• 104(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)
Testfile is playing well with VLC on Windows (the file itselfe is noise...).
New OpenELEC Helix build: #1005
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.16.3 #1 PREEMPT Sun Oct 5 21:21:38 BST 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Oct  1 2014 22:37:42
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 93c98148caed4bc6e4a741944c2717318874e387 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20141005212029-r19335-gf89d7f8 [Build #1005]

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (f89d7f8d, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (cf537700, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock4 patches
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches due to conflicts with newclock4
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-3.16.y
  • Excludes the OpenELEC xbmc-001-newclock4 patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from newclock4 branch
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • Adapted service.openelec.settings to take advantage of PR5217
  • Includes latest libnfs master (ab1af695)
  • Includes latest libcec master (81e38211)
  • Includes latest xbmc-pvr-addons master (259d1506)
  • Includes latest xbmc-addon-xvdr master (a3724213)
  • Includes libcec double-key suppression
  • Includes libcec CEC Standby Fix
  • Increase scan interval of PeripBusCEC from 5000 to 60000, reducing CPU loading by about 2% (1GHz Pi) every 5 seconds (even when CEC is "disabled")
  • Includes CONFIG_COREDUMP=y to allow creation of coredumps (see here)
  • Includes PR5222: videodb: Add column name on GROUP query otherwise sub query returns no rows
  • Includes PR5312: dvdplayer: do a seek after having changed subtitle stream
  • Includes PR5324: Add setting to hide library clean progress bar.
  • Includes PR5431: [videodb] Fix MySQL error while cleaning tvshows
  • Includes PR5448: fix hiding component-specific logging when debug logging is enabled and hidden through advancedsettings.xml (fixes #15409)
  • Includes PR5451: videodb: fix issues with tvshowview by integrating "GROUP BY tvshow.idShow" into the CREATE VIEW statement
  • Includes PR5454: json-rpc: add possibility to force using the default player through Player.Open
Build Highlights:
  1. Update to ffmpeg 2.4.2
  2. Build xbmc against shared ffmpeg
  3. Updated xbmc-pvr-addons (changelog)
  4. Add "Audio output latency" setting to Settings -> System -> Audio output (Expert level setting)
  5. Move gpu accleration into resample quality setting (Settings -> System -> Audio output)
Build Details:
  1. OpenELEC:
    • vdr-plugin-dvbapi: update to vdr-plugin-dvbapi-2617a7f
    • VDR [PATCH] support EMMs in Network Mode at DVBApi - would be added at next VDR 2.1.6+
    • projects/RPi/patches/linux: update RPi support patch
    • alsa-utils: unmute Nvidia CK804 IEC958 devices
    • ffmpeg: update to ffmpeg-2.4.2, seperate xbmc upstream patches
    • xbmc: update to xbmc-14-fa7c4bb
    • xbmc: update FM support patch
    • projects/RPi/patches/xbmc: update RPi support patch
    • ffmpeg: build as shared library
    • xbmc: build agains shared ffmpeg
    • ffmpeg: install ffmpeg binary
  2. XBMC:
    • [darwin] Add real manufacturer name detection (PR:5356, 2 commits, 3 files changed)
  3. newclock4:
    • [AE] Rename ActiveAEResample to ActiveAEResampleFFMPEG
    • [AE] Move utility functions to AEUtil
    • [PiSink] Allow audio output latency to be set in settings
    • [resamplepi] Move gpu accleration into resample quality setting
  4. Custom:
    • Added PR5454: json-rpc: add possibility to force using the default player through Player.Open
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Did you noticed that when you have
-Audio Output > Output configuration: Best match or Optimized
-Acceleration > Allow hardware acceleration (OMXPlayer): enable
then you play a HD audio file with DVDPlayer (so OMXPlayer),
the sampling rate is down-sampled to what is set in
-Audio Output > Output configuration: fixed (hidden)
but never up-sampled Huh??
Config, video/audio player:
3T HDD <USB> Odroid N2+ / CoreElec <HDMI> Denon AVR-2313 <HDMI> LG TV 55UF860V
                                          <nfs wired> Linksys WRT32X router <USB> 4T HDD
(2014-10-04, 19:29)tech242 Wrote:
(2014-10-04, 18:46)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-10-04, 18:39)tech242 Wrote: Renamed the .xbmc folder and rebooted. After new .xbmc folder was created, added advancedsettings.xml so I could set loglevel. Everything else left untouched, and still I got the stuttering and identical error messages. New log uploaded here: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=310224 (please note that log is from after I updated from 0924 to 1004 but results are the same in both versions).

Also tried all the changes to advancedsettings that you suggested (on my original setup), didn't make a difference.

The Pause/Resume sequence means we are not reading data in fast enough. That normally means a network issue. Is it a wired (rather than wireless) network connection?
The fact you had a problem with a usb disk is surprising - can you copy a video to sdcard and report if that is okay?
Can you check dmesg (ssh in and run dmesg) and see if any messages appear when playing the video?
Can you check voltage on Pi?

