• 105(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)
(2014-10-06, 20:13)Jönke Wrote: omxplayer! I have to back a few builds and test them to tell cause i was away for a couple of days

I would be interested in knowing the exact build that improved things. There's been no performance related fix for EPG.
There's been some experimental changes elsewhere (e.g. changing thread priorities) which could have helped things,
but it would be nice to identify exactly which change helped (so I don't revert it).
Hi popcornmix,

i tested around with the new builds. The sound is fine without GPU acceleration except for 24Bit/192kHz files. The sound is not like white noise. I think the playback is to fast.

In the log file i see the following error:

Code:
20:23:51 44307.937500 T:3033527376   ERROR: CAESinkALSA - snd_pcm_writei(-32) Broken pipe - trying to recover
20:23:53 44309.691406 T:2699031632   ERROR: Previous line repeats 34 times.

Here is a debug log

Playback via HDMI to my TV is fine. Here is a log

But at the moment i am very happy to use my HifiBerry again Big Grin

Thanks to all persons which helped me!!!

EDIT
If i set the output to 96khz the playback to slow. When i set the output to 44.1khz the playback is even slower
New OpenELEC Helix build: #1006
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.16.3 #1 PREEMPT Mon Oct 6 21:27:26 BST 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Oct  1 2014 22:37:42
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 93c98148caed4bc6e4a741944c2717318874e387 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20141006212616-r19341-g03f0590 [Build #1006]

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (03f0590f, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (243d4bab, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock4 patches
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches due to conflicts with newclock4
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-3.16.y
  • Excludes the OpenELEC xbmc-001-newclock4 patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from newclock4 branch
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • Adapted service.openelec.settings to take advantage of PR5217
  • Includes latest libnfs master (ab1af695)
  • Includes latest libcec master (81e38211)
  • Includes latest xbmc-pvr-addons master (259d1506)
  • Includes latest xbmc-addon-xvdr master (a3724213)
  • Includes libcec double-key suppression
  • Includes libcec CEC Standby Fix
  • Increase scan interval of PeripBusCEC from 5000 to 60000, reducing CPU loading by about 2% (1GHz Pi) every 5 seconds (even when CEC is "disabled")
  • Includes CONFIG_COREDUMP=y to allow creation of coredumps (see here)
  • Includes PR5222: videodb: Add column name on GROUP query otherwise sub query returns no rows
  • Includes PR5312: dvdplayer: do a seek after having changed subtitle stream
  • Includes PR5324: Add setting to hide library clean progress bar.
  • Includes PR5431: [videodb] Fix MySQL error while cleaning tvshows
  • Includes PR5448: fix hiding component-specific logging when debug logging is enabled and hidden through advancedsettings.xml (fixes #15409)
  • Includes PR5451: videodb: fix issues with tvshowview by integrating "GROUP BY tvshow.idShow" into the CREATE VIEW statement
  • Includes PR5454: json-rpc: add possibility to force using the default player through Player.Open
  • Includes PR5463: [python] add *all* module dependencies to path
Build Highlights:
  1. Added PR5463, which may resolve issues introduced by PR5201, eg. with script.module.addon.common. @Mafarricos, please test!
Build Details:
  1. OpenELEC:
    • tzdata: move tz-data.service to basic.target
    • projects/Cuboxi/patches/linux: add upstream patch
    • tzdata: run tz-data.service early
  2. XBMC:
    • [gui] GUIFontTTF: allow loading fonts from any supported VFS, remove nee... (PR:5328, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • fix login into password protected profiles (PR:5455, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [darwin] Move all function in DarwinUtils to static class, update functions names (PR:5443, 1 commit, 21 files changed)
    • [tests] Fix TestFile after recent updates
  3. Custom:
    • Added PR5463: [python] add *all* module dependencies to path
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
@popcornmix
@Milhouse

I didn't get any answer for that, very stange isn't it?
(2014-10-06, 17:23)MrNice Wrote:
(2014-09-15, 15:19)popcornmix Wrote: ...
If enabling logging makes it better, then that is interesting (although can't think of a reason for that yet).

OpenELEC Helix build: #1005
I can confirm:
I played 2 mn of the same HD audio file with log disabled then with log enabled, that 6 times:
- Without log I get a drop at average of 1.5 second, so around 80 drops for 2 mn
- With log I get 0 to 6 drops within the first 15 seconds then not drop for 2 mn

The log:
2 starts of the same HD audio file, the first start has no drop, the second start has 5 or 6 drops.
http://sprunge.us/RhiE
Config, video/audio player:
3T HDD <USB> Odroid N2+ / CoreElec <HDMI> Denon AVR-2313 <HDMI> LG TV 55UF860V
                                          <nfs wired> Linksys WRT32X router <USB> 4T HDD
(2014-10-07, 10:44)MrNice Wrote: @popcornmix
@Milhouse

Just so you know, my Pi is connected to a monitor using HDMI, which then has its stereo line-out connected to the stereo line-in on a Windows PC which is connected to 2.1 speakers. I tested one of your demo files and had no problem with playback.

