• 153(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)
(2014-12-12, 03:02)Milhouse Wrote:
  • Possible fix for Hyperion/Lightberry problems (enable SPIDEV config option)
Thanks for the quick fix. Hyperion/lightberry works with this build!
Upgrading the build server to Ubuntu 14.10 has turned out to be a very bad idea - no new build for tonight.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-12-04, 15:17)HiassofT Wrote: Here's a sample: http://www.horus.com/~hias/tmp/openelec/...141203.mp4

I went through the old builds and 0901 plays it fine, with 0902 the video freezes shortly before the end (later than with the current builds, so not clearly visible with the sample in my previous post). Not sure if this info is helpful, that was the switch from newclock3 to newclock4...

I have looked into this. The issue is the HW decoder can buffer a reasonable amount of data (a couple of MB).
For lowish bitrate streams this can equate to a few seconds of video.

The other issue is that dvdplayer doesn't deal very well with HW codecs (which typically decode asynchronously and may buffer data).
Once dvdplayer has submitted the last video frame of the file, it never checks with the codec for additional frames.

I believe all HW codecs lose the final frames because of this. It just turns out that due to the larger amount of buffering in MMAL decoder it loses more.

I'll see if something can be done.
We could limit the amount data pushed into the codec (but this may harm performance when the stream is difficult).
We could try to make dvdplayer continue prodding the codec after the final frame has been submitted (theoretically better, but a more intrusive change).
(2014-12-12, 23:26)Milhouse Wrote: Upgrading the build server to Ubuntu 14.10 has turned out to be a very bad idea - no new build for tonight.
Sorry to hear that Milhouse, I always found straight Debian or Mint to be a little less "messed with". Or gentoo if you're into deep configuration.
(2014-12-10, 22:51)Milhouse Wrote:
(2014-12-10, 20:36)givo Wrote: I've tested with Gotham stable - it's working fine. So, this thing of not being able to start watching Live TV stream that is already watched by another user on TVH server is related to every Kodi beta and RC Sad

Any idea if this affects x86 too?

I have installed XBMCbuntu and upgraded it to Kodi... No problem there. So, for now I can relate this to Kodi on ARM based system.
Hello,

I've got a raspi b+ and with one of the latest version I have a small problem with the startlogo "openelec".
It is disturbed, but the unix.text message ".... milhouse version...." it correct displayed.
And after that it displayed all correctly.
(2014-12-13, 16:00)Heiko123 Wrote: I've got a raspi b+ and with one of the latest version I have a small problem with the startlogo "openelec".
It is disturbed, but the unix.text message ".... milhouse version...." it correct displayed.

Hard to do anything with a description like "disturbed". A photo may be helpful.
(2014-12-13, 16:03)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-12-13, 16:00)Heiko123 Wrote: I've got a raspi b+ and with one of the latest version I have a small problem with the startlogo "openelec".

Hard to do anything with a description like "disturbed". A photo may be helpful.
Maybe it came down with the sickness ;-P
(2014-12-13, 16:03)popcornmix Wrote:

OK, here you see my "disturbed" screen. Tongue

and now the next screen. Laugh
New OpenELEC Helix build: #1213
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.18.0 #1 PREEMPT Sat Dec 13 21:40:59 GMT 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Dec 13 2014 15:32:57
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version ba46211b55252156d2f1e507a7aa71bd18ec0482 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20141213213941-r19802-g1fe5994 [Build #1213]

