• 41(current)
[Project] Dual Audio Output support (Nexus/Matrix/Krypton/Jarvis/Isengard/Helix/...)
(2017-03-13, 18:46)xhbl Wrote: Well, Krypton supported now, enjoy!
Thanks!
(2017-02-28, 11:53)FernetMenta Wrote:
(2017-02-27, 21:09)xhbl Wrote:
(2017-02-27, 11:57)Mettbrot Wrote: The reasons lie in the current architecture of this patch (duplicating AE), not in the feature itsself: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2074153 and the following 10 posts is a good start.
I bet the offer to help find a better solution still stands...

Technically AE is NOT duplicated in this project. In terms of Object-Oriented paradigm, just two AE instances are created in the factory. AE itself as an object is kept intact, only some global audio settings and player interface code are duplicated. Also, if it is named as an engine, I bet we've heard of a twin-engine airplane.

The reason is that it will be a significant impact to the architecture if taking dual (or multiple) audio into consideration of current AE. AE handles a lot of things like audio codec processing, decoding, pass-through, recording, DSP etc., as well as device (sink) handling. it will be very hard to process additional audio within one AE, not to mention another big issue - synchronization between these audios plus video. In a word, complexity.

you are very wrong with that

I'm a long time fan, still a noob

what is wrong with that?

P.S. thanks so much xhbl, I have a two zones amp and dual-audio is a game changer feature
Thank you so much xbhl!!!!

Can we expect future updates with new Kodi Versions?
Getting a patch error here with LibreELEC 8.0.0:

patching file system/settings/rbp2.xml
Hunk #1 succeeded at 38 with fuzz 1 (offset 11 lines).
patching file xbmc/cores/VideoPlayer/VideoRenderers/HwDecRender/MMALRenderer.cpp
make: *** [Makefile:12: image] Error 1

Great xhbl!!!!
Windows version works great!

Thanks
For Libreelec 8.0 I cant find the link for a zip file so that I can use the manual update. I don't want the disk image since I am not doing a fresh install. Can anyone point to the link please?
(2017-03-20, 13:02)extremeaudio Wrote: For Libreelec 8.0 I cant find the link for a zip file so that I can use the manual update. I don't want the disk image since I am not doing a fresh install. Can anyone point to the link please?

https://github.com/xhbl/LibreELEC_dualau...8.0-DA.zip

Fantastic news, thanks xhbl!
If anyone else is interested I'll be building a native ubuntu version of Krypton DA and can post a link to it here if you wish.
This is awesome - thank you so much for the work that you do!
Has anyone compiled 8.0.0 LibreELEC for RPi2, by chance? (I know that DarkAngel2401 kindly did this for previous versions, but understand that he hasn't had much time recently to build more)
I've learned enough to realize that I haven't learned enough to do it on my own yet. Smile

That being said, anyone know of good resources to learn more about this? I seem to keep running around in circles.
(2017-03-20, 20:29)blu5 Wrote:
(2017-03-20, 13:02)extremeaudio Wrote: For Libreelec 8.0 I cant find the link for a zip file so that I can use the manual update. I don't want the disk image since I am not doing a fresh install. Can anyone point to the link please?

The contents of the zip are as seen in the pic below. There is no 'target' folder. How do I update my installation?

images of up
(2017-04-03, 16:53)extremeaudio Wrote:
(2017-03-20, 20:29)blu5 Wrote:

The contents of the zip are as seen in the pic below. There is no 'target' folder. How do I update my installation?

images of up

download https://www.dropbox.com/s/r2abyk0rm96ldy...015.img.gz and paste to UPDATE folder in libreelec
I have a question.

I just installed the LibreElec dual audio 8.0 zip listed above but don't see the option for dual audio in the menu. I came from OpenElec which had it under the audio tab. Is it located somewhere else in LibreElec or is this not really a dual audio file?

Thanks,

J
Check in SYSTEM settings , there are two audio settings
Thanks, I checked my system settings and there is only one audio setting. I used the above zip in the update folder and it looks like is processed it. The listed version is LibreElec (official), 8.0.0, generic.x86_64. Is this correct or is not updating correctly?

Thanks again,

J
  • 41(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Project] Dual Audio Output support (Nexus/Matrix/Krypton/Jarvis/Isengard/Helix/...)9