As I'm unable to reproduce your testing environment let alone your problem, I can't really contribute more than this.

Reproducing your issue is crucial to understanding and finding a solution, but obviously reproducing is not easy otherwise I'm pretty sure it would have been solved already.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
@Milhouse

Thanks for your great builds. I have used them for ....since Rbej.

Please Help .

I have issues with my addons since build #0901.
Suddenly several different Add on have "script errors" and basic function do not work probably.
These are for example Icefilm 1channel Mashup etc

In build #0830 the works perfectly. I have tested back and forth re-installing in order to confirm that the issue is coming from the upgrade to build #0901. This i can confirm .The problem of course is also on new builds like #106

I here have been reading through the release note but for me as a "non expert" I do not read that there should be issues

here is the log
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=313143

Cheers and thumbs up for these awsome builds and your work

P
I am a bit confused Smile

I understand that it is great to get involved in the more esoteric parts of development builds, thats great,- but for me - the most basic parts of these media player builds seem flakey.

I have tried all the recent builds, and without exception, if I leave omx acceleration ON, ( i.e default) then searching through video is unusable and results in huge audio/video sync issue when returning to play. It works a bit better OFF, but it introduces a lot of stuttering.

Thanks everybody for all the fantastic work - but - isn't that facility the most basic thing a media player should be able to do?

I have posted this comment on a number of threads , in the hope someone can point out an error I may be making,( highly likely) or at least agree with what I am saying, but with no luck.

I have done completely fresh installs and the result is the same- unusable video searching.

The official build doesn't do this- ( 4.2.0 ), so it just a case of this is not a priority in the current dev builds?, in which case I will stick with the official builds- slow as they are !Smile

many thanks

pootler
(2014-10-07, 14:48)pootler Wrote: I have tried all the recent builds, and without exception, if I leave omx acceleration ON, ( i.e default) then searching through video is unusable and results in huge audio/video sync issue when returning to play. It works a bit better OFF, but it introduces a lot of stuttering.

Most of the dev focus is currently on dvdplayer as that has has the most changes since Gotham (and that's what my home xbmc setup is configured to use).
I test omxplayer on and off and it seems to behave fine.

Ideally upload a sample file that demonstrates the problem. Explain exactly what you do to trigger it (e.g. wait 10 seconds then seek forwards twice by 30 seconds, now audio is out of sync).
A debug log when doing this will help confirm if my settings are the same and that I'm seeing the same issue as you.
(2014-10-06, 20:19)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-10-06, 20:13)Jönke Wrote: omxplayer! I have to back a few builds and test them to tell cause i was away for a couple of days

I would be interested in knowing the exact build that improved things. There's been no performance related fix for EPG.
There's been some experimental changes elsewhere (e.g. changing thread priorities) which could have helped things,
but it would be nice to identify exactly which change helped (so I don't revert it).

I was not able to find the exact build were it all starts to be good , but at least all builds from middle of august until now is good. So i hope you wont change anything that old Smile
(2014-10-07, 11:21)Milhouse Wrote:
(2014-10-07, 10:44)MrNice Wrote: @popcornmix
@Milhouse

Just so you know, my Pi is connected to a monitor using HDMI, which then has its stereo line-out connected to the stereo line-in on a Windows PC which is connected to 2.1 speakers. I tested one of your demo files and had no problem with playback.

As I'm unable to reproduce your testing environment let alone your problem, I can't really contribute more than this.

Reproducing your issue is crucial to understanding and finding a solution, but obviously reproducing is not easy otherwise I'm pretty sure it would have been solved already.
If you don't have the hardware, I understand it's not easy to test for you.
As I have some time to work on it, I can propose you to tell me any test, log, etc... you want to get a clue on the issue.

