• 107(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)
@popcornmix I'm experiencing a strange issue with your latest newclock4 updates, on XBian.

I have a build from 20141004 that is working fine (unfortunately I don't have a backup of the newclock4 patch file). Yesterday I have updated to latest master and latest newclock4, I've also updated the firmware.

From time to time I randomly get a blank screen and no audio when using passthrough. I have tried to:
* disable GPU accelerated resampling (set to High) - this, and the firmware, seem to be the only changes since 20141004;
* disable Adjust PLL (set to any other value), just to be sure;
* both.

A debug log doesn't show anything relevant and anyways no ERROR lines.

When this happens, CEC is still working (indeed I can stop the video, and the menu is then shown).

If I disable passthrough the issue magically disappears. So far I have only tested with AC3 (2.0, 5.1) videos. My TV also supports DTS so I'll test later.
I know this is usually related to the power supply, but I've measured it a few months ago, and I'm not sure why disabling passthrough would fix it if that's the case.

I'd like to try the older firmware and I'm wondering if it'd be safe to do so (I'll make sure to disable GPU resampling), or it would explode.

Edit: if it's relevant, all acceleration settings are enabled, so I'm using OMXPlayer.
(2014-10-09, 19:08)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-10-09, 19:00)MrNice Wrote: As you can read above, Milhouse is not able to test and fixe the drops I have when playing HD audio files.
So, now you are my only hope.
Could you tell me if you can fixe and test, with my help of course, the issue in a reasonable delay? (2-3 months I'd say?)
If you can't I'll have to consider to buy another hardware player and maybe software as I can't listen these audio files.
Thank you in advance for your answer.

I added the audio latency gui settings hoping it would help you.
I tested a couple of the 2L files on 50ms, 100ms and 300ms and with channels set to 2.0, 2.1 and 5.1 and they all played fine for me, so I'm not sure what to suggest.
We are in a "cul de sac". Is it the way we can say it?

Just an idea, but you certainly had it first:
Is it possible to get a log that could show exactly which part of hardware or software is the culpride?
Is there another way to investigate? I have time to test.

I was thinking to try my Pi with another AVR. Unfortunately, I am living in a place in a country side where nobody has this kind of stuff. Even no audio shop in the closest city, I should say town.
Config, video/audio player:
3T HDD <USB> Odroid N2+ / CoreElec <HDMI> Denon AVR-2313 <HDMI> LG TV 55UF860V
                                          <nfs wired> Linksys WRT32X router <USB> 4T HDD
(2014-10-09, 21:07)MrNice Wrote: I was thinking to try my Pi with another AVR. Unfortunately, I am living in a place in a country side where nobody has this kind of stuff. Even no audio shop in the closest city, I should say town.

Do you hear the dropouts through analogue connection?
(2014-10-09, 14:59)Milhouse Wrote: Yes, looks like it's not scaling the frequency - I probably set one of the kernel options incorrectly, though not sure which one. Popcornmix?

Looks like the default was set to CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_DEFAULT_GOV_POWERSAVE, rather that the desired CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_DEFAULT_GOV_ONDEMAND. I've updated 3.17 tree to fix this.
(2014-10-08, 12:23)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-10-08, 08:08)allan87 Wrote: New bug in PVR playback. This appears to be restricted to recent Milhouse builds (last week, aprox, to date) — It does not affect the current OS X Helix alpha 4 nightly (Oct 7).

When you play back a show with an EDL for commercial skipping, the mac build skips the ad automatically, but the recent Milhouse builds either go black at the ad, or freeze on the last frame before the ad. Sound continues to play for a bit and pressing up in this interval skips the ad.

In both cases, the new myth (not cmyth) PVR add-on is being used. The following log starts a few seconds before the ad.

http://pastebin.com/n1b6QVFW
Identifying the exact build that introduced the problem would be useful.
#0901 skips automatically. #0902 does not. In both cases, the older cmyth pvr add-on is used, as the new myth pvr was not yet included.
(2014-10-09, 21:18)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-10-09, 21:07)MrNice Wrote: I was thinking to try my Pi with another AVR. Unfortunately, I am living in a place in a country side where nobody has this kind of stuff. Even no audio shop in the closest city, I should say town.

Do you hear the dropouts through analogue connection?

When I activate HDMI + analogue output, the signal switch to 2/0/0 (stereo), so there is no drop out.
Config, video/audio player:
3T HDD <USB> Odroid N2+ / CoreElec <HDMI> Denon AVR-2313 <HDMI> LG TV 55UF860V
                                          <nfs wired> Linksys WRT32X router <USB> 4T HDD
(2014-10-07, 16:00)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-10-07, 14:48)pootler Wrote: I have tried all the recent builds, and without exception, if I leave omx acceleration ON, ( i.e default) then searching through video is unusable and results in huge audio/video sync issue when returning to play. It works a bit better OFF, but it introduces a lot of stuttering.

Most of the dev focus is currently on dvdplayer as that has has the most changes since Gotham (and that's what my home xbmc setup is configured to use).
I test omxplayer on and off and it seems to behave fine.

Ideally upload a sample file that demonstrates the problem. Explain exactly what you do to trigger it (e.g. wait 10 seconds then seek forwards twice by 30 seconds, now audio is out of sync).
A debug log when doing this will help confirm if my settings are the same and that I'm seeing the same issue as you.

O.K. - I am hopeful I have stuff for you.

