• 126(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)
New OpenELEC Helix build: #1031
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.17.2 #1 PREEMPT Sat Nov 1 00:03:17 GMT 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Oct 17 2014 17:56:05
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 845092531e360acd37f2f1964157f8079c77edfb (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20141101000209-r19507-g7d05785 [Build #1031]

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (7d05785b, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (eda7cc53, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock4 patches
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches due to conflicts with newclock4
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-3.17.y
  • Excludes the OpenELEC xbmc-001-newclock4 patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from newclock4 branch
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled (new installs only) [patch details]
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • Adapted service.openelec.settings to take advantage of PR:5217 [patch details]
  • Includes latest libnfs master (ab1af695)
  • Includes latest libcec master (f3dbed65), with latest testing commits from popcornmix
  • Includes latest xbmc-pvr-addons master (067befe6)
  • Includes latest xbmc-addon-xvdr master (2bf2563c)
  • Includes CONFIG_COREDUMP=y to allow creation of coredumps (see here)
  • Includes additional ffmpeg codecs/muxers enabled for testing/benchmarking purposes. See patch
  • Includes commits from libcec-2.2.0 (popcornmix)
  • Includes PR:5312: dvdplayer: do a seek after having changed subtitle stream
  • Includes PR:5573: webserver: improved caching control (see discussion)
  • Includes PR:5584: HTTP/Webdav encoding fixes - Fixes ticket #15365
  • Includes PR:5587: Invalidate path hash on remove so the infoscanner can pick it up again
  • Includes PR:5593: fix script.library type missing in runscript/runaddon checks.
  • Includes PR:5599: filesystem: add COverrideFile/COverrideDirectory to reduce code duplication
  • Includes PR:5601: [videodatabase] speed up the video database cleanup for archives
  • Reverted e502b099: Reason: Causes segfault when accessing DVD ISO/IFO over SMB (see PR5534)
Build Highlights:
  1. New 3.17.2 kernel, gcc-4.9.2, gdb-7.8.1 and systemd-217.
Build Details:
  1. OpenELEC:
    • linux: update to linux-3.17.2
    • gcc: update to gcc-4.9.2
    • gdb: update to gdb-7.8.1
    • kodi: add patch to dont check for SDL-image at buildtime, only texturepacker needs this
    • add new package 'SDL2'
    • kodi: build with SDL2 support
    • libcec: update to libcec-2.2.0
    • systemd: install usb*.hwdb
    • systemd: update to systemd-217
    • systemd: /etc/udev/rules.d works fine as a symlink
    • systemd: add upstream patch
    • systemd-addon-wrapper: remove system.d/$1.service on disable. just in case..
    • projects/Cuboxi: rename project 'Cuboxi' to 'imx6'
    • repository.unofficial.addon.pro: bump for imx6
  2. XBMC:
    • [CEC] fixed: re-enable CEC logging by default (PR:5588, 2 commits, 3 files changed)
    • removed accidental backup file committed...
    • ... and prevent these backup files from being committed again
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Hello. I'm experiencing a problem with OpenELEC Helix build 1029 (and earlier) that makes my system go slower than a snail (and one that's going through treacle!)

I did a search of the forums, but nothing related to my problem was flagged up.

I'm not sure if it should be raised here, so if not my apologies, and a redirect would be appreciated.

Whilst investigating what the problem might be, I have found several entries in journalctl / dmesg :-

Nov 01 00:13:03 OpenELEC-dev kernel: [[1;31mpcm512x 1-004d: Failed to get supply 'AVDD': -517[[0m
Nov 01 00:13:03 OpenELEC-dev kernel: [[1;31mpcm512x 1-004d: Failed to get supplies: -517[[0m
Nov 01 00:13:03 OpenELEC-dev kernel: i2c 1-004d: Driver pcm512x requests probe deferral
Nov 01 00:13:03 OpenELEC-dev kernel: [[1;31mpcm512x 1-004c: Failed to get supply 'AVDD': -517[[0m
Nov 01 00:13:03 OpenELEC-dev kernel: [[1;31mpcm512x 1-004c: Failed to get supplies: -517[[0m
Nov 01 00:13:03 OpenELEC-dev kernel: i2c 1-004c: Driver pcm512x requests probe deferral

(I've attached further examples.)

Q1. Is this the correct forum to be raising this ?
Q2. If not, can you point me in the right direction please.
Q3. If it is the correct forum, is this “failure” serious, and causing my system problems.

Further info:- I have a RPi 512B. The wireless dongle in the dmesg is an Edimax EW-7722UTN V2 300MBPS 802.11B/G/N WIRELESS MINI USB WIFI ADAPTER.
The “failures” at the end of dmesg and journal, are when Tvheadend is scanning muxes.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Dmesg Dmesg

Journalctl Journalctl
(2014-11-01, 03:17)lowrider888 Wrote: Q1. Is this the correct forum to be raising this ?
Q3. If it is the correct forum, is this “failure” serious, and causing my system problems.

