• 85(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)
(2014-09-07, 15:59)h.udo Wrote: Yes, using CEC with 2 LG TV's. Changing CEC source and back doesn't solve it. I know LG CEC implementation is crap but this is the first time I'm seeing this kind of problem.

Funny thing is I made a new newclock4 SD card, configured config.txt/OE/Kodi exactly like the old card and problem is gone. It still shows 2fps but as soon as I press any key on the remote framerate jumps to normal values, i.e., ~30fps.

Old card doesn't recover from sluggish UI. Might this be related to me performing an update from newclok3 to 4?

popcornmix, Milhouse, any thoughts?

It's no doubt caused by this patch we pull in:
https://github.com/xbianonpi/xbian-packa...nder.patch

which lowers GUI fps (and so CPU) when a CEC suspend message comes through. It's always worked correctly for me, but it's possible with different CEC messages it could get stuck in the low fps state.
Now this patch doesn't seem to depend on guisettings.xml (or any files on sdcard), so I wouldn't expect an upgrade to introduce problems.
If anyone else sees the issue, or discovers what makes the problem come and go then please report here,

We can always revert this patch if it's causing issues, but it would be nice to understand the issue more before doing that.
I'll drop the cec render patch from the next few builds, see if it makes any difference.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Thanks @popcornmix and @Milhouse! I'll test the upcoming builds and report.

Also, thanks to @ahplk for the excellent hunch. Spot on, it seems!
(2014-09-07, 15:59)h.udo Wrote: Yes, using CEC with 2 LG TV's. Changing CEC source and back doesn't solve it. I know LG CEC implementation is crap but this is the first time I'm seeing this kind of problem.

Funny thing is I made a new newclock4 SD card, configured config.txt/OE/Kodi exactly like the old card and problem is gone. It still shows 2fps but as soon as I press any key on the remote framerate jumps to normal values, i.e., ~30fps.

Old card doesn't recover from sluggish UI. Might this be related to me performing an update from newclok3 to 4?

popcornmix, Milhouse, any thoughts?

I got an LG TV and I am having the same issue, slow down after many hours. Will go test if turning CEC off helps to fix the issue.

BTW on my old LG TV CEC doesn't support the return or exit buttons how crappy is that.
New OpenELEC Helix build: #0907
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.16.2 #1 PREEMPT Sun Sep 7 22:53:25 BST 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Sep  4 2014 16:52:09
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 2563b1662eca44dd77f49587fc3f3a4a290597c6 (tainted) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20140907225152-r19202-g3a65fae [Build #0907]

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (3a65faee, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (afd428c5, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock4 patches
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches due to conflicts with newclock4
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-3.16.y
  • Excludes the OpenELEC xbmc-001-newclock3 patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from newclock4 branch
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • Adapted service.openelec.settings to take advantage of PR5217
  • Includes latest libnfs master (5fe97d10)
  • Includes latest libcec master (81e38211)
  • Includes libcec double-key suppression.
  • Increase scan interval of PeripBusCEC from 5000 to 60000, reducing CPU loading by about 2% (1GHz Pi) every 5 seconds (even when CEC is "disabled")
  • Includes CONFIG_COREDUMP=y to allow creation of coredumps (see here)
  • Includes PR5222: videodb: Add column name on GROUP query otherwise sub query returns no rows
  • Includes PR5237: [WIP][3D] add support for stereomode switches in video playlist
  • Includes PR5247: StringUtils: optimize Split(), new overloads for Split() and Tokenize()
  • Includes PR5307: [UX] Play button/action should not pause
  • Includes PR5312: dvdplayer: do a seek after having changed subtitle stream
Build Highlights:
  1. New 3.16.2 kernel
  2. Temporarily dropped CEC Standby Fix to see if that helps prevent GUI framerate problems
Build Details:
  1. OpenELEC:
    • linux: add more radeon firmwares
    • dvb-firmware: update to dvb-firmware-0.0.44
    • misc-firmware: update to misc-firmware-0.0.12
    • projects/Cuboxi/patches/u-boot: support for booting on TBS Matrix system (PR:3465, 1 commit, 6 files changed)
    • sudo: exit with exit status 1 (PR:3466, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • fixed: keyboard layout blank and double QWERTY entry (PR:5316, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • build: make D-Bus configurable (PR:5315, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [curl] log effective URL (PR:5331, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • vaapi: fixes and optimizations (PR:5330, 4 commits, 3 files changed)
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I have to say I am really impressed by performance boost on LiveTV. It is much more fluent now and it does not feel so laggy anymore.I am using it with 900mhz OC and the latest builds in the last month really feels totally different compared to the older one.
It would be good to get some feedback regarding the 3D playlist handling support and the small UI changes done to the 3D settings that are part of the test builds since some weeks. Did anybody have any issues with 3D playback or has suggestions on how to improve even more? Without your feedback those fixes might not make it into Helix - especially because there are only 2 days left to get that stuff in.
The last working build for me is the August 30th build. Every build from August 31st on has crashed on me within the first minute after the kodi spash screen. This happens on both of my rpi's.

