• 128(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)
I was just about to buy The Hifiberry Digi+, and luckily sore this!!
It would be great if we can get this to work, there site says the openelec guys have a HifiBerry to play with, but not whom.
Maybe withthe Kodi Beta1 now out we might get an official image that works? or Is your (The amazing Milhouse) build going to be it anyway ;-)

Again Popcorn/Milhouse thank you for your amazing support and input .
JB
New OpenELEC Helix build: #1103
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.17.2 #1 PREEMPT Mon Nov 3 21:15:24 GMT 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Oct 31 2014 21:07:06
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version d6e6fbc88f2f7edb93ac9639e121cb45a780aaa4 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20141103211336-r19541-g274f618 [Build #1103]

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (274f6181, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (0d428514, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock4 patches
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches due to conflicts with newclock4
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-3.17.y
  • Excludes the OpenELEC xbmc-001-newclock4 patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from newclock4 branch
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled (new installs only) [patch details]
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • Adapted service.openelec.settings to take advantage of PR:5217 [patch details]
  • Includes latest libnfs master (ab1af695)
  • Includes latest libcec master (260df18a)
  • Includes latest xbmc-pvr-addons master (067befe6)
  • Includes latest xbmc-addon-xvdr master (2bf2563c)
  • Includes CONFIG_COREDUMP=y to allow creation of coredumps (see here)
  • Includes additional ffmpeg codecs/muxers enabled for testing/benchmarking purposes. See patch
  • Includes commits from libcec-2.2.0 (popcornmix)
  • Includes PR:373: Release v1.9.25 (kodi-pvr-addons)
  • Includes PR:374: [pvr.hts] Backported GetPlayingTime from pvr.tvh. (kodi-pvr-addons)
  • Includes PR:5573: webserver: improved caching control (see discussion)
  • Includes PR:5584: HTTP/Webdav encoding fixes - Fixes ticket #15365
  • Includes PR:5599: filesystem: add COverrideFile/COverrideDirectory to reduce code duplication
  • Includes PR:5625: Fix library clean/scan after #5324 when started from a remote.
  • Reverted e502b099: Reason: Causes segfault when accessing DVD ISO/IFO over SMB (see PR5534)
Build Highlights:
  1. Kodi 14.0 Beta 1
  2. No longer remove remaining Wolfson config options from OpenELEC linux.arm.conf
Build Details:
  1. OpenELEC:
    • projects/Generic/linux: enable CONFIG_X86_CHECK_BIOS_CORRUPTION
    • projects/Generic/linux: enable CONFIG_X86_BOOTPARAM_MEMORY_CORRUPTION_CHECK
    • fluxbox: depend on xrandr/xext/xrender
  2. XBMC:
    • Update READMEs for Linux / Ubuntu (PR:5605, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • Revert automatically listing UPnP servers among video sources (PR:5639, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
    • [Readme] xbmc -> kodi left over (PR:5640, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [pvr] fix deleting recording folders (PR:5612, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [release] bump to 14.0 beta1 (PR:5461, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • xbmc -> left over
    • [release] also bump version in configure.in
    • Update GPL license XBMC -> Kodi
  3. newclock4:
    • New commits in this build:
      • Revert "[omxplayer] Add ability to dump out audio/video data for later debugging" (c930319f)
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-11-03, 16:55)gendo Wrote: thanks if i can help in anyway do let me know. I can repeat errors at will just find channel with low reception and move dish a little..

Okay, the new build should dump audio/video from the demuxer end, so I can see the timestamps before correction.
Can you enable the component specific logging to dump audio/video packets, and also capture a debug enabled log?
(2014-11-04, 00:12)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-11-03, 16:55)gendo Wrote: thanks if i can help in anyway do let me know. I can repeat errors at will just find channel with low reception and move dish a little..

Okay, the new build should dump audio/video from the demuxer end, so I can see the timestamps before correction.
Can you enable the component specific logging to dump audio/video packets, and also capture a debug enabled log?
Thanks. tried with latest build but i cannot find any audio.dat or video.dat files, guess last build does not have all the commit.. will wait for next build, or am i looking in the wrong place?
(2014-11-03, 23:19)javaboyuk Wrote: I was just about to buy The Hifiberry Digi+, and luckily sore this!!
It would be great if we can get this to work, there site says the openelec guys have a HifiBerry to play with, but not whom.
Maybe withthe Kodi Beta1 now out we might get an official image that works? or Is your (The amazing Milhouse) build going to be it anyway ;-)

Again Popcorn/Milhouse thank you for your amazing support and input .
JB

It's the other way around. HifiBerry did work, but fails to work in Helix builds (Kodi). The hifiberry dev doesn't seem to care either. If this doesn't change, I guess HifiBerry has the same future as the Wolfson card... see last build Sad
(2014-11-04, 06:35)gendo Wrote: Thanks. tried with latest build but i cannot find any audio.dat or video.dat files, guess last build does not have all the commit.. will wait for next build, or am i looking in the wrong place?

