Linux Play Disc - XBMC - Buffering - Wait Please (Attendere Prego)
Hi everyone,
I didn't find other posts with same problem so I hope I'm not repeating the question.

I installed Ubuntu 14.04 and then XBMC, now I have set everything up to play DVD and other files (libdvdcss2 matter and etc...).

When I insert a dvd using Ubuntu I can watch it without problems using VLC or any other movie player.

When I log in into XBMC session, instead, and I insert a DVD it shows the window of the dvd player but I get a message on the top of screen:

Buffering - Wait Please ("Attendere Prego" in italian)

and everything freezes, I need to restart lightdm since I can't select any other option or close the DVD window in XBMC.

It happens the same when I open XBMC while I'm in Ubuntu session. As I said I have no problem watching DVDs in Ubuntu session using VLC.

Thanks for all your Help,

David

P.S.: DVDs are all original

Update:

- Installed the version from the Team XBMC PPAs
- Here Log Error the log file for the crash (since I have to force XBMC to close using ctrl-alt-f1 to restart lightdm)
Are you using XBMC from the Team XBMC PPAs (wiki)?
Here begins my ignorance... I have simply installed the version I found inside the synaptic manager.
Ok,
I tried to install the Gotham version instead of the Frodo one: everything works great, it recognizes dvd when I insert them and hard disks too.

I didn't install anything else except XBMC Gotham, so I think it could be a problem of settings.

This doesn't solve the matter, I'd like to use a stable version or at least help to understand what's the problem with Frodo.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Play Disc - XBMC - Buffering - Wait Please (Attendere Prego)0