[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
bigpoppapaul Offline
A couple quick questions. I've been using this for years and love it so thank you for your hard work, it's much appreciated.

Question 1: Before, when I would add an addon into a super folder, it would always carry over the addon description. However, now when I do it, in 'Description' it seems to always puts the description as "ListItem.AddonDescription," is there a setting I'm missing somewhere? I'm on the latest version on Xonfluence skin.

Question 2: I recall being able to copy and past metadata for an addon. I've completely forgotten how to do this. I see the copy option, but don't remember how to paste it as it's not coming up in context menu.

Any help would be appreciated.
find quote
spoyser Offline
Donor
(2017-08-06 02:50)bigpoppapaul Wrote:  A couple quick questions. I've been using this for years and love it so thank you for your hard work, it's much appreciated.

Question 1: Before, when I would add an addon into a super folder, it would always carry over the addon description. However, now when I do it, in 'Description' it seems to always puts the description as "ListItem.AddonDescription," is there a setting I'm missing somewhere? I'm on the latest version on Xonfluence skin.

Question 2: I recall being able to copy and past metadata for an addon. I've completely forgotten how to do this. I see the copy option, but don't remember how to paste it as it's not coming up in context menu.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 - sounds like a bug, I'll take a look

2 - once you have copied (via the SF global context menu), go to the item you want to paste it to, then open the context menu and select Edit Super Favourite, from the next menu select the item you want to paste (e.g. Metadata, Thumbnail or Fanart) and then select Paste. Hope that helps.
find quote
jdig4240 Offline
Fan
Question, how would I make a superfavorite shortcut to an Addons settings?
find quote
spoyser Offline
Donor
(2017-08-11 18:23)jdig4240 Wrote:  Question, how would I make a superfavorite shortcut to an Addons settings?

Does the addon have the option to open its settings via a list item? If so you can add that to SF.

Failing that you could write a small Python script:

And create a RunScript Favourite in SF to run that script:

import xbmcaddon
xbmcaddon.Addon('the addon id').openSettings()
(This post was last modified: 2017-08-11 23:00 by spoyser.)
find quote
jdig4240 Offline
Fan
(2017-08-11 22:55)spoyser Wrote:  
(2017-08-11 18:23)jdig4240 Wrote:  Question, how would I make a superfavorite shortcut to an Addons settings?

Does the addon have the option to open its settings via a list item? If so you can add that to SF.

Failing that you could write a small Python script:

And create a RunScript Favourite in SF to run that script:

import xbmcaddon
xbmcaddon.Addon('the addon id').openSettings()
Thanks!!
find quote