xbmc.old.log
(2014-09-08, 19:48)tinnyskillz Wrote: The last working build for me is the August 30th build. Every build from August 31st on has crashed on me within the first minute after the kodi spash screen. This happens on both of my rpi's.

Can you try latest build and rename .xbmc (e.g. to .xbmc_old) to see if it works with default settings and no add-ons?
Just tried the newest build 0907 and it is working fine
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
(2014-09-08, 19:56)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-09-08, 19:48)tinnyskillz Wrote: The last working build for me is the August 30th build. Every build from August 31st on has crashed on me within the first minute after the kodi spash screen. This happens on both of my rpi's.

Can you try latest build and rename .xbmc (e.g. to .xbmc_old) to see if it works with default settings and no add-ons?
it worked when i renamed .xbmc to .xbmc_old. it's probably one or a couple of addons that causes my pi to crash
(2014-09-08, 20:28)tinnyskillz Wrote: it worked when i renamed .xbmc to .xbmc_old. it's probably one or a couple of addons that causes my pi to crash

Yes, there's been some API changes that could cause issues with add-ons.
Try installing the add-ons you had before and see if you can identify the one that causes the crash.

It is quite likely that it won't let you install add-ons that haven't been updated
(I think that when the API version is too old it won't let you install an add-on, however I'm not sure it disables an incompatible add-on that is already installed when you update xbmc, so that could have been the problem).
I saw the same happening when an incompatible skin is in use. Kodi boots, segfaults and starts over. Endless loop.
New OpenELEC Helix build: #0908
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.16.2 #1 PREEMPT Mon Sep 8 21:44:04 BST 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Sep  8 2014 18:59:28
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 3f2f2607186be72e4945cfa8edc77872dfc73195 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20140908214255-r19204-g034b531 [Build #0908]

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (034b5318, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (afd428c5, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock4 patches
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches due to conflicts with newclock4
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-3.16.y
  • Excludes the OpenELEC xbmc-001-newclock3 patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from newclock4 branch
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • Adapted service.openelec.settings to take advantage of PR5217
  • Includes latest libnfs master (5fe97d10)
  • Includes latest libcec master (81e38211)
  • Includes libcec double-key suppression.
  • Increase scan interval of PeripBusCEC from 5000 to 60000, reducing CPU loading by about 2% (1GHz Pi) every 5 seconds (even when CEC is "disabled")
  • Includes CONFIG_COREDUMP=y to allow creation of coredumps (see here)
  • Includes PR5222: videodb: Add column name on GROUP query otherwise sub query returns no rows
  • Includes PR5237: [WIP][3D] add support for stereomode switches in video playlist
  • Includes PR5247: StringUtils: optimize Split(), new overloads for Split() and Tokenize()
  • Includes PR5307: [UX] Play button/action should not pause
  • Includes PR5312: dvdplayer: do a seek after having changed subtitle stream
Build Highlights:
  1. New firmware.
Build Details:
  1. Firmware (Sep 8):
    • firmware: Add config option hdmi_blanking to allow hdmi output to be disabled when framebuffer is blanked. See: link
    • firmware: Keep built files out of source tree to avoid tainted builds. See: link
  2. OpenELEC:
    • apt-get: exit with exit status 1 (PR:3468, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  3. newclock4:
    • [dvdplayer] Fix for timestamp correction when no audio or no video
(2014-09-08, 20:33)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-09-08, 20:28)tinnyskillz Wrote: it worked when i renamed .xbmc to .xbmc_old. it's probably one or a couple of addons that causes my pi to crash

Yes, there's been some API changes that could cause issues with add-ons.
Try installing the add-ons you had before and see if you can identify the one that causes the crash.

It is quite likely that it won't let you install add-ons that haven't been updated
(I think that when the API version is too old it won't let you install an add-on, however I'm not sure it disables an incompatible add-on that is already installed when you update xbmc, so that could have been the problem).

It doesn't disable previously installed incompatible plugins, that would be a nice feature though.
  • 85(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)8