I am afraid the data is in two separate places.

here is the link to the ( not wonderful )video sample which shows the a/v problem.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/683bmiysvk8azw...4.mp4?dl=0

There is no special set of actions that create it - it happens whether you FF for ten seconds or two hours.
As you can see in the video , I only FF for a short distance.

here is the link to the debug log that was running during the video sample.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=315490

I hope that is the right data.

many thanks popcorn mix

pootler
Very weird issue. When using airplay from itunes directly, it does not work. However, if I use the itunes "Remote" from my iphone, I can trigger it to stream airplay. This is quite weird as I was under the impression that the ios "Remote" just remote control itunes on my imac? Any clue? I will cross-post in the respective airplay thread. See log below:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=315542
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
And one more airplay related issue, which appears openelec specific. When streaming photos to openelec, it shows the photo, but it "flicks" back every few seconds. This does not happen on Kodi running on OSX. Is my description clear enough and could one of the developers whether you can replicate and potentially fix this issue? Thanks in advance!
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
New OpenELEC Helix build: #1010
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.17.0 #1 PREEMPT Fri Oct 10 23:59:55 BST 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Oct  6 2014 22:06:47
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version a363c9d4a3ff3c2f367d45044015674a8639dbeb (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20141010235846-r19345-g7c25d27 [Build #1010]

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (7c25d27c, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (8e441a71, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock4 patches
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches due to conflicts with newclock4
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-3.17.y
  • Excludes the OpenELEC xbmc-001-newclock4 patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from newclock4 branch
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • Adapted service.openelec.settings to take advantage of PR5217
  • Includes latest libnfs master (ab1af695)
  • Includes latest libcec master (81e38211)
  • Includes latest xbmc-pvr-addons master (259d1506)
  • Includes latest xbmc-addon-xvdr master (a3724213)
  • Includes libcec double-key suppression
  • Includes libcec CEC Standby Fix
  • Increase scan interval of PeripBusCEC from 5000 to 60000, reducing CPU loading by about 2% (1GHz Pi) every 5 seconds (even when CEC is "disabled")
  • Includes CONFIG_COREDUMP=y to allow creation of coredumps (see here)
  • Includes PR:5312: dvdplayer: do a seek after having changed subtitle stream
  • Includes PR:5324: Add setting to hide library clean progress bar.
  • Includes PR:5463: [python] add *all* module dependencies to path
  • Includes PR:5485: Fix episode NFO scraping
Build Highlights:
  1. PR:5485: Fix for episode NFO scraping, fixes trac #15472. @allan87 (and anyone else experiencing the issues resolved by the PR) - please test.
  2. Issues with kernel 3.17.0 frequency scaling remain, and being investigated. Could be due to this patch which may now require updates in Pi frequency scaling code.
Build Details:
  1. OpenELEC:
    • openssh: update to openssh-6.7p1
    • wireless-regdb: update to wireless-regdb-2014.10.07
  2. XBMC:
    • dvdplayer: another ssa subtitle fix (PR:5480, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [GLES] Fix build break on i.MX 6 based systems (PR:5469, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • compile warnings due to unused variables (PR:5471, 3 commits, 3 files changed)
    • [python] Clearly state that Player.pause() also resumes. (PR:5468, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [dvdplayer] Remove omx render features from dvdplayer and handle in mmalrenderer (PR:5441, 1 commit, 4 files changed)
    • Better handle Read/Write errors in PosixFile and Win32File (PR:5465, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
    • Ignore media content with .nomedia in parent (PR:3748, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [ios8] - bugfixes for ios8 runtime (PR:5477, 4 commits, 6 files changed)
    • GUI.OnScreensaverDeactivated does not follow JSON-RPC API definition (PR:4661, 2 commits, 4 files changed)
    • json-rpc: add possibility to force using the default player through Player.Open (PR:5454, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
  3. newclock4:
    • CacheStrategy: remove usage of emulated win32 functions, switch to internal VFS
  4. Custom:
    • Added PR:5485: Fix episode NFO scraping
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
You may want to test PR 5324, as I suspect it wasn't actually applied (it depends on how OpenELEC applies patches, Git failed). It's even possible that it was only partly applied. However I have fixed conflicts now.
(2014-10-11, 03:27)menakite Wrote: Please test PR 5324, as I suspect it wasn't actually applied. However I have fixed conflicts now.

Seems to be there (works for me) - what makes you think there were conflicts? If you mean the recent JSON API bump, I anticipated that one and worked around it. Smile Thanks for rebasing.

All the patches are in the tar if you want to check which patches were applied - drill down into milhouse.build.tar.gz\milhouse.build.tar\milhouse.1010\OpenELEC.tv\projects\RPi\patches\xbmc where you'll find the two commits from PR5324, bookended by my own temporary patches to fix the JSON API bump.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
@Milhouse, can you direct me towards the changes that you made to service.openelec.settings for pr:5217? I'd like to incorporate these into a Helix script I'm working on but just don't understand how to implement the changes (the old seems to operate nicely where the code model runs in a "whilst not XBMC.abortRequested()", the new not so much!). Hopefully examining the changes incorporated into your build will help me, but I can't find them!
Thanks for testing! I also had a conflict in xbmc/interfaces/json-rpc/schema/methods.json - if it was only partly applied, it could've been possible that it didn't work from JSON, as my git-am failed to handle it too.

(I've rephrased my post to be more clear just before you replied.)
(2014-10-11, 03:48)Unfledged Wrote: @Milhouse, can you direct me towards the changes that you made to service.openelec.settings for pr:5217? I'd like to incorporate these into a Helix script I'm working on but just don't understand how to implement the changes (the old seems to operate nicely where the code model runs in a "whilst not XBMC.abortRequested()", the new not so much!). Hopefully examining the changes incorporated into your build will help me, but I can't find them!

This is the patch (it's also in the tar, applied against the service.openelec.settings package): http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=aDsC9Nr0
  • 107(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)8