• 8(current)
[Project] Dual Audio Output support (Nexus/Matrix/Krypton/Jarvis/Isengard/Helix/...)
(2014-07-01, 18:20)DarkAngel2401 Wrote: I built OpenELEC 4.0.6 (in fact it's devel / between 4.0.6 and 7) Dual Audio for ATV/i386 ...
I used the same branch as Generic/x86_64 (all commits until 06/28 included) and the same patch - except lzo version 2.07.
Here I had to use version 2.06 as version 2.07 (which will be used within OE 4.0.7) claimed about some pre-build-failure when compiling with ATV/i386 toolchain.

OpenELEC 4.0.6 ATV.i386 Dual Audio (including commits 'til 06/28 w/o lzo-2.07)

I do not own an AppleTV - so no chance to check if it works. Feedback is welcome Smile
(2014-07-02, 02:54)nunz56 Wrote:
(2014-07-02, 02:30)Chessie Wrote: My ATV (silver) is a hard drive install. Maybe before doing that you may want to create an empty file named:

/storage/.update/.nocheck

That will skip the MD5 checks during update. Worth a try....

This time I untar'd the file (tar -xvf OpenELEC-ATV.i386-4.0.6.tar) in a terminal window instead of it unzipping and mounting on my MAC. I copied over to the ATV and both checksums passed and went to updating kernel. Then after about 10 minutes at updating kernel the screen goes blank and ATV light continues to blink amber. I will try a hard drive install tomorrow and report back.

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!

Just did a hard drive install of OpenElec 4.0.6 and applied the patch:
untar'd and copied the 4 KERNEL and SYSTEM files from the directory named "target" to the /storage/.update directory on OpenElec system and rebooted
All worked perfectly! Smile

@DarkAngel-Thanks SO MUCH for the ATV build.
@Chessie-Thanks for all the help and testing.

This is just how forums are supposed to work, Helping each other. Thanks again, very happy! Smile
Just thought I meantion that I compiled a version for raspbmc. If you want to use an external soundcard and the built in hdmi.
It's realtively untested but you can find more info here:
http://forum.stmlabs.com/showthread.php?tid=14820
we're there any other workarounds with gotham prior to this? my zone 2 was working fine (analog) and my main good on hdmi until this morning when i went from 404 to 406 via a pair of reboots. i don't mind going back and using the patch, but it seemed like it had been working otherwise (on revo and openelec)...

thanks

btw, i used your 10.1 patch before and it was awesome before i went to OE.

thanks!
None that I heard of. I had the asound.conf stuff working up until around 3.2.4 and then that broke. At 4.0+ I used and old HDFurry and a HDMI hub with so-so results. I can build you an I386 Generic at 4.0.6+ with Dual Audio if you want?
i've been running the 64 generic for OE,did i see someone already post that? if not, yes, i would greatly appreciate it.

thanks

cory
(2014-06-25, 15:54)rcrh Wrote: Is there anything compelling in 4.0.5 that you need? If not, stay on 4.0.4 and turn off your auto update. It's working great for me.

this may be a dumb question, but can i "update" from 406 to 404? i don't mind 404, but have already gone up. or do i need to fresh install 404?
Check post #92 from DarkAngel. It's a link to 4.0.6 64 Generic. It works perfectly on my system.
awesome, thanks chessie, darkangel and xhbl for keeping my pool parties rocking.
First of all I'd like to thank those mentioned above for their work on this project!

Since I'm a total newbie in regard to these topics I was wondering if someone could point me in the right directions to get this running on my RPi.
Is there a way I can apply the dual audio patch to the builds provided by openelec.tv?

Sorry if these question can easily be answered but I tried to help myself by reading through this thread... so far and I'm not that successful :-(

Thank you!
I just built OpenELEC 4.0.7 Dual Audio Generic.x86_64 and ATV.i386
Due to dropbox size limits I deleted all old 4.0.6 files.

Here is the link to the dropbox folder, which will be filled later with other builds (eventually RPi) and builds from upcoming OpenELEC Dual Audio versions.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vt3zfnb1i9lja...WU8jouvsma
LibreELEC DualAudio builds - 7.0.2: Generic.x86_64, RPi.arm, RPi2.arm, imx6.arm, WeTek_Core.arm, WeTek_Play.arm
I would like to build my own OpenElec DA version

I have compiled my own OpenElec GIT version in Ubuntu without problems,but I do not know how to include the patches and restart compiling.
(2014-07-14, 21:37)marco.weinkauf Wrote: ... I do not know how to include the patches ...
Easy as a walk in the park ...

1) Make sure you use branch 'openelec-4.0' (maybe patch will work with master or openelec-4.2, but that's not tested yet).
2) Patch file has to be copied / symlinked within folder '[GIT-BRANCH]/packages/mediacenter/xbmc/patches'.
3) Start build or release build - build scripts will automatically apply all patches.

DA builds (for ATV and Generic/64bit) based on official OpenELEC 4.0.7 are already available in post #115.
LibreELEC DualAudio builds - 7.0.2: Generic.x86_64, RPi.arm, RPi2.arm, imx6.arm, WeTek_Core.arm, WeTek_Play.arm
Hi, first congratulations for the patch.

I updated from an Generic x64 Openelec 4.0.6(non Dual Audio), to the 4.0.7 Generic x64 Dual Audio, posted on post #115, bit I can't see the second "audio output" option on system settings.

Anyone can help me?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit.: Nevermind. Redownloaded and re-updated everything seems fine Big Grin.

I think my official version downloaded the oficial update for 4.0.7 and put the files on update folder even I deleted the files and put the patched ones, Maybe samba didn't deleted the files form linux folder and it updated for the oficial version
Thumbs Up 
Thank you for the very helpful patch as the asound.conf method seems not work any longer for Gotham.
If have updated from standard 4.05 GenericX64 to your 4.07 GenericX64 Dual Audio Version and everything work perfect!
I'm running Openelec on an Arctic MC001.

It's still a shame that the XMBC developers refuse to integrate this function to the standard version.Confused

Keep on patching...
If/When the patch becomes a clean piece of code that integrates nicely within the mainline XBMC I can not see how it would not be implemented. Just like every other feature in this open source application, it never existed until someone wrote it. The Devs never said they wouldn't include dual audio into mainline, they just had no interest in developing the feature. This patch is a strong step in that direction.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Project] Dual Audio Output support (Nexus/Matrix/Krypton/Jarvis/Isengard/Helix/...)9