• 63(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)
Any hints on compiling newclock4 branch? OE build fails at xbmc because it can't find "-lmmal -lmmal_core -lmmal_util" according to configure.log.
I think this is because of: https://github.com/popcornmix/xbmc/commi...5d0ecd3dad
How to tell the linker where he can find those libs?
(2014-08-12, 20:51)gandharva Wrote: Any hints on compiling newclock4 branch? OE build fails at xbmc because it can't find "-lmmal -lmmal_core -lmmal_util" according to configure.log.
I think this is because of: https://github.com/popcornmix/xbmc/commi...5d0ecd3dad
How to tell the linker where he can find those libs?

You need this patch applied to OpenELEC before you start the build: http://pastebin.com/EJFVjEyE
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Thanks!
New OpenELEC Helix build: #0812
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.16.0 #1 PREEMPT Tue Aug 12 22:49:00 BST 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Aug 12 2014 18:21:28
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version f32b2bbfdea55d48c9a52b92e5c798f9aa5f47bc (tainted) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20140812224746-r18954-g7720ff6

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (7720ff6f, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (039f5e8c, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock3 patches
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches due to conflicts with newclock3
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-3.16.y
  • Excludes the OpenELEC xbmc-001-newclock3 patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from newclock3 branch
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • Includes latest libnfs master
  • Includes latest libcec master
  • Includes libcec double-key suppression.
  • Includes libcec CEC Standby Fix.
  • Increase scan interval of PeripBusCEC from 5000 to 60000, reducing CPU loading by about 2% (1GHz Pi) every 5 seconds (even when CEC is "disabled")
  • Includes CONFIG_COREDUMP=y to allow creation of coredumps
Build Highlights:
  1. newclock3-based build.
  2. New firmware with fixes for jpeg image decoding, particularly jpegs with 80K+ of embedded junk, e.g. some cameras stick an uncompressed version of the photo in one of the APP blocks, so the jpeg is huge.
Build Details:
  1. Firmware (Aug 12):
    • firmware: video_render: Add parameter for setting the colourspace. Only applicable for non-opaque buffers
    • firmware: gpioman: Allow oscillator to be selected as a clock source
    • firmware: image_decode: huffman and quantization tables shouldn't trigger 'keep all following'. See: link
    • userland: hello_jpeg: Fix decode fail when width/height can't be parsed from first 80K block
    • firmware: video_render: Fix for stereo rendering when crop height is not populated (a fix for 3D views with newclock4/dvdplayer)
  2. OpenELEC:
    • scripts/autoreconf: cosmetics
    • ppp: update to ppp-2.4.7
    • ffmpeg: update to ffmpeg-2.3.2
    • userconfig.service: make sure /storage/.config is there
  3. XBMC:
    • Support international keyboard layouts in the virtual keyboard (PR:5010, 6 commits, 16 files changed)
    • [pvr] deprecate "All recordings" in favor of a "Group Items" feature (PR:5073, 3 commits, 7 files changed)
    • [jenkins] - for ios, droid-arm, droid-x86 rm and init/fetch the touched ... (PR:5196, 2 commits, 4 files changed)
    • [rebrand] Change XBMC to Kodi (PR:5193, 3 commits, 113 files changed)
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Experimental newclock4 build uploaded: #0812b

Same as build #0812, but with newclock4 patches in place of newclock3. See here for details.

newclock4 additions since previous build #0811b:
  • [players] Create players after constructor
  • omxrenderer: Move rendering to flip call
  • omxrenderer: Don't need to use custom allocator
  • omxcodec: Don't need to use custom allocator
  • [omxplayer] Fall back to dvdplayer when required
  • videoreferenceclock: Boost priority
  • [omxcodec] Fix for stills with hardware codec
  • omxrenderer: Flag colourspace used with software decoded video
  • omxplayer: Add acceleration option to choose omxplayer/dvdplayer automatically
  • AE: Add some logging for suspend/resume
  • [rbp] Make cachemembuffersize default depend on memory size

newclock4 now supports an "auto" option for acceleration, that is well worth testing:
popcornmix Wrote:There will be a firmware update soon that has a fix for some jpeg decode errors (e.g. http://forum.stmlabs.com/showthread.php?tid=14839) and a fix for 3D views with newclock4/dvdplayer.