Q1. Sure, if you're using one of the test builds posted to this thread
Q3. Probably not, although I can't read your Dropbox files which you've managed to upload in some weird ".odt" format. Just upload them directly to pastebin - it's dead easy in OpenELEC with ssh:
Code:
dmesg | paste
journalctl --no-pager | paste
then paste the urls here.

In terms of identifying the cause of your slowdown, it's most likely an addon.

You can enable debug log (wiki) and hope the addon is spamming stuff to your log (/storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log) which might give you a chance to identify and disable it.

If it's still not obvious from your log which addon is responsible, then start with a fresh setup
Code:
systemctl stop kodi
mv /storage/.kodi /storage/.kodi.bak
systemctl start kodi
and re-add your addons one at a time until the slowdown returns - the last addon you added is probably the culprit.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
New OpenELEC Helix build: #1101
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.17.2 #1 PREEMPT Sat Nov 1 21:03:34 GMT 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Oct 31 2014 21:07:06
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version d6e6fbc88f2f7edb93ac9639e121cb45a780aaa4 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20141101210223-r19521-g5ebc50d [Build #1101]

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (5ebc50dc, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (b6c4fb6a, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock4 patches
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches due to conflicts with newclock4
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-3.17.y
  • Excludes the OpenELEC xbmc-001-newclock4 patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from newclock4 branch
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled (new installs only) [patch details]
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • Adapted service.openelec.settings to take advantage of PR:5217 [patch details]
  • Includes latest libnfs master (ab1af695)
  • Includes latest libcec master (260df18a)
  • Includes latest xbmc-pvr-addons master (067befe6)
  • Includes latest xbmc-addon-xvdr master (2bf2563c)
  • Includes CONFIG_COREDUMP=y to allow creation of coredumps (see here)
  • Includes additional ffmpeg codecs/muxers enabled for testing/benchmarking purposes. See patch
  • Includes commits from libcec-2.2.0 (popcornmix)
  • Includes PR:373: Release v1.9.25 (kodi-pvr-addons)
  • Includes PR:5312: dvdplayer: do a seek after having changed subtitle stream
  • Includes PR:5573: webserver: improved caching control (see discussion)
  • Includes PR:5584: HTTP/Webdav encoding fixes - Fixes ticket #15365
  • Includes PR:5587: Invalidate path hash on remove so the infoscanner can pick it up again
  • Includes PR:5593: fix script.library type missing in runscript/runaddon checks.
  • Includes PR:5599: filesystem: add COverrideFile/COverrideDirectory to reduce code duplication
  • Includes PR:5601: [videodatabase] speed up the video database cleanup for archives
  • Includes PR:5616: Fix marking a video with a resume point as watched.
  • Includes PR:5625: Fix library clean/scan after #5324 when started from a remote.
  • Reverted e502b099: Reason: Causes segfault when accessing DVD ISO/IFO over SMB (see PR5534)
Build Highlights:
  1. New firmware
  2. Added PR:373 (kodi-pvr-addons), PR:5616 and PR:5625
  3. newclock4 commits merged upstream (PR:5582, PR:5622 and PR:5620)
  4. libcec 2.2.0 fixes merged into Kodi (PR:5610)
Build Details:
  1. Firmware (Oct 31):
    • firmware: arm_loader: Add lock to rotated frame updates to avoid an unsafe update from mailbox channel. See: link
    • firmware: hdmi: Fix for attached flag in hdmi status when booting with cable disconnected. See: link
  2. OpenELEC:
    • projects/*/linux: remove not needed cpufreq governors
    • Python: dont install distutils
    • projects/Generic/linux: increase max supported cpus to 16
    • libressl: update to libressl-2.1.1
    • libcec: update $PKG_URL
    • vdr: remove eitscan disable patch
    • samba: add patch to rename 'string_free', this fixes build of kodi with if libssh-0.6.x
    • libssh: update to libssh-0.6.3
  3. XBMC:
    • VideoReferenceClock: refactor, fixes, video sync for RPi (PR:5582, 6 commits, 35 files changed)
    • libCEC fixes (PR:5610, 8 commits, 10 files changed)
    • [rbp/settings] Allow av sync type to be enabled (PR:5622, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [omxplayer] Request 3 render buffers (PR:5620, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Use APP_NAME_LC for generating the android library (PR:5607, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • VAAPI: Change some loglevels - we are spamming too much (PR:5589, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • FIX: PGS Subs: Don't read from null ptr (PR:5617, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  4. newclock4:
    • New commits in this build:
      • [omxplayer] Add option to choose omxplayer/dvdplayer automatically (38355a4f)
      • [AE] Allow resampler to indicate when it has too much data buffered (021b9ead)
    • Commits no longer in build:
      • Switch from glDrawArrays() to glDrawElements(). (203e1760)
      • [rbp/settings] Allow av sync type to be enabled (89feab02)
      • [omxplayer] Add acceleration option to choose omxplayer/dvdplayer automatically (b6e5b995)
      • videorefclock: refactoring (ebaf3b59)
      • X11: expose crtc needed by drm video sync (f05f45b1)
      • videorefclock: add video sync drm (340d0e07)
      • Add support for calling OnResetDevice on display mode change (a139e160)
      • Add method for waiting for next vsync (5f87df2a)
      • Add VideoReference clock for Raspberry Pi (2d9978cc)
      • SQUASH: only if dim or black (6e2b3e45)
      • [mmalcodec] squash: Avoid preroll when using trickplay (8048150b)
      • [AE] Don't submit data to resampler when more than one frame is buffered (b260cf19)
      • [mmal] Exit preroll when we have some decoded frames (617cae55)
      • config: Add -finstrument-functions (af9c99b7)
      • Revert "config: Add -finstrument-functions" (19204851)
      • [omxplayer] Avoid reopening stream when interlace hasn't really changed (03be6b6f)
      • [omxplayer] Request 3 render buffers (0eb97de4)
      • [VideoReferenceClock] Boost priority (edd79ab0)
      • fixed: don't try to stick a value > 255 in a byte (75e5340f)
      • Increase double tap timeout to 300ms (8ee7d5d2)
      • prevent bus rescan on a Pi, since the adapter cannot be removed (15df1410)
      • [cec] Update to match header from libcec-2.2.0 (a9f42999)
  5. Custom:
    • Added: PR:373: Release v1.9.25 (kodi-pvr-addons)
    • Added: PR:5616: Fix marking a video with a resume point as watched.
    • Added: PR:5625: Fix library clean/scan after #5324 when started from a remote.
(2014-11-01, 23:38)Milhouse Wrote:
  • Added PR:5625: Fix library clean/scan after #5324 when started from a remote.
Could someone please confirm that this works from keyboards, remotes, ...
I have only tested with a keyboard.