The connection is wired.
I'm getting the same errors when playing a file from the sdcard.
Nothing reported in dmesg when playing file or when stuttering occurs.
Don't have a multimeter available at the moment, but will try to find one. I have another Pi with a different power supply, will try with that one as well.

Got my hands on a multimeter, voltage is stable at 4.97 both when idling and when playing (and stuttering).
Tried two other power supplies as well, same thing.

Also tried moving my sdcard and usb stick to another Pi, same result. Could it be a problem with sdcard or usb stick?

Any other ideas?
I also had the problem with stuttering videos from network and local storage 2 weeks ago. For me it was the SD-Card which somehow got read-only even when the switch wasn't set to locked. Try to access the SD-Card on a linux-system, when you're able to write everything is fine if not, you should probably try another SD-Card.
(2014-10-05, 22:48)Milhouse Wrote: [*]Add "Audio output latency" setting to Settings -> System -> Audio output (Expert level setting)

@MrNice
Can you try playing with this setting?
It defaults to 100ms of audio buffer. You can change it between 50ms and 300ms. Can you test if any settings help with audio dropouts with your audio files.
(2014-10-06, 17:22)shadowghost Wrote: For me it was the SD-Card which somehow got read-only even when the switch wasn't set to locked.

The read-only sensor isn't physically connected on the Pi circuit board, so the switch/lock on the SD card has no effect whatsoever.

If your SD card becomes read-only, that would be because the fileystem is corrupted in some way and needs to be fscked.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-10-05, 22:48)Milhouse Wrote: [*]Add "Audio output latency" setting to Settings -> System -> Audio output (Expert level setting)

@MrNice
Can you try playing with this setting. The default is 100ms of buffering. You can change it between 50ms and 300ms.
(2014-10-06, 17:31)Milhouse Wrote: The read-only sensor isn't physically connected on the Pi circuit board, so the switch/lock on the SD card has no effect whatsoever.
If your SD card becomes read-only, that would be because the fileystem is corrupted in some way and needs to be fscked.
...Keeping in mind that the SYSTEM partition is supposed to be read only, and if the STORAGE partition was read only, he could not have copied a file to it (as he did).
(2014-10-06, 17:44)allan87 Wrote:
(2014-10-06, 17:31)Milhouse Wrote: The read-only sensor isn't physically connected on the Pi circuit board, so the switch/lock on the SD card has no effect whatsoever.
...Keeping in mind that the SYSTEM partition is supposed to be read only, and if the STORAGE partition was read only, he could not have copied a file to it (as he did).

Yeah, permissions seem to be correct.
@popcornmix
(2014-10-06, 17:29)popcornmix Wrote:

@MrNice
Can you try playing with this setting?
It defaults to 100ms of audio buffer. You can change it between 50ms and 300ms. Can you test if any settings help with audio dropouts with your audio files.
I tried with 50ms, 100ms (default) and 300ms. Nothing changed to better/worse

Did you look at http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1808334
Config, video/audio player:
3T HDD <USB> Odroid N2+ / CoreElec <HDMI> Denon AVR-2313 <HDMI> LG TV 55UF860V
                                          <nfs wired> Linksys WRT32X router <USB> 4T HDD
Some feedback for #1005 Finally timeline epg opens really fast and live tv running fine in background without stutter and slowdows. Thanks popcornmix ?
(2014-10-06, 19:16)Jönke Wrote: Some feedback for #1005 Finaly timeline epg opens really fast and live running fine in background without stutter and slowdows. Thanks popcornmix ?

Is this dvdplayer or omxplayer?
Was #1005 the first build that behaves better?
(2014-10-06, 17:31)Milhouse Wrote:
(2014-10-06, 17:22)shadowghost Wrote: For me it was the SD-Card which somehow got read-only even when the switch wasn't set to locked.

The read-only sensor isn't physically connected on the Pi circuit board, so the switch/lock on the SD card has no effect whatsoever.

Yeah I know (and I did fscked it), but the complete card was somehow damaged (since now I don't know how and what exactly was damaged). Pi couldn't write files on it (what has worked before) and the SD itselfe wasn't even writable over ssh. I tried to set it up fresh but writing the image failed because of (not really) set lock. However even with linux and root the system wasn't properly installed out of the tarball, so I used another SD Smile .
But back to his problem: Trying another SD would eventually help to get rid of the stuttering vids.
(2014-10-06, 19:31)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-10-06, 19:16)Jönke Wrote: Some feedback for #1005 Finaly timeline epg opens really fast and live running fine in background without stutter and slowdows. Thanks popcornmix ?

Is this dvdplayer or omxplayer?
Was #1005 the first build that behaves better?

omxplayer! I have to back a few builds and test them to tell cause i was away for a couple of days
  • 104(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)8