• 4(current)
[Project] Dual Audio Output support (Nexus/Matrix/Krypton/Jarvis/Isengard/Helix/...)
(2014-06-09, 13:23)mrdally204 Wrote: It may need just a little bit more work before it is user friendly enough for mass consumption Wink

I spent a good hour trying to get the settings correct and had no success. How do I go about doing this? I remember the old patch to be dead simple to set up.

I want Audio out my HDMI > directly to tv, 2.0 not DD or DTS

Audio 2 to output to SPDIF, AC3 and DTS compatible.

I see "Directsound HDMI", "Directsound SPDIF", "Directsound Default", "WASABI HDMI", "WASABI SPDIF", "WASABI Default" for my options.

I could not figure out a config to save my life. Sometimes I would get audio to the tv, other times it would put the whole movie into slow motion.

try your Audio 1 (TV) as:

Audio 2 (SPDIF) as:

If does not work, try to swap setting of Audio1 and Audio2
Greetings,
I just tried the Openelec 4.0.4 binary in my setup and it's working perfectly. Audio 1 is via HDMI to a Pioneer Elite 5.1 setup. Audio 2 is via SPDIF to another receiver that powers in-ceiling and outdoor speakers. Thanks so much for creating this patch for Gotham.
Im a bit embarrassed to admit that my SPDIF output was on mute. The settings worked the first time with the above settings.

Xhbl
It might be helpful to include that screen shot in the opening post. Thank you so much for the patch, I don't know how I live d without it
(2014-06-09, 22:22)Chessie Wrote: Greetings,
I just tried the Openelec 4.0.4 binary in my setup and it's working perfectly. Audio 1 is via HDMI to a Pioneer Elite 5.1 setup. Audio 2 is via SPDIF to another receiver that powers in-ceiling and outdoor speakers. Thanks so much for creating this patch for Gotham.

Hi

How do you actually install the dual audio patch on OpenElec?

I have OpenElec 4.0.4 Gotham running on a HTPC currently and I'd like to be able to do dual audio, HDMI -> TV set and 3.5mm Analogue -> Stereo amp.

Just tried downloading the OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-4.0.4-DualAudio-r017.tar file twice, not sure its working its only 25k and Winrar can't open it,says its damaged.

Thanks
Hmmm...Are you getting to this page?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/69oc1ck3uwc9op...o-r017.tar

It shows 145.08MB. I just tried downloading it again and the file appears fine. I'm an old UNIX guy don't use Windows much, but I tested opening it on Windows with 7-ZIP and extracting the KERNEL and SYSTEM files from the target directory and they are the correct size. You just need to copy those 4 files to /storage/.update and reboot and you should be good to go.
great addon
on XBMC 13.1, windows 7 64, can't activate (even don't show up) passthrough settings for the second audio output... is it normal ? Only have the "aduio output device" for the second audio output...
(2014-06-12, 23:33)Chessie Wrote: Hmmm...Are you getting to this page?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/69oc1ck3uwc9op...o-r017.tar

It shows 145.08MB. I just tried downloading it again and the file appears fine. I'm an old UNIX guy don't use Windows much, but I tested opening it on Windows with 7-ZIP and extracting the KERNEL and SYSTEM files from the target directory and they are the correct size. You just need to copy those 4 files to /storage/.update and reboot and you should be good to go.

Ok great ill try again and update as you recommended. Maybe my Internet connection was playing up.

Regards

Cw..
Should the Binaries also work on Windows 8? Because in my case, they don't.

If they only work under windows 7, I think I should go and figure out how to build from github for Windows 8. Am I correct?
Many many thanks for developing this patch. I've built it and got it running under Ubuntu 12.04 and confirmed it works with both PulseAudio and (with AE_SINK=alsa) Alsa sound servers
I'm happy to upload my xbmc.bin for Ubuntu if it would be useful to have that as a pre-built binary too.
One suggestion though, it would be useful to add to the first post more details (or a link to them) on the need to update settings.xml if just copying a new xbmc.bin across - this stumped me for a while as xbmc won't start without the new audioouput section present.
@xhbl, thanks a lot for your work on this! Do you think that your code will make it into official XBMC 14 (Helix)?
I'm glad I've find this post, this patch solved my problem and its working flawlessly, I wonder why this isn't in the official repo?
(2014-06-16, 17:08)Hedda Wrote: @xhbl, thanks a lot for your work on this! Do you think that your code will make it into official XBMC 14 (Helix)?

It was said some times before that dual audio is not on the priority list for team XBMC since it is too "hacky".

IMO to get this into mainline it should work without configuration like on most set top boxes/ SAT or cable boxes: Select the Output with the most channels/formats in audio settings and every detected output on the system with less channels automatically gets a downmixed signal. I don't know if this is possible though...
(2014-06-17, 13:45)Hasu0bs Wrote:
(2014-06-16, 17:08)Hedda Wrote: @xhbl, thanks a lot for your work on this! Do you think that your code will make it into official XBMC 14 (Helix)?
It was said some times before that dual audio is not on the priority list for team XBMC since it is too "hacky".
I know that was the case before when the first dual audio was made for XBMC 12 (Eden), but is that now still the case for the current code?

