• 57(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)
(2014-08-03, 17:54)terranow Wrote: Great could you also look at analogue audio as my tv only has dvi. Newclock 4 fixes some pvr channels which do not start with newclock 3 so it would be great if i could use it.

Mute and aspect ratio should be fixed with omxplayer.

I don't see a problem with analogue audio and dvdplayer here. Do gui sounds and music (paplayer) work?
Analogue audio never worked for me with dvdplayer.. will re-install milhouse 801c build tomorrow morning and collect full logs.
(2014-07-27, 17:19)terranow Wrote: i have a live tv channel which used to work (always worked fine except that auto de-interlace did not seem to work on this channel) but stopped working with the last few milhouse builds. I uploaded a sample here

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5174353/Sample.zip

This is broken by the fast channel switch patch. Looks like FernetMenta has a fix for this:
https://github.com/popcornmix/xbmc/commi...1673205d51

which should fix newclock3 in next build. I've also added fast channel switch (and this fix) to newclock4.
New OpenELEC Helix build: #0803
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.15.8 #1 PREEMPT Sun Aug 3 19:50:15 BST 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Aug  1 2014 18:05:07
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 158db03216ab9f49243655d4d325da3264567104 (tainted) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20140803194901-r18877-g359598c

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (359598c, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (7be7f88, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock3 patches
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches due to conflicts with newclock3
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-3.15.y
  • Excludes the OpenELEC xbmc-001-newclock3 patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from newclock3 branch
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • Includes latest libnfs master
  • Includes latest libcec master
  • Includes libcec double-key suppression.
  • Includes libcec CEC Standby Fix.
  • Increase scan interval of PeripBusCEC from 5000 to 60000, reducing CPU loading by about 2% (1GHz Pi) every 5 seconds (even when CEC is "disabled")
  • Includes CONFIG_COREDUMP=y to allow creation of coredumps
  • Includes PR4990: Allow larger font size
Build Highlights:
  1. newclock3-based build.
Build Details:
  1. OpenELEC:
    • xrandr: update to xrandr-1.4.3
    • xcb-proto: update to xcb-proto-1.11
    • libxcb: update to libxcb-1.11
  2. XBMC:
    • [addons] move the 'check for updates' item handling to the onclick handler (PR:5130, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • Fix Darwin host identification (PR:5001, 5 commits, 3 files changed)
    • [pvr] fix stupid mistake on refactor .Equals() comparator to std equals (PR:5137, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • CGUIDialogContextMenu: remove "Add source" context menu entry (PR:5135, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [omx] Restrict the number of outstanding jpeg calls to gpu (PR:5091, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [plugins] drop the RemoveSlashAtEnd() from plugin options (PR:5020, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • ADD: Define AndroidApps as a program section (PR:5133, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [pvr] fix sorting for timers window (PR:5126, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • Fix a bunch of warnings (PR:4917, 5 commits, 7 files changed)
    • [view] fix label for default sort method in CGUIViewState (PR:5140, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • UPnP: fix friendly name on non-Xbox clients (PR:5136, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
    • [rfc] ppaplayer: handle .opus extension (PR:4994, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [bluray] Fix bd-j overlays (PR:5132, 2 commits, 1 file changed)
    • [pvr] improvements/cleanups for the search window (PR:5115, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
    • musicdb: remove DeleteSong/DeleteArtist/DeleteAlbum which didn't have any implementation
  3. newclock3:
    • fast channel switch, make sure extradata is decoded
    • ffmpeg demuxer: allow a stream change if pat/pmt was not seen on open
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Experimental newclock4 build uploaded: #0803b

Same as build #0803, but with newclock4 patches in place of newclock3. See here for details.

newclock4 additions since previous build:
  • [omxrenderer] Use ReleaseBuffer to free images
  • [omxcodec] Support more codecs
  • [omxcodec] More debug
  • [VideoReferenceClock] Add OMX support
  • [omx] Report decoded image name
  • [players] Remove omxplayer as separately selectable player
  • logging: Add microsecond timer to log messages
  • [rbp/settings] Allow av sync type to be enabled
  • [VideoReferenceClock] Hacky scheme to count vsyncs for clock sync
  • [omxcodec] Don't use unknown for first timestamp - can cause blank screen with avi files
  • [omxcodec] Release buffers on re-configure
  • [omxrender] Use callback to player for bypass mode
  • [players] Plumb in mute
  • ffmpeg demuxer: faster channel change for PVR addons without internal demuxing
  • fast channel switch, make sure extradata is decoded
  • ffmpeg demuxer: allow a stream change if pat/pmt was not seen on open
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-08-03, 18:51)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-08-03, 17:54)terranow Wrote: Great could you also look at analogue audio as my tv only has dvi. Newclock 4 fixes some pvr channels which do not start with newclock 3 so it would be great if i could use it.

I don't see a problem with analogue audio and dvdplayer here. Do gui sounds and music (paplayer) work?