@popcornmix This seems to have disappeared from newclock4 after recent rebases. Not sure if it was intentional, but...
(2014-11-02, 00:10)menakite Wrote: @popcornmix This seems to have disappeared from newclock4 after recent rebases. Not sure if it was intentional, but...

Ah - well spotted.
Looks like that one got lost. I've added it back in. Thanks!
(2014-11-02, 00:10)menakite Wrote: @popcornmix This seems to have disappeared from newclock4 after recent rebases. Not sure if it was intentional, but...

It was in the #1031 build - the following commits have just dropped out of newclock4 with the #1101 build:
  • Switch from glDrawArrays() to glDrawElements().
  • [rbp/settings] Allow av sync type to be enabled
  • [omxplayer] Add acceleration option to choose omxplayer/dvdplayer automatically
  • videorefclock: refactoring
  • X11: expose crtc needed by drm video sync
  • videorefclock: add video sync drm
  • Add support for calling OnResetDevice on display mode change
  • Add method for waiting for next vsync
  • Add VideoReference clock for Raspberry Pi
  • SQUASH: only if dim or black
  • [mmalcodec] squash: Avoid preroll when using trickplay
  • [AE] Don't submit data to resampler when more than one frame is buffered
  • [mmal] Exit preroll when we have some decoded frames
  • config: Add -finstrument-functions
  • Revert "config: Add -finstrument-functions"
  • [omxplayer] Avoid reopening stream when interlace hasn't really changed
  • [omxplayer] Request 3 render buffers
  • [VideoReferenceClock] Boost priority
  • fixed: don't try to stick a value > 255 in a byte
  • Increase double tap timeout to 300ms
  • prevent bus rescan on a Pi, since the adapter cannot be removed
  • [cec] Update to match header from libcec-2.2.0

Several of these (videoclock, libcec) are now merged upstream.
"SQUASH: only if dim or black" has been merged into "Disable textbox autoscrolling while on screensaver."
Not sure about the rest.
(2014-11-02, 00:16)popcornmix Wrote: Ah - well spotted.
Looks like that one got lost. I've added it back in. Thanks!

Would it help if I included those commits that drop out of newclock4?
(2014-11-02, 00:24)Milhouse Wrote: Would it help if I included those commits that drop out of newclock4?

Yes that could be useful.
You may find commits change hashes, but the descriptions should be constant.
You'll also find sometimes (like today) there are a lot of adds and removes due
to pulling out features into PR branches then pulling them back in (with some
squashing, tweaking and detail in commit messages).

I think the missing commits are okay - they are all files that have been merged
or submitted as PRs (while the original commits have gone you should find the
code is still present - just refactored in other commits).
Yes, I'm matching on description to identify when new commits appear. Will update the last release notes with the new information shortly.
Release notes updated.
How to hide unwanted upnp sources in Videos,Files ? I have not added them but they appered when updated to latest buld.
@Jönke. available UPNP devices will always show up in file mode now as soon as they are detected. Once they are offline they also disapper from there. Ideally the sources list would be grouped by local/custom sources and automatic (USB stick, UPNP, ...) ones - but that's still missing. Showing the UPNP devices available is a first step though.
Please add option to hide them again if you can . Dont like to have unwanted music sources in Videos, files
For a example my Sonos system is there
yea, we know about that. It's unfortunately not that easy (or probably impossible) to filter the UPNP devices upfront showing them. But sane grouping should fix most glitches
  • 126(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)8