• 98(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)
I have just tryed the last Milhouse builds, at I see a small change..

When I playback Blu-ray/ISO movies, I have to "Activate" Subtitle on every movie (the small subtitle button, lower/right)....
When I playback DVD/ISO movies, the default subtitle language is showing up fine.

How to I Activate/enable subtitle on all Blu-ray/ISO's ?

My setup:
Select omxplayer or dvdplayer automatically "Disable"
Allow hardware acceleration (OMXPlayer) "Enable"
Allow hardware acceleration (MMAL) "Disable"

All setup under "Subtitles" menu, are default.

Best regards
(2014-09-25, 18:29)delinend Wrote: How to I Activate/enable subtitle on all Blu-ray/ISO's ?

Have you tried enabling subtitles as the default? In the Audio OSD while playing a movie, enable subtitles then click on "Set as default for all videos".
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-09-25, 18:33)Milhouse Wrote:
(2014-09-25, 18:29)delinend Wrote: How to I Activate/enable subtitle on all Blu-ray/ISO's ?

Have you tried enabling subtitles as the default? In the Audio OSD while playing a movie, enable subtitles then click on "Set as default for all videos".

Hi Milhouse.

I have just tryed that. But if I stop and restart the Blu-ray/ISO, then the Subtitle enable flag is not saved. Even when I have set as default for all videos in the Audio OSD.
On DVD/ISO playback, the Subtitle is enabled in the Audio OSD.
It looks like the setting is not saved, on Bly-ray/ISO playback.
I've noticed something strange with SSH on these builds.

On a clean install (using create_sdcard on Debian), I cannot SSH to the build (once connected to the network and ssh enabled). When I try to log in as root, 'openelec' doesn't work as a password.

I've just tried the exact same thing with the latest official version (4.1.6) and I can SSH with no problem.

Do these development builds have a different default SSH password?
No, it's the same default password: openelec.

Sounds like an odd problem, can you try older builds to determine when the problem may have been introduced? I'm assuming sshd is running on the clean install of these builds, as it sounds like you're being prompted for a password (but it's not being accepted) - if sshd isn't running, try adding ssh to /flash/cmdline.txt.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
New OpenELEC Helix build: #0925
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.16.3 #1 PREEMPT Thu Sep 25 18:06:04 BST 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Sep 19 2014 16:49:58
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 193e6925ff92741775b3893fbd95bb8b6dc41e41 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20140925175759-r19288-g18f4b63 [Build #0925]

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (18f4b635, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (667d2e0c, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock4 patches
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches due to conflicts with newclock4
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-3.16.y
  • Excludes the OpenELEC xbmc-001-newclock4 patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from newclock4 branch
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • Adapted service.openelec.settings to take advantage of PR5217
  • Includes latest libnfs master (ab1af695)
  • Includes latest libcec master (81e38211)
  • Includes latest xbmc-pvr-addons master (aba6be26)
  • Includes latest xbmc-addon-xvdr master (a3724213)
  • Includes libcec double-key suppression
  • Includes libcec CEC Standby Fix
  • Includes libcec CEC LG Vendor Fix
  • Increase scan interval of PeripBusCEC from 5000 to 60000, reducing CPU loading by about 2% (1GHz Pi) every 5 seconds (even when CEC is "disabled")
  • Includes CONFIG_COREDUMP=y to allow creation of coredumps (see here)
  • Includes PR5222: videodb: Add column name on GROUP query otherwise sub query returns no rows
  • Includes PR5247: StringUtils: optimize Split(), new overloads for Split() and Tokenize()
  • Includes PR5309: [posix] Implement new PosixFile
  • Includes PR5312: dvdplayer: do a seek after having changed subtitle stream
  • Includes PR5324: Add setting to hide library clean progress bar.
  • Includes PR5386: Fix incorrect usage of S_IFDIR flag
  • Includes PR5395: [fix] Closes #15423 Addon update deadlock due to race condition deleting CThread
Build Highlights:
  1. Center channel boost option added - see discussion
  2. xbmc-pvr-addons updated with new pvr.filmon, but pvr.filmon doesn't build so this is being dropped for the time being
Build Details:
  1. OpenELEC:
    • xtrans: update to xtrans-1.3.5
    • ncurses: build statically
    • readline: build statically
    • bluez: fix build with statically build ncurses/readline
    • connman: fix build with statically build ncurses/readline
    • xbmc-addon-xvdr: update to xbmc-addon-xvdr-a372421
  2. XBMC:
    • [pvr] fix deviations of selected item between PVR windows and channel OSD (PR:5401, 2 commits, 4 files changed)
    • [pvr] diskspace indicator in recordings view (PR:5303, 3 commits, 6 files changed)
  3. newclock4:
    • [audio] Add settings option to boost centre channel when downmixing
Hi.

Today I've found the gui running at 98-100 fps! Reboot solves the issue(?), but after switching Tv off and on, problem returns.

My tv is an LG, CEC is enabled, gui is limited to 720p, refresh rate at 60Hz and vsync always enabled.

I'm running build #0925.

