• 136(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)
(2014-11-14, 19:22)sdsnyr94 Wrote:
(2014-11-13, 15:44)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-11-13, 13:58)sdsnyr94 Wrote: I'll test tonight to see if this helps my issue... does this affect dvdplayer only (leave omxplayer off)?

This is common code, so will affect omxplayer and dvdplayer.

I was only able to do a quick test, but after about 10 minutes the Audio/Video were still in sync (normally it would be out of sync within a minute or 2). I'll have a chance to test more Saturday, when I have time to watch a full game.

Watched a full game tonight using the NHL Add-on, and audio/Video sync was flawless!
(2014-11-16, 05:21)allan87 Wrote: Chapter skip on MP4s, which was just fixed a few days ago, does not always work on these builds. Some movies skip correctly to the next chapter marker, but others timeskip instead (showing +3:00 in the top right corner). This issue does not affect openelec 5.0 beta 2 on a pi, or helix beta 2 on a mac.

Either a sample file that shows the problem, or identifying the exact build where the problem started will be needed to fix this.
@Milhouse: I'm not sure if it's going to be included in your builds at this stage, but PR5734 should fix the DVD scanning issues I am having.
Would it be possible to include it in your next build either way so I can take it for a spin?
(2014-11-16, 16:43)Forage Wrote: @Milhouse: I'm not sure if it's going to be included in your builds at this stage, but PR5734 should fix the DVD scanning issues I am having.
Would it be possible to include it in your next build either way so I can take it for a spin?

Yep, it will be in the next build - look forward to your results! Smile
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-11-16, 13:40)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-11-16, 05:21)allan87 Wrote: Chapter skip on MP4s, which was just fixed a few days ago, does not always work on these builds. Some movies skip correctly to the next chapter marker, but others timeskip instead (showing +3:00 in the top right corner). This issue does not affect openelec 5.0 beta 2 on a pi, or helix beta 2 on a mac.
Either a sample file that shows the problem, or identifying the exact build where the problem started will be needed to fix this.
Sorry I was not clear. Chapter skipping has been broken in XBMC since early gotham alphas and was fixed by this commit last week: 5661 (PR). It now appears to work correctly on everything other than the Milhouse builds.

Every milhouse build following the Chapter skipping fix exhibits the same issue, whereas openelec beta 2 works correctly on all videos I have tested.

Does that help?
New OpenELEC Helix build: #1116
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.17.3 #1 PREEMPT Sun Nov 16 21:03:27 GMT 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Nov 13 2014 17:21:14
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 4b43a6c1fb32bd23b26f999eef78312d71df9b7a (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20141116210213-r19653-g7beb180 [Build #1116]

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (7beb1804, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (88a9a442, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock4 patches
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches due to conflicts with newclock4
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-3.17.y
  • Excludes the OpenELEC xbmc-001-newclock4 patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from newclock4 branch
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled (new installs only) [patch details]
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • Adapted service.openelec.settings to take advantage of PR:5217 [patch details]
  • Includes latest libnfs master (4a58e614)
  • Includes latest libcec master (70e1b5de)
  • Includes latest xbmc-pvr-addons master (06842b90)
  • Includes latest xbmc-addon-xvdr master (328fa653)
  • Includes CONFIG_COREDUMP=y to allow creation of coredumps (see here)
  • Includes additional ffmpeg codecs/muxers enabled for testing/benchmarking purposes (see patch)
  • Includes commits from libcec-2.2.0 (popcornmix)
  • Includes PR:5573: webserver: improved caching control (see discussion)
  • Includes PR:5700: [WIP] Fix for libdvdcss partial read
  • Includes PR:5707: Even better emulate POSIX file functions (reduced)
  • Includes PR:5713: Fix "Current fanart" not being shown in DialogVideoInfo.
  • Includes PR:5734: [videoinfoscanner] fix video_ts folder not stacked on movie scan
  • Includes PR:5740: Samba fixes and cleanup for helix
Build Highlights:
  1. Kodi 14.0 beta 3
  2. PR:5734 (VOB scanning fix) and PR:5740 (more Samba fixes)
Build Details:
  1. OpenELEC:
    • Tweaks for setting make's -j option (PR:3623, 2 commits, 1 file changed)
    • xf86-video-nvidia*: add nvidia-xconfig (PR:3619, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • kodi-pvr-addons: update to kodi-pvr-addons-06842b9 (9da8adf4)
    • v4l-utils: add upstream patch to fix a regression introduced by v4l-utils-fe2aa5f (127bc230)
    • projects/imx6/linux: reenable CONFIG_ARM_IMX6_CPUFREQ and CONFIG_REGULATOR_ANATOP support again (22cdb0e1)
    • Revert "linux: add upstream patch" (ee6c9041)
    • samba: smbd/nmbd: always restart on crash (83a9ece1)
    • sundtek-mediatv: remove DOS line ending (e77c8b91)
  2. XBMC:
    • fix incorrect display of fps when dr kicks in (PR:5732, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • fix queuing of songs starting playback if something is already playing (PR:5729, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • show correct dialog header text for master lock code. fixes #15543 (PR:5720, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [release] bump to 14.0 beta3 (PR:5721, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [lang] update of internal addon language files (a3093ede)
    • [lang] update of core language files (a1f06545)
    • [lang] update of skin.confluence language files (0190245a)
  3. Additional commits/pull requests not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: PR:5734: [videoinfoscanner] fix video_ts folder not stacked on movie scan
    • Added: PR:5740: Samba fixes and cleanup for helix
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-11-16, 20:53)Milhouse Wrote:
(2014-11-16, 16:43)Forage Wrote: @Milhouse: I'm not sure if it's going to be included in your builds at this stage, but PR5734 should fix the DVD scanning issues I am having.

Yep, it will be in the next build - look forward to your results! Smile
Works like a charm! Thanks for including it already.
(2014-11-17, 00:16)Forage Wrote: Works like a charm! Thanks for including it already.

Thanks for identifying the breakage, that always helps enormously and will often result in much faster resolution.
Hello Millhouse,

Is there any chance to add polish (PL) VKB layout? For now I'm not able to enter polish characters in any way (or at least I don't know how to do it).
(2014-11-16, 22:37)allan87 Wrote: Every milhouse build following the Chapter skipping fix exhibits the same issue, whereas openelec beta 2 works correctly on all videos I have tested.

Does that help?

Not enough. I've tried a dozen m4v/mp4 films and all have either no chapters or chapters that seek correctly.
A sample file that is known to produce the issue is really required.
(2014-11-17, 15:24)darzur Wrote: Hello Millhouse,

Is there any chance to add polish (PL) VKB layout? For now I'm not able to enter polish characters in any way (or at least I don't know how to do it).

I won't be able to add that, I'm afraid. You'd be better off making a Feature Request in the Development > Feature Suggestions section if Polish isn't already supported (which I'd find rather surprising, actually).
Likely no one created the keyboard layout for it yet.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Yes, thats true. There is no VKB layout yet, but I'll make feature request in appropriate forum section.
(2014-11-17, 15:24)darzur Wrote: Hello Millhouse,

I'll create the keyboard layout and PR it.

Just confirm the layout please: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QWERTY#Polish

I might need your help but we can talk over PM.
Yes, thats it - Polish QWERTY (not QWERTZ!). Feel free to PM me. Smile
  • 136(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)8