BTW, does popcornmix has a 5.1 hardware?
And what about the other issue I found?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1808261
or
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1797450

Thank you for your answer anyway and your great work.
Config, video/audio player:
3T HDD <USB> Odroid N2+ / CoreElec <HDMI> Denon AVR-2313 <HDMI> LG TV 55UF860V
                                          <nfs wired> Linksys WRT32X router <USB> 4T HDD
New OpenELEC Helix build: #1007
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.16.3 #1 PREEMPT Tue Oct 7 21:02:20 BST 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Oct  6 2014 22:06:47
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version a363c9d4a3ff3c2f367d45044015674a8639dbeb (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20141007210109-r19342-gdc51895 [Build #1007]

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (dc51895f, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (e0db1d8a, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock4 patches
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches due to conflicts with newclock4
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-3.16.y
  • Excludes the OpenELEC xbmc-001-newclock4 patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from newclock4 branch
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • Adapted service.openelec.settings to take advantage of PR5217
  • Includes latest libnfs master (ab1af695)
  • Includes latest libcec master (81e38211)
  • Includes latest xbmc-pvr-addons master (259d1506)
  • Includes latest xbmc-addon-xvdr master (a3724213)
  • Includes libcec double-key suppression
  • Includes libcec CEC Standby Fix
  • Increase scan interval of PeripBusCEC from 5000 to 60000, reducing CPU loading by about 2% (1GHz Pi) every 5 seconds (even when CEC is "disabled")
  • Includes CONFIG_COREDUMP=y to allow creation of coredumps (see here)
  • Includes PR:705: Added support for Wolfson Audio Card by Element-14 on Raspberry Pi Model B
  • Includes PR:5312: dvdplayer: do a seek after having changed subtitle stream
  • Includes PR:5324: Add setting to hide library clean progress bar.
  • Includes PR:5454: json-rpc: add possibility to force using the default player through Player.Open
  • Includes PR:5463: [python] add *all* module dependencies to path
Build Highlights:
  1. New firmware.
  2. Includes support for Wolfson audio card - hopefully someone can test. This thread might be useful if you need info on configuration etc. Also see PR:705 for details.
Build Details:
  1. Firmware (Oct 6):
    • firmware: Add parameter for setting dynamic resample ratio for audio_mixer
  2. OpenELEC:
    • dvb-firmware: update to 0.0.46
  3. XBMC:
    • Update fileposition on write in AFPFile (PR:5464, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Update of Win32 power management functions (PR:5466, 2 commits, 1 file changed)
    • fix hiding component-specific logging when debug logging is enabled and hidden through advancedsettings.xml (fixes #15409) (PR:5448, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • fix limited range for picture viewer, OpenGL part only (PR:5457, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • security: do not accept the MD5 hash of a password (PR:5462, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • FFMPEG: Bump to version 2.4.2 (PR:5460, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • AEStreamInfo: Handle sync headers with extension blocks (PR:5459, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • videodb: Add column name on GROUP query otherwise sub query returns no r... (PR:5222, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [videodb] Fix MySQL error while cleaning tvshows (PR:5431, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • videodb: fix issues with tvshowview by integrating "GROUP BY tvshow.idShow" into the CREATE VIEW statement (PR:5451, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Compile warnings again (PR:5438, 6 commits, 6 files changed)
    • timidity: Fix "Stage 1 -> Hall 1" reverb effect type (PR:5283, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  4. newclock4:
    • [resamplepi] Remove unused variabled
    • [AE] Don't submit data to resampler when more than one frame is buffered
    • [ResamplePi] Allow resample ratio to vary continuously
  5. Custom:
    • Added PR:705: Added support for Wolfson Audio Card by Element-14 on Raspberry Pi Model B
Dear SIR Milhouse

THANKS for this

I just installed #1007 all issues with add's is now .........ok !!

I am grateful

I wish I could help some more

P
did you look at the samples? if you need more, just let me know....
(2014-10-03, 10:42)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-10-03, 08:48)gendo Wrote: Were these files usefull or do you need anything else?

I've downloaded the files but not had a chance to test yet.
Should do this weekend.
New bug in PVR playback. This appears to be restricted to recent Milhouse builds (last week, aprox, to date) — It does not affect the current OS X Helix alpha 4 nightly (Oct 7).

When you play back a show with an EDL for commercial skipping, the mac build skips the ad automatically, but the recent Milhouse builds either go black at the ad, or freeze on the last frame before the ad. Sound continues to play for a bit and pressing up in this interval skips the ad.

In both cases, the new myth (not cmyth) PVR add-on is being used. The following log starts a few seconds before the ad.

http://pastebin.com/n1b6QVFW
(2014-10-08, 08:08)allan87 Wrote: New bug in PVR playback. This appears to be restricted to recent Milhouse builds (last week, aprox, to date) — It does not affect the current OS X Helix alpha 4 nightly (Oct 7).

Identifying the exact build that introduced the problem would be useful.
  • 105(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)8