(2014-08-03, 19:11)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-07-27, 17:19)terranow Wrote: i have a live tv channel which used to work (always worked fine except that auto de-interlace did not seem to work on this channel) but stopped working with the last few milhouse builds. I uploaded a sample here

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5174353/Sample.zip

This is broken by the fast channel switch patch. Looks like FernetMenta has a fix for this:
https://github.com/popcornmix/xbmc/commi...1673205d51

which should fix newclock3 in next build. I've also added fast channel switch (and this fix) to newclock4.

Tested it with newclock3 and 4 - both fine now thanks

(2014-08-03, 18:51)popcornmix Wrote:

with latest 803b build omx player is fine (including sound), but no gui sounds and no sound in dvdplayer. (don't have gui sounds on 803 build newclock3 either)
(2014-08-01, 21:45)Milhouse Wrote: New firmware with GPIO fix for Hyperion/Lightberry.

For me output to spidev is still not available. I can see it in /dev/ and load the modules (modeprobe spi_bcm2708 modprobe spidev) but nothing is happening with Hyperion.
(2014-08-04, 05:44)terranow Wrote: with latest 803b build omx player is fine (including sound), but no gui sounds and no sound in dvdplayer. (don't have gui sounds on 803 build newclock3 either)

What was the last build with gui sounds? Does stable Openelec 4.0.7 have working gui sounds?
Have you tried a clean install? A debug log file may have some clues.
I have to say the latest #803b build is working well on my RPI model b 512mb.

I use ArgusTV as a PVR backend and found this latest release very responsive for channel switching both on DVB-S2 and DVB-t1.

Also working well is default playback of DVD iso images... so far I use above on analogue audio which works fine. I will be testing with HDMI later today.

Thanks for the the work on newclock 4 looks greatBig GrinBig Grin
Location UK; Media server Windows 7 with ArgusTV 2.3 with TBS6981 DVB-S2 x4 and DVB-T x 2:All network connections cabled on 1Gb router Raspberry Pi2 1GB x 2; RPI 3 x1; PiB+512MB x 3; TV Samsung 55" C8000; AV Denon AVR X2200W
(2014-08-04, 13:37)evanspae Wrote: I have to say the latest #803b build is working well on my RPI model b 512mb.

I use ArgusTV as a PVR backend and found this latest release very responsive for channel switching both on DVB-S2 and DVB-t1.

Also working well is default playback of DVD iso images... so far I use above on analogue audio which works fine. I will be testing with HDMI later today.

With any reports on newclock4 it would be useful if you report if you have "omxplayer" acceleration turned on or off. Ideally test with both.
I noticed a higher CPU usage when watching a h264 stream and disabled omxplayer (so using the new newclock4 pipeline). But that's probably because the video info overlay is rendering with 30fps (my default screen refresh rate) instead of 24. Didn't have a console nearby so that I could have checked the real difference via TOP.

@gui sounds via analogue
I think I had to explicitly select the analouge audio sink and not use HDMI + dual audio. But as my skin doesn't have GUI sounds I could remember wrong. Can test again tonight.
(2014-08-04, 14:34)da-anda Wrote: I noticed a higher CPU usage when watching a h264 stream and disabled omxplayer (so using the new newclock4 pipeline). But that's probably because the video info overlay is rendering with 30fps (my default screen refresh rate) instead of 24. Didn't have a console nearby so that I could have checked the real difference via TOP.

omxplayer enabled will always be lower cpu than disabled. Omxplayer effectively runs the scheduling/rendering/audio engine/sink code on the GPU rather than the arm. That will always be true.
omxplayer rendering is not coupled to gui rendering, so you can have OSD updating at ~10fps and video updating at 30fps (or even 60 for deinterlaced).
Currently dvdplayer is coupled, which means cpu is higher due to OSD being forced to render at video framerate.
Logicially this doesn't have to occur (due to OMXRenderer), but needs some work to decouple the video rendering from OSD rendering.
thanks for info. I thought that with your dvdplayer "refactoring" the drawbacks of dvdplayer in newclock3 would have been gone already. Newclock4 is already working nice though (at least form my tests so far)
(2014-08-04, 14:27)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-08-04, 13:37)evanspae Wrote: I have to say the latest #803b build is working well on my RPI model b 512mb.

With any reports on newclock4 it would be useful if you report if you have "omxplayer" acceleration turned on or off. Ideally test with both.

Default settings used;

DVD Player: dvdplayer
Video Player: omxplayer
Audio Player: paplayer

"omxplayer" acceleration turned on
Location UK; Media server Windows 7 with ArgusTV 2.3 with TBS6981 DVB-S2 x4 and DVB-T x 2:All network connections cabled on 1Gb router Raspberry Pi2 1GB x 2; RPI 3 x1; PiB+512MB x 3; TV Samsung 55" C8000; AV Denon AVR X2200W
(2014-08-04, 17:31)evanspae Wrote: DVD Player: dvdplayer
Video Player: omxplayer

Remember these settings are ignored.

"omxplayer" acceleration enabled => omxplayer
"omxplayer" acceleration disabled => dvdplayer

There may be a future option "auto" which picks the more appropriate player based on audio output device, codecs used, resolution/bitrate etc.
  • 57(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)8