Also have a play with newclock4. I've added a new "auto" option to acceleration. This now chooses dvdplayer if:
You are using an alsa sink
You are playing a dvd
You are playing an unsupported codec (e.g. msmpeg, divx3, sorenson spark)

otherwise you get omxplayer. You can disable the "auto" option if you want to specify explicitly.

Hopefully this means people don't have to worry about choosing a player manually - it just does the right thing.
Quote:Hopefully this means people don't have to worry about choosing a player manually - it just does the right thing.
It does. Tested with some divx3 files. Really great feature! Keep up your good work.
Checked newclock4 but it looks like it have problems with fast ff/rew play, doesn't have virtual suspend and {Filecache} is not fixed yet. Returned to newclock3.
(2014-08-12, 02:27)Milhouse Wrote: One other thing I've just remembered when the Pi unexpectedly wakes, is that the screensaver (in my case, Dim) is not deactivated, as would normally be the case if keyboard/remote input had woken the Pi. Somehow the "wake" event is firing and re-enabling HDMI etc., yet the screensaver remains active so the screen is still dim until user input deactivates the screensaver.

@Milhouse

Do you think you can address this issue?

One other thing:

I've noticed, that my Video Library has some double entries. for example:

101 - Pilot -> The actual Pilot Episode
101 - Pilot -> Another Episode from another Season, but still the same TV show
101 - Pilot -> Another Episode from another Season, but still the same TV show

I have to amnually delete those entries in the DB...

The files shouldn't be a problem as they are neatly organized:

TV Show (American Dad)
-- Season (Season 1)
---- Episode (101 - Pilot)

any ideas why this happens?
(2014-08-13, 13:42)mikeb93 Wrote: The files shouldn't be a problem as they are neatly organized:

TV Show (American Dad)
-- Season (Season 1)
---- Episode (101 - Pilot)

any ideas why this happens?

There's nothing I can do to fix this - you need to name your episodes correctly, ie. "American Dad S01E01".
Do I HAVE to name the TV show in the episodes? isn't "101 - ..." enough?
No you don't need to include the show name, you do however need S01E01 (1x01 may also work). Plain numbers aren't likely to interpreted correctly.
Alright.... I will rename my 3000 episodes at some point ... :/
(2014-08-13, 14:52)Milhouse Wrote: No you don't need to include the show name, you do however need S01E01 (1x01 may also work). Plain numbers aren't likely to interpreted correctly.

101 is actually vallid:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Nam...s/TV_shows

It will be parsed as season 1 episode 1, but has some drawbacks compared to S01E01 or 1x01 that it can't support >= 100 episides in a season (I think this can occur with some daily soaps and talk shows), and it's more likely to falsely trigger with other words in filename.

@mikeb93 Have you tried cleaning library?
It is normal behaviour when an epsode is renamed (e.g. you replace it with a higher quality version) that both end up in library, as scanning only adds to database - never deleting.
You need to clean library to remove any no longer existing videos.
I tried cleaning once but it didn't remove those double entries.
I actually never replaced or renamed any files.

When I scan my library from scratch, those double entries would reappear. That's really really strange...
Looking more closely at
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Nam...s/TV_shows

It looks like files must be named:
"anything_101.mkv" or "anything.101.mkv"

It doesn't explicityly state that "101.mkv" is a valid name.
I don't know for certain, but it might be worth trying renaming the file to start with something before the 101. Then do a clean and scan.
If that helps, then that may be an easier rename to script.
  • 63(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)8