• 148(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)
To enable the media playback buttons on my Panasonic TV remote I have to set hdmi_ignore_cec_init=1 in config.txt. I vaguely remember a post here explaining why this is but I can't find it. A side effect of setting this is the TV not automatically switching to the correct input until kodi actually starts, which means I always miss the nice new boot animation Sad

Is there another way to make the media playback buttons work besides setting hdmi_ignore_cec_init=1? Can something be done in the firmware?
Leopold's Repository: Home of LibreELEC Dev Updater ...
(2014-12-06, 00:45)Leopold Wrote: To enable the media playback buttons on my Panasonic TV remote I have to set hdmi_ignore_cec_init=1 in config.txt. I vaguely remember a post here explaining why this is but I can't find it. A side effect of setting this is the TV not automatically switching to the correct input until kodi actually starts, which means I always miss the nice new boot animation Sad

Is there another way to make the media playback buttons work besides setting hdmi_ignore_cec_init=1? Can something be done in the firmware?

I don't know if the issue you are referring to is the same as mine, but I can't use the playback buttons either. However, this issue only occurs in my case when the RPi is restarted with my TV powered on. Quickly switching the TV off and on again resolves the issue. So unless you restart your RPi on a regular basis you might as well switch your TV off and on again for the few times you do restart your RPi. Unless you consider this more annoying than missing the auto active source input switch of course.
New OpenELEC Helix build: #1205
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.17.4 #1 PREEMPT Fri Dec 5 22:48:01 GMT 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Dec  3 2014 17:26:22
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 23776f83288e23b6d1fc197390f79cf4cc05f558 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20141205224652-r19737-g707e6ae [Build #1205]

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (707e6ae5, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (ecd5425b, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock4 patches
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches due to conflicts with newclock4
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-3.17.y
  • Excludes the OpenELEC xbmc-001-newclock4 patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from newclock4 branch
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled (new installs only) [patch details]
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • Adapted service.openelec.settings to take advantage of PR:5217 [patch details]
  • Includes latest libnfs master (9c1d3848)
  • Includes latest libcec master (9f000e43)
  • Includes latest xbmc-pvr-addons master (5eea1476)
  • Includes latest xbmc-addon-xvdr master (328fa653)
  • Includes additional ffmpeg codecs/muxers enabled for testing/benchmarking purposes (see patch)
  • Includes animated splash support (patch)
  • Includes commits from libcec-2.2.0 (popcornmix)
  • Included pastebin: Add device tree kernel trailer
  • Included pastebin: Enable kernel device-tree support
  • Included pastebin: Add *.dtb files to firmware
  • Included PR:3657: [rfc] kodi crashlogs
  • Includes PR:5573: webserver: improved caching control (see discussion)
  • Includes PR:5747: [database] - add setting for hiding watched movies/episodes in recently added lists
  • Includes PR:5752: [jsonrpc] Allow retrieving empty TV shows via VideoLibrary.GetTVShows.
Build Highlights:
  1. Device Tree enabled kernel (discussion). This should avoid kernel module conflicts with addon hardware, particularly i2s cards. Should be working with HiFiBerry and iQaudIO cards. Shouldn't break anything. Anyone not using i2s hardware should find the unwanted modules are no longer loaded
  2. Updated kodi-splash service to include "Requires=graphical.target" - see if this avoids hanging
Build Details:
  1. XBMC:
    • [art] use correct art type when appending art to item lists (PR:5886, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  2. libnfs:
    • libnfs.c: fix typo, it is readahead not readahaed (5f6442d1)
    • DOCS: document the readahead url argument (9c1d3848)
  3. newclock4:
    • New commits in this build:
      • native resolution (b70241c2)
      • allow to disable native resolution switching through GUI (eaf445d7)
  4. kernel 3.17.y:
    • New commits in this build:
      • Remove "console=ttyAMA0" from the base device tree files (239c2b69)
      • fdt: Add support for the CONFIG_CMDLINE_EXTEND option (89e91801)
      • fdt: Take more care with the CMDLINE_EXTEND option (79804975)
  5. Additional commits/pull requests not yet merged upstream:
    • Included pastebin: Add device tree kernel trailer
    • Included pastebin: Enable kernel device-tree support
    • Included pastebin: Add *.dtb files to firmware
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-12-06, 01:54)Milhouse Wrote: [*]Device Tree enabled kernel (discussion). This should avoid kernel module conflicts with addon hardware, particularly i2s cards. Should be working with HiFiBerry and iQaudIO cards. Shouldn't break anything. Anyone not using i2s hardware should find the unwanted modules are no longer loaded
[*]Updated kodi-splash service to include "Requires=graphical.target" - see if this avoids hanging

Hi Milhouse

Thanks for the continous developer builds!

FWIW and to help others - to get my digi to work with this build the following line had to be added to my config.txt-file:

Code:
device_tree_overlay=overlays/hifiberry-digi-overlay.dtb

Best regards
(2014-12-05, 19:02)Milhouse Wrote: What is the advantage of moving kodi-splash to graphical.target when it's essentially a kodi service that is running as late as it possibly can, by which time all required dependencies should be satisfied.