But do you really think that the current code will just be rejected right away if submitted as a patch because it is still way too hacky?

Or do you think that maybe XBMC team developers will now only ask for a cleanup and some smaller rewrites for parts of it first?

Perhaps all that is needed is a few small cleanups and an partial rewrite today before it will be accepted into official XBMC 14 (Helix)?

(2014-06-17, 13:45)Hasu0bs Wrote: IMO to get this into mainline it should work without configuration like on most set top boxes/ SAT or cable boxes: Select the Output with the most channels/formats in audio settings and every detected output on the system with less channels automatically gets a downmixed signal. I don't know if this is possible though...
I'm sure that could be added latter if it was only added to mainline first. Just look how the PVR/EPG GUI have evolved since it was mainlined.
Couple of questions:
1) OpenElec just updated to 4.0.5 does that negate the binary in this post,
2) how do you use the binary? do you copy the TAR to the update folder of OE and reboot or do you have to uncompress the TAR and copy the contents to the update folder or something else?

Thanks.
I'm running Xubuntu 14.10 and i have cloned the git for Gotham 12.1 applied the patch and compiled from the source, here are the steps i took:

$ git clone https://github.com/xhbl/xbmc_dualaudio.git

$ sudo apt-get build-dep xbmc

$ git apply xbmc-131-gotham-DualAudio-r017.patch

$ ./bootstrap

$ ./configure

$ make -j4

$ sudo make install

After applying the patch i received these errors:

$ git apply xbmc-131-gotham-DualAudio-r017.patch
xbmc-131-gotham-DualAudio-r017.patch:281: space before tab in indent.
<and>
xbmc-131-gotham-DualAudio-r017.patch:282: space before tab in indent.
<condition setting="audiooutput2.enabled" operator="is">true</condition>
xbmc-131-gotham-DualAudio-r017.patch:283: space before tab in indent.
<condition setting="audiooutput2.passthrough" operator="is">true</condition>
xbmc-131-gotham-DualAudio-r017.patch:284: space before tab in indent.
</and>
xbmc-131-gotham-DualAudio-r017.patch:298: space before tab in indent.
<and>
error: patch failed: xbmc/GUIInfoManager.h:498
error: xbmc/GUIInfoManager.h: patch does not apply
error: patch failed: xbmc/cores/AudioEngine/AEFactory.cpp:289
error: xbmc/cores/AudioEngine/AEFactory.cpp: patch does not apply
error: patch failed: xbmc/cores/AudioEngine/Encoders/AEEncoderFFmpeg.cpp:107
error: xbmc/cores/AudioEngine/Encoders/AEEncoderFFmpeg.cpp: patch does not apply
error: patch failed: xbmc/cores/AudioEngine/Engines/ActiveAE/ActiveAE.cpp:2123
error: xbmc/cores/AudioEngine/Engines/ActiveAE/ActiveAE.cpp: patch does not apply
error: patch failed: xbmc/cores/AudioEngine/Engines/ActiveAE/ActiveAESink.cpp:39
error: xbmc/cores/AudioEngine/Engines/ActiveAE/ActiveAESink.cpp: patch does not apply
error: patch failed: xbmc/cores/AudioEngine/Engines/ActiveAE/ActiveAESink.h:148
error: xbmc/cores/AudioEngine/Engines/ActiveAE/ActiveAESink.h: patch does not apply
error: patch failed: xbmc/cores/AudioEngine/Interfaces/AEStream.h:225
error: xbmc/cores/AudioEngine/Interfaces/AEStream.h: patch does not apply
error: xbmc/cores/AudioEngine/Utils/AERemap.cpp: No such file or directory
error: xbmc/cores/AudioEngine/Utils/AERemap.h: No such file or directory
error: xbmc/cores/AudioEngine/Utils/AEWAVLoader.cpp: No such file or directory
error: xbmc/cores/AudioEngine/Utils/AEWAVLoader.h: No such file or directory
error: patch failed: xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDAudio.cpp:134
error: xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDAudio.cpp: patch does not apply
error: patch failed: xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/DVDFactoryCodec.cpp:318
error: xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/DVDFactoryCodec.cpp: patch does not apply
error: patch failed: xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDPlayerAudio.cpp:238
error: xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDPlayerAudio.cpp: patch does not apply
error: patch failed: xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDPlayerAudio.h:101
error: xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDPlayerAudio.h: patch does not apply
error: xbmc/cores/omxplayer/PCMRemap.cpp: No such file or directory
error: xbmc/cores/omxplayer/PCMRemap.h: No such file or directory
error: patch failed: xbmc/cores/paplayer/PAPlayer.cpp:384
error: xbmc/cores/paplayer/PAPlayer.cpp: patch does not apply
error: patch failed: xbmc/settings/Settings.cpp:959
error: xbmc/settings/Settings.cpp: patch does not apply

Am i doing something wrong?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

D
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Project] Dual Audio Output support (Nexus/Matrix/Krypton/Jarvis/Isengard/Helix/...)9