• 116(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)
(2014-10-21, 20:14)kieranc Wrote: FWIW, hifiberry doesn't work with #1020

Pastebin.com/P6jqJ0mZ

Thanks, unfortunately I don't know the cause, or have a solution. You'll need to contact Hifiberry and let them know there's a problem with their hardware and the 3.17.y kernel and maybe they can offer a solution - it looks like they only support OpenELEC up to v4.1.6, and Helix/OE5 with the very latest kernel may not even be on their radar (although it probably should be).

It's quite possibly a conflicting or missing kernel option (current kernel options), but I'm sure they can work it out - sadly it's beyond my ken.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I have a iso-file, dvd-rip, with no menu. It does not start playing when it is located on my nfs or smb-share, but when I play it located on a USB-pin (ntfs) it starts playing. Others iso plays smoothly.

The log-file can be downloaded here

Edit: Build #1018 plays it, #1019 to 1023 does not.

Edit:
I did a random check on my iso's.

build #1019 to 1023: Some but not all with no menus does not start playing. All of those I checked with menus played well.

Build #1018: all seems to play fine
New OpenELEC Helix build: #1021
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.17.1 #1 PREEMPT Tue Oct 21 21:02:33 BST 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Oct 17 2014 17:56:05
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 845092531e360acd37f2f1964157f8079c77edfb (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20141021210121-r19445-g75e8cd3 [Build #1021]

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (75e8cd34, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (96f3d33f, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock4 patches
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches due to conflicts with newclock4
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-3.17.y
  • Excludes the OpenELEC xbmc-001-newclock4 patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from newclock4 branch
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • Adapted service.openelec.settings to take advantage of PR5217
  • Includes latest libnfs master (ab1af695)
  • Includes latest libcec master (81e38211)
  • Includes latest xbmc-pvr-addons master (067befe6)
  • Includes latest xbmc-addon-xvdr master (2bf2563c)
  • Includes libcec double-key suppression
  • Includes libcec CEC Standby Fix
  • Increase scan interval of PeripBusCEC from 5000 to 60000, reducing CPU loading by about 2% (1GHz Pi) every 5 seconds (even when CEC is "disabled")
  • Includes CONFIG_COREDUMP=y to allow creation of coredumps (see here)
  • Includes additional ffmpeg codecs/muxers enabled for testing/benchmarking purposes. See patch
  • Includes PR:5312: dvdplayer: do a seek after having changed subtitle stream
  • Includes PR:5416: added: POC mp4 movie/episode tag support
  • Includes PR:5524: Respect parent path decision when cleaning paths.
Build Highlights:
  1. OpenELEC Kodi rebranding
  2. Updated xbmc-pvr-addons master (changelog)
Build Details:
  1. OpenELEC:
    • [xbmc-rebrand] xbmc: move to package 'kodi'
    • [xbmc-rebrand] xbmc-theme-Confluence: move to package 'kodi-theme-Confluence'
    • [xbmc-rebrand] xbmc-audioencoder-flac: move to package 'kodi-audioencoder-flac'
    • [xbmc-rebrand] xbmc-audioencoder-lame: move to package 'kodi-audioencoder-lame'
    • [xbmc-rebrand] xbmc-audioencoder-vorbis: move to package 'kodi-audioencoder-vorbis'
    • [xbmc-rebrand] xbmc-audioencoder-wav: move to package 'kodi-audioencoder-wav'
    • [xbmc-rebrand] xbmc-addon-xvdr: move to package 'kodi-addon-xvdr'
    • [xbmc-rebrand] xbmc-pvr-addons: move to package 'kodi-pvr-addons'
    • [xbmc-rebrand] mediacenter: move package depends
    • kodi-audioencoder-flac: update to kodi-audioencoder-flac-84bdf32
    • kodi-audioencoder-lame: update to kodi-audioencoder-lame-90fb99b
    • kodi-audioencoder-vorbis: update to kodi-audioencoder-vorbis-a73ef7e
    • kodi-audioencoder-wav: update to kodi-audioencoder-wav-b28ab95
    • kodi-pvr-addons: update to kodi-pvr-addons-067befe
    • linux: add upstream patch
    • [xbmc-rebrand] scripts/image: rename XBMC comments to 'Kodi'
    • [xbmc-rebrand] config/functions: rename XBMC comments to 'Kodi'
  2. XBMC:
    • dxva: fix selection of render target format (PR:5531, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [win32] fix running XBMC with custom home directory (PR:5542, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
    • Confluence fixes (PR:5546, 3 commits, 2 files changed)
    • [pvr] fix toggle between previous and next channel (PR:5528, 2 commits, 3 files changed)
    • [rebrand] - fixed some labels from strings.po files (PR:5548, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Popcornmix could you revert "Revert "hack: revert squash: don't update originaldts when marked as invalid"" or look at sample at http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1805635 If i can assist by testing or uploading other samples...
hi there, since version #1020 and #1021 the addon openelecdevupdate stop working, this is my log