The commit is there - it wasn't detected as a "new" commit as it uses the same description as an existing commit.

However you're right, it doesn't seem to be working for some reason - I've checked the source code and the dump_packet calls are present and correct... DVDPlayer.cpp from last nights build.

Edit: I've just tested a new build using latest newclock4 patches and video/audio debug data is still not being captured.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-11-03, 23:57)Milhouse Wrote: New OpenELEC Helix build: #1103

Build Highlights:
  1. Kodi 14.0 Beta 1
  2. No longer remove remaining Wolfson config options from OpenELEC linux.arm.conf

Does this mean Wolfson audio works now?
(2014-11-04, 14:37)goundoulf Wrote: Does this mean Wolfson audio works now?

No - it just means I'm using more or less the same kernel config as upstream OpenELEC which still ships with the Wolfson options enabled even though the Wolfson modules are no longer present in the 3.17.y branch (pulled, because they don't work).

It's just one less difference between my build and upstream should Hifiberry suggest any changes in order for their hardware to work with OpenELEC and 3.17.y.
It looks like propblems with CEC wake up were not solved in this build.
(2014-11-04, 15:33)darzur Wrote: It looks like propblems with CEC wake up were not solved in this build.

Might be worth creating an issue here.
Explain it seems to be a regression from libcec 2.1.4 to 2.2.0, and include a debug log (make sure CEC component logging is enabled - I think it is by default currently).
@popcornmix: I know you got a lot on your plate so/but just in case it was lost from your radar: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1826332

Mind you, it's not that I'm stuck and waiting for it, my custom settings work for me now. The defaults need some tweaking before you mainline it, to prevent others running into undesired behaviour.
(2014-10-31, 20:48)Forage Wrote: It will fail to autoscroll with your default settings 300/0/0 if you keep the button pressed. At least, in my case. This can't be desired behaviour. Doesn't 0 for the repeat setting default to a sane value?
That one should be fixed in last night's build. Setting repeat=0 should still repeat slowly like CEC used to.
Quote:Repeat setting 80 is fine for some lists, but results in madness on the main XBMC menu screen when keeping left or right pressed btw. I'll lower it to a good balance.
I have investigated this.
Basically keyboard repeats with a sequence of key presses with incrementing durations.
CEC remote keyboard repeats with a sequence of key presses with zero durations.
When you provide non-zero durations xbmc hits the end of lists and stops (until another discrete press).

I did add this behaviour last night (after the Milhouse build) and it seemed to work okay with my debug build on a Sony,
but a release OE build at home on Panasonic wasn't repeating at all. Not sure if that an issue with building from wrong trees, or some difference in Sony/Panasonic behaviour.
(2014-11-04, 18:50)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-10-31, 20:48)Forage Wrote: It will fail to autoscroll with your default settings 300/0/0 if you keep the button pressed. At least, in my case. This can't be desired behaviour. Doesn't 0 for the repeat setting default to a sane value?
That one should be fixed in last night's build. Setting repeat=0 should still repeat slowly like CEC used to.
Quote:Repeat setting 80 is fine for some lists, but results in madness on the main XBMC menu screen when keeping left or right pressed btw. I'll lower it to a good balance.
I have investigated this.
Basically keyboard repeats with a sequence of key presses with incrementing durations.
CEC remote keyboard repeats with a sequence of key presses with zero durations.
When you provide non-zero durations xbmc hits the end of lists and stops (until another discrete press).

I did add this behaviour last night (after the Milhouse build) and it seemed to work okay with my debug build on a Sony,
but a release OE build at home on Panasonic wasn't repeating at all. Not sure if that an issue with building from wrong trees, or some difference in Sony/Panasonic behaviour.
Thanks for looking into this. Weird that the change you first mention wasn't included in the changelog, otherwise I wouldn't have raised the matter yet. I'll wait for the next build to take it for a spin again and see how things are working on my Panasonic.
(2014-11-04, 19:00)Forage Wrote: Thanks for looking into this. Weird that the change you first mention wasn't included in the changelog, otherwise I wouldn't have raised the matter yet. I'll wait for the next build to take it for a spin again and see how things are working on my Panasonic.

I didn't specifically mention it to Milhouse. The change was in:
https://github.com/popcornmix/libcec/com...bcec-2.2.0

a couple of hours before Milhouse's build appeared so I suspect it was in his build, but I'm not 100% sure.

Milhouse - I'm under the impression that my libcec changes will be picked up automatically in new builds - is that correct?
(2014-11-04, 15:46)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-11-04, 15:33)darzur Wrote: It looks like propblems with CEC wake up were not solved in this build.

Might be worth creating an issue here.
Explain it seems to be a regression from libcec 2.1.4 to 2.2.0, and include a debug log (make sure CEC component logging is enabled - I think it is by default currently).

I have trouble with cec. Can you say, where I find the log file?
(within kodi.log I dont find any clues)
  • 128(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)8