50 euro for simple XBMC plugin
(2014-04-18, 07:19)nickr Wrote: Also no mention of proposed licence.

Does this guy have more than one account? http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?pid...pid1681324

Haha, I was thinking the exact same thing!

Edit: Doubt it though, judging by his join date; Canucker joined the forums in 2012
Friends i can write my opinion i know for alot from you 50euro is very samll price becouse whn toy live in country like US or Enagland you have thsi money in very short time maybe in 1 hour .
But i country like Poland people have in work in one months 700 euro in good job when work in normal job i think have only 450-500 euro. But in country like Ukrain or Serbia MolDova or others have ib one month maybe only 300-400 euro.

I know people in US when go to party he buy coca-cola by this 50 euro but in other place earth this 50 eruo is very very very more money .........
Hi

@nickr, no it is my only account here.
@enen92, no, it's legal, it's my own page. So I know that it will work after a week.

I understand that for you, living in big and modern cities 50 euros is not so much, but in other parts of world it's still a lot of money so please don't judge me.

All I wanted was to offer little money for one evening to somebody who will customize basic plugin.

Anyway, after 0,5h of googling I have almost all needed information.
Now it must be just put in all.
So it looks like I have to learn basic of Python

1) Getting version
response = urllib2.urlopen('http://server.com/xbmcversion.html')
if response> currentversion xbmcgui.Dialog()

2) playing
link='rtmp://server.com/video1'
xbmc.Player().play(item=link)

3) fetching list of channels using json
data = urllib.urlencode(post)
reqUrl = urllib2.Request(url, data, headers)
red_json = urllib2.urlopen(reqUrl)
obj_data = json.load(red_json)
then get list using for in

4) listing channels using xbmcplugin.addDirectoryItem() and xbmcplugin.endOfDirectory()

5) checking login password using POST as above

6) languages are pretty easy

7) getting username and password using input

Regards and have a nice day
Maybe someone in Poland or Ukraine will take him up on the offer then.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Marcins,

My personal view is that you should have a go at coding this yourself and ask questions when you get stuck (my experiences of this forum is that, if you're polite and appreciative, people are very helpful).

Then, once you know how to code add-ons, you might be able to help someone out when they offer €50 for someone to write an addon. If you think €50 is
a lot of money then this sounds like a good investment of your time.

Good luck, and have fun.
BBC Live Football Scores: Football scores notifications service.
script.squeezeinfo: shows what's playing on your Logitech Media Server
(2014-04-18, 08:41)nickr Wrote: Maybe someone in Poland or Ukraine will take him up on the offer then.

Personally, I find your comment insulting.
My apologies for judging without knowing but again...sharing the website url is the best way to get interest around building a given plugin.
Also there are frameworks here in the forum to easy up the process and there are also templates and tutorials available. Its not difficult at all.

Cheers
(2014-04-18, 14:16)Roman_V_M Wrote:
(2014-04-18, 08:41)nickr Wrote: Maybe someone in Poland or Ukraine will take him up on the offer then.

Personally, I find your comment insulting.

It wasn't meant to be, it was simply meant to reflect the economics of the situation. Apologies if you were offended.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
50 euro for simple XBMC plugin0