05:21:53 47201.980469 T:2675962960 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
05:21:53 47202.234375 T:2675962960 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
Error Contents: No module named bs4
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.openelec.devupdate/service.py", line 12, in <module>
from resources.lib import builds
File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.openelec.devupdate/resources/lib/builds.py", line 10, in <module>
from bs4 import BeautifulSoup, SoupStrainer
ImportError: No module named bs4
-->End of Python script error report<--

maybe you can fix this...
rgds
(2014-10-22, 09:42)platin Wrote: hi there, since version #1020 and #1021 the addon openelecdevupdate stop working, this is my log

05:21:53 47201.980469 T:2675962960 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
05:21:53 47202.234375 T:2675962960 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
Error Contents: No module named bs4
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.openelec.devupdate/service.py", line 12, in <module>
from resources.lib import builds
File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.openelec.devupdate/resources/lib/builds.py", line 10, in <module>
from bs4 import BeautifulSoup, SoupStrainer
ImportError: No module named bs4
-->End of Python script error report<--

maybe you can fix this...
rgds
Can you upload a full debug log to xbmclogs.com and post the link. It seems like a problem with the python path, so probably not an issue with the add-on itself.
Leopold's Repository: Home of LibreELEC Dev Updater ...
(2014-10-22, 11:26)Leopold Wrote:
(2014-10-22, 09:42)platin Wrote: hi there, since version #1020 and #1021 the addon openelecdevupdate stop working, this is my log
Can you upload a full debug log to xbmclogs.com and post the link. It seems like a problem with the python path, so probably not an issue with the add-on itself.

here´s my log http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=324451
(2014-10-22, 12:08)platin Wrote: here´s my log http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=324451

That's not a debug log, plus it's a log from #1019 when you say the problem starts with #1020/#1021. Please upload a full debug log from #1021, and include the error when calling the addon.
this is very weird, iam with #1021 and after i send the log it still on #1019

ok, now i figured it out

log from #1020

this is the right way?
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=324470
(2014-10-22, 12:23)platin Wrote: this is very weird, iam with #1021 and after i send the log it still on #1019

After the rebranding, the log is now called kodi.log (from #1020/#1021 onwards) - you're uploading your old log from #1019 which is when the log was last called xbmc.log. Maybe there needs to be a symbolic link from xbmc.log to kodi.log.

I've just installed the OpenELEC Dev Update addon from github (sha:9b1d605e, install from zip) and configured it to use my folder as the Source URL (ie. "MilhouseVH Builds (RPI)") with everything else left as default, and it fails while looking for "/usr/lib/xbmc/xbmc.bin" which no longer exists (it''s now "/usr/lib/kodi/kodi.bin").

Haven't been able to reproduce any BS4 failure.

Debug log: http://sprunge.us/hCLO
ok, thanks for your support my previous post has the right log from kodi
(2014-10-21, 20:29)Milhouse Wrote:
(2014-10-21, 20:14)kieranc Wrote: FWIW, hifiberry doesn't work with #1020

Pastebin.com/P6jqJ0mZ

Thanks, unfortunately I don't know the cause, or have a solution. You'll need to contact Hifiberry and let them know there's a problem with their hardware and the 3.17.y kernel and maybe they can offer a solution - it looks like they only support OpenELEC up to v4.1.6, and Helix/OE5 with the very latest kernel may not even be on their radar (although it probably should be).

It's quite possibly a conflicting or missing kernel option (current kernel options), but I'm sure they can work it out - sadly it's beyond my ken.
Well, I've tried speaking to the hifiberry devs (dev?) but he seems unwilling to accept that it's a problem, or his problem.
Can anyone speculate as to when 3.17 is likely to be used on a general-release openelec build? Days, weeks months?
(2014-10-22, 17:09)kieranc Wrote: Well, I've tried speaking to the hifiberry devs (dev?) but he seems unwilling to accept that it's a problem, or his problem.
Can anyone speculate as to when 3.17 is likely to be used on a general-release openelec build? Days, weeks months?

The Helix OE stable release will be on at least 3.17.
Hard to say exactly when that will happen, but I think by the end of the year is the approximate timescale.
(2014-10-22, 17:09)kieranc Wrote: Well, I've tried speaking to the hifiberry devs (dev?) but he seems unwilling to accept that it's a problem, or his problem.

That's an unfortunate response, to put it mildly. Glad I haven't invested any money with that company.
Does anyone have problems with subtitles? Here videos stutter every 20-30 seconds.
  • 116(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)8