[Project] Dual Audio Output support (Nexus/Matrix/Krypton/Jarvis/Isengard/Helix/...)
@DaveBlake - i think the time problem also holds true for the most of our team developers - this includes the time for explaining the design to other developers Wink. Also that whole AE code is written in a very readable manner imo. Even i was able to dig through it.

In a short:

2 Threads:
1. the AudioEngine Thread implemented in the AudioEngine subdir (its a state mashine pattern)
2. the AudioSink Thread implemented in the sinks subdir
3. Communication between Engine and Sink via Ports and Signals ( combined into a Protocol class - i think this all is based on an actor pattern)

At any time you have 1 Engine + 1 Sink - Engine can have converters in between before feeding data to the sink. Sink is the abstraction of the audio output interface and needs to ensure to 0. Provide available audio devices, 1. Provide available formats to the engine, 2. configure the output device to accept audio data in a specified format, 3. feeding the engine data to the output device.

Everything else is in the code really (i know there are developers around which are not used to dig into others code, not sure which sort of development you face normally - i don't do anything else for my day work tbh ...)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Messages In This Thread
Thank you! - by OCDHD - 2014-06-26, 03:56
Works great! Thank you! - by britishopen93 - 2014-07-18, 12:43
RPi Openelec.. how to.. - by kramegna - 2014-12-03, 17:27
RE: [Project] Return of the Dual Audio Output support (Helix/Gotham/Frodo) - by Memphiz - 2015-08-10, 13:47
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Project] Dual Audio Output support (Nexus/Matrix/Krypton/Jarvis/Isengard/Helix/...)9