P.s.
Thanks again for your great work.
my experience of recent builds:

with the defaults for acceleration left on, i.e ''automatic choice of dvd player, etc,', and omxplayer accell ON,' and mmal accel ON', then everything seems fine until you decide to search through a video.
When you try to return to play, then it will sometimes work correctly, but most of the time, the video will continue but with serious audio/video sync issues.
Removing omx player accel, stops this, but introduces some other problems, i.e. after going to play from seeking it can take a second or two before it begins, and it stutters.
Also, the preview channel for live tv suffers from serious stutter- until you go full screen.

anybody else?
(2014-09-25, 23:53)Milhouse Wrote: New OpenELEC Helix build: #0925
Does this include the other patch mk01 mentioned yesterday?
OpenELEC Helix build: #0925

log file: http://sprunge.us/QTLT

2 issues:
a) Drops when playing HD multichannel music
b) Unexpected down-sampling with DVDplayer

a) xbmc.log from 15:10 to 16:13:11
Playing HD multichannel file, drops occur
I use passthrough on.
CPU usage with ssh (top), is around 65%. This is not a CPU speed issue.

b) xbmc.log from 16:18:36
16:18:53 start DVDPlayer
16:18:54 shows "nopassthrough" Why?
My AVR shows 44.1 kHz
16:19:07 stop playing
then I go to system settings
16:19:34 force samplerate at 88.2kHz
16:19:41 select output configuration: optimized
16:19:59 start DVDPlayer
My AVR shows 88.2 kHz

What does mean in the log:
16:12:29 144.673447 T:3059228672 DEBUG: FactoryCodec - Audio: passthrough - Opening
16:12:29 144.674149 T:3059228672 DEBUG: FactoryCodec - Audio: passthrough - Failed
Config, video/audio player:
3T HDD <USB> Odroid N2+ / CoreElec <HDMI> Denon AVR-2313 <HDMI> LG TV 55UF860V
                                          <nfs wired> Linksys WRT32X router <USB> 4T HDD
(2014-09-25, 23:47)Milhouse Wrote: Sounds like an odd problem, can you try older builds to determine when the problem may have been introduced? I'm assuming sshd is running on the clean install of these builds, as it sounds like you're being prompted for a password (but it's not being accepted) - if sshd isn't running, try adding ssh to /flash/cmdline.txt.

I tried adding ssh to cmdline.txt, but it didn't fix the problem (I noticed that ssh isn't in the cmdline.txt for the official build either). I did notice that ssh was enabled by default after doing this though (I didn't have to activate it in the Openelec 'startup wizard').

I don't know if sshd is running - is it possible to tell without having ssh access to it?! It allows me to enter a login name, but responds as if I've entered the wrong password.

I first I tried installing a clean development build about 6 weeks ago and had the same problem - I assumed it was something I'd done wrong until I tried again this week. I'll try some older builds over the next few days to get some idea of when the problem was introduced.
(2014-09-26, 18:19)MrNice Wrote: 16:18:54 shows "nopassthrough" Why?

You can't passthrough flac files.
(2014-09-26, 21:19)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-09-26, 18:19)MrNice Wrote: 16:18:54 shows "nopassthrough" Why?

You can't passthrough flac files.

Quote:What does mean in the log:
16:12:29 144.673447 T:3059228672 DEBUG: FactoryCodec - Audio: passthrough - Opening
16:12:29 144.674149 T:3059228672 DEBUG: FactoryCodec - Audio: passthrough - Failed
These 2 lines are at the begining, before file selection. Is passthrough enable as I set it up?

Why when I set output configuration= optimized, I get downsampling to a previous fixed sampling rate?

Why I get drops with some 88.2 and 96 kHz files?
Config, video/audio player:
3T HDD <USB> Odroid N2+ / CoreElec <HDMI> Denon AVR-2313 <HDMI> LG TV 55UF860V
                                          <nfs wired> Linksys WRT32X router <USB> 4T HDD
(2014-09-26, 17:10)menakite Wrote:
(2014-09-25, 23:53)Milhouse Wrote: New OpenELEC Helix build: #0925
Does this include the other patch mk01 mentioned yesterday?

Yes.
(2014-09-26, 20:31)ted209 Wrote: I tried adding ssh to cmdline.txt, but it didn't fix the problem (I noticed that ssh isn't in the cmdline.txt for the official build either). I did notice that ssh was enabled by default after doing this though (I didn't have to activate it in the Openelec 'startup wizard').

I don't know if sshd is running - is it possible to tell without having ssh access to it?! It allows me to enter a login name, but responds as if I've entered the wrong password.

I first I tried installing a clean development build about 6 weeks ago and had the same problem - I assumed it was something I'd done wrong until I tried again this week. I'll try some older builds over the next few days to get some idea of when the problem was introduced.

If you're being prompted for a password, then sshd is running. I've no idea why it wouldn't be accepting the openelec password, unless there is a problem with the .ssh folder permissions, maybe.

4.2.0 is using libssh whereas master builds are using libressl. Build #0718 is the first with libressl, so it would be interesting to test that build and the previous build (probably #0714b).

Testing an "official" master build would also help confirm if this problem is common to all master builds or just my build: http://openelec.thestateofme.com/dev_builds/

If you want a console to diagnose the problem, I would suggest adding "textmode" to the end of your line in /flash/cmdline.txt, connect a keyboard to your Pi and reboot - when it comes up you will have access to the logs which may help determine why sshd is rejecting the password - check what is in the system log with "journalctl --no-pager"
  • 98(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)8