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (1fe59944, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (88f9fb0e, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock4 patches
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches due to conflicts with newclock4
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-3.18.y
  • Excludes the OpenELEC xbmc-001-newclock4 patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from newclock4 branch
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled (new installs only) [patch details]
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • Adapted service.openelec.settings to take advantage of PR:5217 [patch details]
  • Includes latest libnfs master (9c1d3848)
  • Includes latest libcec master (9f000e43)
  • Includes latest xbmc-pvr-addons master (9f63d1bc)
  • Includes latest xbmc-addon-xvdr master (328fa653)
  • Includes additional ffmpeg codecs/muxers enabled for testing/benchmarking purposes (see patch)
  • Includes animated splash support (patch)
  • Includes commits from libcec-2.2.0 (popcornmix)
  • Disabled package RTL8812AU: Realtek 802.11ac driver doesn't currently build against kernel 3.18
  • Included pastebin: Enable kernel device-tree support
  • Included pastebin: Add device tree kernel trailer
  • Included pastebin: Add *.dtb files to firmware
  • Included PR:3657: [rfc] kodi crashlogs
  • Includes PR:393: [pvr.mythtv] Release v1.9.29: Critical fixes (kodi-pvr-addons)
  • Includes PR:5573: webserver: improved caching control (see discussion)
  • Includes PR:5747: [database] - add setting for hiding watched movies/episodes in recently added lists
  • Includes PR:5752: [jsonrpc] Allow retrieving empty TV shows via VideoLibrary.GetTVShows.
  • Includes PR:5894: [addons] display a more helpful message on python script error
  • Includes PR:5941: media library: fix path history for items with a real path differing from the requested path
Build Highlights:
  1. New firmware
  2. RPi kernel now includes BCM2708 watchdog modules
  3. Update to connman-1.27
  4. Updated pvr-addons (pvr.dvblink and pvr.mythtv)
  5. Added PR:5941, needs testing in case it causes any regressions
Build Details:
  1. Firmware (Dec 13):
    • firmware: Improvements to logging with device tree manipulation
  2. OpenELEC:
    • linux: Add support for Amlogic kernel (PR:3683, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • Build BCM2708 watchdog driver as module for RPi (PR:3666, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [rfc] init: warn on obvious KERNEL/SYSTEM mismatch (PR:3643, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • Add support for libamcodec - interface library for Amlogic hardware media codecs (PR:3688, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
    • imon-mce: fix path to keymaps, bump addon version (90052a76)
    • util-linux: add upstream patch (25e2330b)
    • jasper: add upstream patch (743bc9d7)
    • xorg-server: update to xorg-server-1.16.2.901 (f450618b)
    • scripts/createlog: cosmetics. also include kodi.old.log (b741ed9f)
    • scripts/createlog: more logs (4801044f)
    • libtool: re-add patches (aa9dac15)
    • connman: update to connman-1.27 (21fb5ceb)
    • libtool: dont break if help2man is missing with disabling help2man support (9e647b24)
    • tvheadend: never load userspace hdhr driver (1fe59944)
  3. XBMC:
    • [pvr] bump addons (fixes #15598) (PR:5938, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [rebrand] Cosmetic #2 - apply Kodi label to CPU stat (PR:5931, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [osx] - fix broken audio devices with more then 8 unknown channels in one stream (PR:5935, 3 commits, 3 files changed)
    • [keymap] Make XB360 DPads consistent (PR:5933, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  4. kodi-pvr-addons:
    • [pvr.dvblink] Version 1.9.11 (PR:392, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
  5. newclock4:
    • New commits in this build:
      • [mmalcodec] Restrict number of frames pushed to GPU to 16 (2a2513f2)
      • [Demuxer] Avoid memcpy on every demuxer packet (614589fb)
      • Revert "[mmalcodec] Restrict number of frames pushed to GPU to 16" (ef4bcef7)
  6. kernel 3.18.y:
    • New commits in this build:
      • config: Add CONFIG_R8188EU and CONFIG_R8723AU (e10f009d) [Not applicable to OpenELEC]
  7. Additional commits/pull requests not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: PR:393: [pvr.mythtv] Release v1.9.29: Critical fixes (kodi-pvr-addons)
    • Added: PR:5941: media library: fix path history for items with a real path differing from the requested path
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-12-13, 21:04)Heiko123 Wrote: OK, here you see my "disturbed" screen. Tongue

What's the make/model/specs of the tv?

In OpenELEC, can you run the following two commands and paste the link:
Code:
tvservice -d /tmp/edid.dat
edidparser /tmp/edid.dat | pastebinit
(2014-12-13, 13:04)givo Wrote:
(2014-12-10, 22:51)Milhouse Wrote:
(2014-12-10, 20:36)givo Wrote: I've tested with Gotham stable - it's working fine. So, this thing of not being able to start watching Live TV stream that is already watched by another user on TVH server is related to every Kodi beta and RC Sad

Any idea if this affects x86 too?

I have installed XBMCbuntu and upgraded it to Kodi... No problem there. So, for now I can relate this to Kodi on ARM based system.

And today I tried using pvr.tvh addon from <https://github.com/adamsutton/xbmc-pvr-addons> - and problem is gone. So, this is problem with default pvr.hts addon in Kodi.
You probably want to work with opdenkamp/adamsutton to identify the fix and ensure it goes upstream (or if the issue only exists upstream, the issue removed and/or fixed).
Is "libmad" in OE?
Code:
find / -name "*libmad*"
returns nothing. Shouldn't it be there? In this post it is mentioned: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1856007
Quote:Build Details:

OpenELEC:
libmad: build static (168238a2)
BTW: I'm trying to get squeeze and scummvm for retroarch working Wink
Thx in advance
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
(2014-12-14, 00:40)Milhouse Wrote: What's the make/model/specs of the tv?

In OpenELEC, can you run the following two commands and paste the link:
Code:
tvservice -d /tmp/edid.dat
edidparser /tmp/edid.dat | pastebinit

Hello,

it's a very cheaper TV, a "SEG"
Here the log: http://sprunge.us/geTi
  • 153(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)8