Right now kodi-splash runs after kodi-autostart (autostart.sh) which itself runs after graphical.target, and running kodi-splash before kodi-autostart is likely to have other consequences (wait for network, etc.)

The advantage is that animated splash doesn't hang. I've tried more than 10 reboots without any hang or problem. Yes, otherwise my system hangs. Note: doesn't hang with new splash image - '4 second black splash animation'.

In my kodi-splash.service animated splash runs as soon as possible, before any other kodi*service (and fbset.service), and after connman.service. Do you think that might be a problem? I agree: it doesn't sound as the right way, but works.

(2014-12-05, 19:02)Milhouse Wrote: Does adding "Requires=graphical.target" (in [Unit]) to kodi-splash help at all?
No, doesn't help. Tested with new #1205 build.
Quote:2. Updated kodi-splash service to include "Requires=graphical.target" - see if this avoids hanging
it hangs still, when trying to exit Kodi from a script. I'm using #1126, it works. Dunno, if later versions work also, haven't tried

more info:
The script is called from AdvancedLauncher to stop Kodi and start RetroArch with a ROM. After exiting RetroArch, Kodi is started afterwards. It looks like this:
Code:
systemctl stop kodi
# load sound module
modprobe snd_bcm2835
retroarch commandline (shortened)
# unload sound module
rmmod snd_bcm2835
systemctl start kodi

---

dev-update Addon:
DL the zip from the link, installed and configured it.
This addon is crashing my RPi at every start. I have to reboot everytime Confused
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
(2014-12-06, 01:47)Forage Wrote:
(2014-12-06, 00:45)Leopold Wrote: To enable the media playback buttons on my Panasonic TV remote I have to set hdmi_ignore_cec_init=1 in config.txt. I vaguely remember a post here explaining why this is but I can't find it. A side effect of setting this is the TV not automatically switching to the correct input until kodi actually starts, which means I always miss the nice new boot animation Sad

I don't know if the issue you are referring to is the same as mine, but I can't use the playback buttons either. However, this issue only occurs in my case when the RPi is restarted with my TV powered on. Quickly switching the TV off and on again resolves the issue. So unless you restart your RPi on a regular basis you might as well switch your TV off and on again for the few times you do restart your RPi. Unless you consider this more annoying than missing the auto active source input switch of course.
Thanks, the post by popcornmix on that thread was probably what I was thinking of. When I turn off the TV it also sends a shutdown signal to the Pi so that's not going to work for me. I am unable to configure this behaviour as I have nothing showing in peripherals.
(2014-12-06, 13:13)Solo0815 Wrote: dev-update Addon:
DL the zip from the link, installed and configured it.
This addon is crashing my RPi at every start. I have to reboot everytime Confused
Post a link to a debug log over at http://openelec.tv/forum/110-update-open...dev-update and I'll have a look.
I have a problem with addon updates in the latest builds. When searching for updates Kodi blackscreens and restarts. This also happens when I try to update all addons at once. Updating one addon after the other works.
(2014-12-06, 14:16)gandharva Wrote: I have a problem with addon updates in the latest builds. When searching for updates Kodi blackscreens and restarts. This also happens when I try to update all addons at once. Updating one addon after the other works.

See if you have a kodi_crashlog.log in /storage/.kodi/temp and upload it to pastebin.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-12-06, 13:13)Solo0815 Wrote: #1205
Quote:2. Updated kodi-splash service to include "Requires=graphical.target" - see if this avoids hanging
it hangs still, when trying to exit Kodi from a script. I'm using #1126, it works. Dunno, if later versions work also, haven't tried

Does it hang while calling "systemctl stop kodi" when using a fresh .kodi folder without any addons etc.? I've never seen it hang and I run this command a *lot*. If it doesn't hang with a fresh .kodi, start adding back your add-ons one at a time until the hang reappears.

I've also never had the splash hang for that matter and trust me, I've played it to death. Not saying it doesn't hang for some but moving it earlier doesn't really feel like it should help.
(2014-12-06, 14:37)Milhouse Wrote:
(2014-12-06, 14:16)gandharva Wrote: I have a problem with addon updates in the latest builds. When searching for updates Kodi blackscreens and restarts. This also happens when I try to update all addons at once. Updating one addon after the other works.

See if you have a kodi_crashlog in /storage/.kodi/temp and upload it to pastebin.

http://pastebin.com/3XFk1TdX
(2014-12-06, 10:49)slomovizion Wrote: FWIW and to help others - to get my digi to work with this build the following line had to be added to my config.txt-file:

Code:
device_tree_overlay=overlays/hifiberry-digi-overlay.dtb

Best regards

Thank you! Adding this to config.txt and removing any *.conf for blocking/adding modules worked fine with my digi.
regards
(2014-12-06, 14:47)gandharva Wrote:
(2014-12-06, 14:37)Milhouse Wrote:

See if you have a kodi_crashlog in /storage/.kodi/temp and upload it to pastebin.

http://pastebin.com/3XFk1TdX

Thanks, but this isn't a new issue - see trac #15531. I just avoid checking for updates...
Thanks for the hint. Wasn't aware that this is already a known issue. Sadly this happens for me _every_ time I try to update addons.
  • 148(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)8