the openssl library, would be my guess.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-07-19, 23:27)Milhouse Wrote:
(2014-07-19, 17:37)Mafarricos Wrote: The addon transmission doesn't work in this latest release. I suppose of change in ssl (https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/pull/3370) ? Probably the addon has to be updated? Or is release problem? When I try to go to :9091 address only this happens:

Yes, most likely - is there a log for Transmission on the Pi? Does it give any indication (error) why Transmission is not running? It probably can't find the openssl library, would be my guess.

Already checked the log when I make the request to the site, but I don't see any error regarding transmission...
(2014-07-19, 23:27)Milhouse Wrote:

TvHeadend service also fails to load - missing libcrypto.so.1.0.0(which does not seem to exist). I linked libcrypto.so.1.0.0 -> /usr/lib/libcrypto.so and now it loads Smile
Milhouse, already found Github for unofficial openelec https://github.com/OpenELEC/unofficial-addons/pull/35
The request to change is there. Is there any guide explaining how to compile that change and make my own transmission work? As I'm concerned those don't work as regular addons, so I can't change nothing on a .py file.
I know probably not the best place to ask this, but usually you are very helpful Smile
(2014-07-20, 10:13)Mafarricos Wrote: Milhouse, already found Github for unofficial openelec https://github.com/OpenELEC/unofficial-addons/pull/35
The request to change is there. Is there any guide explaining how to compile that change and make my own transmission work? As I'm concerned those don't work as regular addons, so I can't change nothing on a .py file.
I know probably not the best place to ask this, but usually you are very helpful Smile

I don't know if there is a guide, but you'd need to apply that patch on top of the Unofficial Addons repository and build all the addons or maybe you can select which addon to build.
(2014-07-18, 14:00)gandharva Wrote:
(2014-07-18, 12:44)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-07-17, 23:46)gandharva Wrote: Reverting bcm2835-driver to 1e7d3d9 worked. xbmc is on newclock3 branch (14-dc0901d). So it's definitly the firmware causing this issue.

What GPIO pins are you using?

http://img.lightberry.eu/download/doc/Li...ual_EN.pdf

@popcornmix

Do you need more infos, or is there already some fix available?
(2014-07-20, 10:19)Milhouse Wrote:
(2014-07-20, 10:13)Mafarricos Wrote: Milhouse, already found Github for unofficial openelec https://github.com/OpenELEC/unofficial-addons/pull/35

I don't know if there is a guide, but you'd need to apply that patch on top of the Unofficial Addons repository and build all the addons or maybe you can select which addon to build.

I understand that, the problem is to know how to build it. Personally I'm still grasping the concepts in many Linux things. More a windows guy.
(2014-07-20, 10:33)Mafarricos Wrote: I understand that, the problem is to know how to build it. Personally I'm still grasping the concepts in many Linux things. More a windows guy.
From what I've been able to work out:
  1. git clone the main OpenELEC.tv repo:
    Code:
    git clone [email protected]:OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv.git OpenELEC.tv
  2. Apply libressl patches to OpenELEC.tv repository:
    Code:
    cd OpenELEC.tv
    wget -q https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/pull/3370.patch -O - | patch -p1
  3. git clone the unofficial-addons repo:
    Code:
    cd packages
    git clone [email protected]:OpenELEC/unofficial-addons.git unofficial-addons
  4. Apply libressl patches to unofficial-addons repository:
    Code:
    cd unofficial-addons
    wget -q https://github.com/OpenELEC/unofficial-addons/pull/35.patch -O - | patch -p1
  5. Return to root of OpenELEC.tv repository:
    Code:
    cd ../..
  6. Build OpenELEC:
    Code:
    XBMC=master PROJECT=RPi ARCH=arm make release
  7. Build an addon, eg. transmission:
    Code:
    XBMC=master PROJECT=RPi ARCH=arm scripts/create_addon transmission
  8. Zipped addons will be in the build folder:
    Code:
    milhouse@builder:~/projects$ ls -la OpenELEC.tv/build.OpenELEC_Helix-RPi.arm-devel/addons/transmission
    total 540
    drwxrwxr-x 3 milhouse milhouse   4096 Jul 20 10:51 .
    drwxrwxr-x 4 milhouse milhouse   4096 Jul 20 10:59 ..
    drwxrwxr-x 6 milhouse milhouse   4096 Jul 20 10:51 service.downloadmanager.transmission
    -rw-rw-r-- 1 milhouse milhouse 540094 Jul 20 10:51 service.downloadmanager.transmission-4.1.5.zip
Building OpenELEC takes just under 2 hours on a fairly decent 8-core/8GB machine. I'm not actually sure if building OpenELEC is essential before building addons, but it most likely is, particularly if the addon(s) have dependencies on shared system object libraries (ie. libressl!)

I've uploaded a version of Transmission that is hopefully now built using the libressl library here: service.downloadmanager.transmission-4.1.5.zip. Give it a go... Smile
(2014-07-20, 04:33)[email protected] Wrote: TvHeadend service also fails to load - missing libcrypto.so.1.0.0(which does not seem to exist). I linked libcrypto.so.1.0.0 -> /usr/lib/libcrypto.so and now it loads Smile

I've uploaded a new libressl version of Tvheadend: service.multimedia.tvheadend-4.1.2.zip.
Milhouse, thanks for the zip and instructions.
I will try your zip and make the same instructions on my own to understand the process.
But it will take some time, my machine with Linux is an old laptop dual centrino, so will take more than 2 hours to build openelec. Will try only to build the repository.
  • 51(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)8