• 94(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)
is there a chance for using wlan bridge to eth0 in openelec rpi ?
So it can be used for my lan devices.

btw: thx for all your good work
What about the bug?

(2014-09-21, 12:55)MrNice Wrote: OpenELEC Helix build: #0920
I think I found a bug:

Set as follow:
System > Settings > Audio output > output configuration = Fixed
Limit sampling rate = 44.1 kHz
then back to
System > Settings > Audio output > output configuration = Best match or Optimized
Now play with DVDplayer an HD music (88.2, 96 or 192 kHz), the output will be 44.1 kHz (read on the AVR)

If you choose 88.2 as fixed instead 44.1 you will have the output at 88.2 kHz.

Could you test and confirm?
Paplayer plays OK for the frequency (but I have another issue, see separate thread)
There is no OMXplayer in this version
Config, video/audio player:
3T HDD <USB> Odroid N2+ / CoreElec <HDMI> Denon AVR-2313 <HDMI> LG TV 55UF860V
                                          <nfs wired> Linksys WRT32X router <USB> 4T HDD
Hello,

since kernel 3.16.3 is in use my Pi does no freeze anymore when i set up my HifiBerry DAC (not DAC+) as default audio output device. But now i get only a "white noise" when i play some audio content. Even the menu sound are only a white noise. When i check the DAC with e.g. "aplay -vv /storage/music/M1F1-int16WE-AFsp.wav" the sound is fine.

Any ideas?
(2014-09-22, 22:03)BoBeRzE Wrote: since kernel 3.16.3 is in use my Pi does no freeze anymore when i set up my HifiBerry DAC (not DAC+) as default audio output device. But now i get only a "white noise" when i play some audio content. Even the menu sound are only a white noise. When i check the DAC with e.g. "aplay -vv /storage/music/M1F1-int16WE-AFsp.wav" the sound is fine.

See here for details of what changed. Looks like we may have to revert the revert of the hack that disables 24-bit audio unless someone has a proper fix.
Is a specific debug build (like 0915/0916) required to get a proper crashlog/backtrace? I've had had to switch from wired (via home plugs) to wireless whilst I await a replacement, and am now getting all sorts of weird problems which it's hard to track down without such. (Though I'll happily install and use the debug build when I'm told that's required Wink)
(2014-09-22, 22:20)Unfledged Wrote: Is a specific debug build (like 0915/0916) required to get a proper crashlog/backtrace? I've had had to switch from wired (via home plugs) to wireless whilst I await a replacement, and am now getting all sorts of weird problems which it's hard to track down without such. (Though I'll happily install and use the debug build when I'm told that's required Wink)

It depends on where the crash is happening, if it's in "old(er)" code then the debug I uploaded a few days ago should be sufficient to get a usable backtrace in the event of a crash. Obviously if it's in code added since I uploaded the debug build, then you'll need a more recent debug build. Try the last debug build.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Ok, will do Smile

Most of the crashes seem to be related to caching, which I can' t see any recent commits related to - I'm very hopeful it's just a network problem which hasn't shown itself until now (and with a proper backtrace I should be able to fix locally!)

(Though weirdly, watching back recorded TV actually works far better - previously it would hang for a second or two on trick play, which it doesn't now.)

Whilst I'm thinking about it, though I would think this is aimed more at popcornmix than yourself, recent builds (once I'be tracked down my own issues, I'll let you know which build this started with) don't seem to honour the aspect ratio of non-square pixels (as used by Freeview channels in the UK) on recorded tv (.wtv, mpeg2, DVDPlayer without omxplayer acceleration), nor do they appear to honour aspect ratio changes on live tv (transcoded .ts). Smile
(2014-09-22, 22:34)Unfledged Wrote: Most of the crashes seem to be related to caching, which I can' t see any recent commits related to - I'm very hopeful it's just a network problem which hasn't shown itself until now (and with a proper backtrace I should be able to fix locally!)

(Though weirdly, watching back recorded TV actually works far better - previously it would hang for a second or two on trick play, which it doesn't now.)

Whilst I'm thinking about it, though I would think this is aimed more at popcornmix than yourself, recent builds (once I'be tracked down my own issues, I'll let you know which build this started with) don't seem to honour the aspect ratio of non-square pixels (as used by Freeview channels in the UK) on recorded tv (.wtv, mpeg2, DVDPlayer without omxplayer acceleration), nor do they appear to honour aspect ratio changes on live tv (transcoded .ts). Smile

Check dmesg for out of memory errors.
(2014-09-22, 22:39)popcornmix Wrote: Check dmesg for out of memory errors.

Before the homeplug died, I'd actually been tracking down a memory leak in a script I'm writing, so I have been checking dmesg regularly - not the issue in this case, though a very good suggestion Smile

Ah - backtrace shows IO errors. A few more tests, and I suspect I'll see my sd card has reached the end of its useable lifetime. Thanks for the help, gents.
New OpenELEC Helix build: #0922
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.16.3 #1 PREEMPT Mon Sep 22 21:42:02 BST 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Sep 19 2014 16:49:58
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 193e6925ff92741775b3893fbd95bb8b6dc41e41 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20140922214052-r19275-g3a19737 [Build #0922]

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (3a19737e, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (fa8281b3, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock4 patches
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches due to conflicts with newclock4
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-3.16.y
  • Excludes the OpenELEC xbmc-001-newclock4 patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from newclock4 branch
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • Adapted service.openelec.settings to take advantage of PR5217
  • Includes latest libnfs master (ab1af695)
  • Includes latest libcec master (81e38211)
  • Includes latest xbmc-pvr-addons master (dcda159b)
  • Includes latest xbmc-addon-xvdr master (a3724213)
  • Includes libcec double-key suppression
  • Includes libcec CEC Standby Fix
  • Increase scan interval of PeripBusCEC from 5000 to 60000, reducing CPU loading by about 2% (1GHz Pi) every 5 seconds (even when CEC is "disabled")
  • Includes CONFIG_COREDUMP=y to allow creation of coredumps (see here)
  • Includes PR5222: videodb: Add column name on GROUP query otherwise sub query returns no rows
  • Includes PR5237: [WIP][3D] add support for stereomode switches in video playlist
  • Includes PR5247: StringUtils: optimize Split(), new overloads for Split() and Tokenize()
  • Includes PR5307: [UX] Play button/action should not pause
  • Includes PR5309: [posix] Implement new PosixFile
  • Includes PR5312: dvdplayer: do a seek after having changed subtitle stream
  • Includes PR5324: Add setting to hide library clean progress bar.
  • Includes PR5386: Fix incorrect usage of S_IFDIR flag
  • Includes PR5395: [fix] Closes #15423 Addon update deadlock due to race condition deleting CThread
  • Includes PR5399: dvdplayer: adapt matroshka ssa subs to ffmpeg 2.4 api change
Build Highlights:
  1. OpenELEC updated to ffmpeg 2.4.1. Fix for TrueHD streams with Dolby Atmos substream.
Build Details:
  1. OpenELEC:
    • ffmpeg: update XBMC upstream patches
    • swig: update to swig-2.0.12
    • xbmc: add upstream patch
    • ffmpeg: add upstream patch
    • ffmpeg: add upstream patch
    • projects/Cuboxi/patches/linux: add upstream patch
    • projects/Cuboxi/xbmc: Enable dirty regions mode 1
    • ffmpeg: update to ffmpeg-2.4.1
  2. Custom:
    • Added: PR5399: dvdplayer: adapt matroshka ssa subs to ffmpeg 2.4 api change
    • Added: OEPR:3496 - [busybox] Enable CONFIG_NC_SERVER, closes #3495
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
@Milhouse - Would it be possible to add these RT5572 wlan drivers to your nightly builds? Information regarding these drivers are here. According to the comments, a user was able to get these drivers to work fine under Raspbian.
(2014-09-22, 23:16)swaggerwocky Wrote: @Milhouse - Would it be possible to add these RT5572 wlan drivers to your nightly builds? Information regarding these drivers are here. According to the comments, a user was able to get these drivers to work fine under Raspbian.

Have you requested for these drivers to be added upstream in wlan-firmware? That would be the best option.
Not yet, I will look into that now!
(2014-09-22, 22:34)Unfledged Wrote: Whilst I'm thinking about it, though I would think this is aimed more at popcornmix than yourself, recent builds (once I'be tracked down my own issues, I'll let you know which build this started with) don't seem to honour the aspect ratio of non-square pixels (as used by Freeview channels in the UK) on recorded tv (.wtv, mpeg2, DVDPlayer without omxplayer acceleration), nor do they appear to honour aspect ratio changes on live tv (transcoded .ts). Smile

Does disabling deinterlacec fix this?
(2014-09-23, 00:08)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-09-22, 22:34)Unfledged Wrote: Whilst I'm thinking about it, though I would think this is aimed more at popcornmix than yourself, recent builds (once I'be tracked down my own issues, I'll let you know which build this started with) don't seem to honour the aspect ratio of non-square pixels (as used by Freeview channels in the UK) on recorded tv (.wtv, mpeg2, DVDPlayer without omxplayer acceleration), nor do they appear to honour aspect ratio changes on live tv (transcoded .ts). Smile

Does disabling deinterlacec fix this?

I normally have deinterlace set to 'auto', so I can't guaratee previously it was enabled (automatically) and is now disabled (though it is probable as my understanding is all UK Freeview tv is interlaced, so 'auto' would use it), but...

A test of recorded tv with 'Deinterlace video' set to 'Off' - this does NOT fix the issue. The test was on a channel where all content in the recorded stream was 16x9, the video displays with black bars down left and right side. The video into overlay says 704x408 . This is repeatable on all recorded tv I have tried (all I have recorded appears to be 16x9 at the start of the stream and during ad break).

Live TV - initial program broadcast in 4x3, ad break and following program in 16x9 - setting 'Deinterlace video' to 'Off' appears TO FIX this issue - one program (4x3) switched to correct aspect ratio (16x9) on ad break and for next program start.

I'm still experiencing regular crashes due to my sd card, so I'll track back which builds introduced the recorded tv issue (This definitely did work with these builds at one point) tomorrow.

If a sample would help, let me know know and I'll capture and provide a short sample (with changing aspect ratios, though this doesn't appear to affect live TV). Again, though, this will be tomorrow.
  • 94(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)8