• 177(current)
[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator
Sorry if this has been addressed already, but I have a few links that I notice won't play from in the Super Favourites folders I create.  Upon further inspection they don't play through regular favourites either.  Any idea why?
It's impossible to answer your question without a log file.
Make sure that you go into SF settings and enable debugging and then run SF.
Thank you for the help, jmoorecc. I'll send feedback to this thread instead of the one I created.

I'm currently using FTP for the protocol because one server needs the new SMB and two are old and want the older SMB.

When I play a video from the library, the ff. appears in the long:

ftp://USERNAME:PASSWORD@<IP Address>/Folder/Video.mp4

When I right-click on the video, and it to a super folder, and play the video from there, a playback video failed error appears. I see the ff. in one of the errors in the log:

ftp://<IP Address>/Folder/Video.mp4

I think it doesn't play because the "username:password" phrase is missing.
Hi. Does anyone experience a similar issue, i.e., using FTP and the videos don't play? I tried FTP without a user name and password but Kodi still won't play the videos because I think Kodi needs the username:password phrase.

No problems with SMB but there's something weird about it: with lots of shares across several drives, some attached via USB, some of the shares are sometimes skipped while the sources are being scanned. I already tried turning on media streaming, disabling any QOS packet scheduler, etc. It's only when I I try again or reboot the player that all shares can be read. So I had to switch to FTP.
Hi,
Thanks for this addon !
I got a problem to diplay movies. The view display stretched fanarts instead of posters.
I'm using AEON NOX Silvo with "Shift" view.
Could you help me ? Thanks !
I also tried the addon with a database synced via Emby. Here's what happened:

I went to the Movies section - Titles, choose a movie, and clicked on it. It played.

I went to the TV Shows section - Titles, choose a TV show, and clicked on it. The episodes were displayed, and I could play them.

From those sections, I added them to an SF folder, went to the SF folder, and clicked on each. The movie played but the TV show didn't display the episodes.

Has anyone experienced this issue even with SMB?
Edit:

When adding a video from a media server, the URL will appear with a long series of letters and numbers. The video will still play but metadata won't display, and the search-and-download subtitle feature in Kodi (where you can play the video, then search for subtitles) doesn't work.

OK, here's what I gathered for now:

For those using SMB, you can add videos to SF and they'll play correctly. For those using FTP, you'll have to use anonymous accounts; perhaps you can set all shared folders to read-only mode?

For those using media servers, you have no problem.

Finally, I can't get the export option to work. What I do is go to the file manager in Kodi configurations, go to the SF addon folder, and then copy the Super Favorites folder to another folder.
Does this addon work in 18.4? I've installed version 2.2.6.
If I select an item to add the 'Super favourites menu' appears in the context menu, but then I click on it I just get a black window popping up. Does anybody know how to fix this?

Running Kodi on Nvidia Pro. Tried in a number of skins including Arctic Zephy Reloaded, Auramod.
(2022-07-26, 16:57)Chalklands Wrote: Does this addon work in 18.4? I've installed version 2.2.6.
If I select an item to add the 'Super favourites menu' appears in the context menu, but then I click on it I just get a black window popping up. Does anybody know how to fix this?

Running Kodi on Nvidia Pro. Tried in a number of skins including Arctic Zephy Reloaded, Auramod.

Bump........

Does anybody know if this addon works in kodi 18.4?
(2022-08-06, 14:40)Chalklands Wrote:
(2022-07-26, 16:57)Chalklands Wrote: Does this addon work in 18.4? I've installed version 2.2.6.

Bump........

Does anybody know if this addon works in kodi 18.4?
Don't worry. All working now!
Hi all, first off thanks for getting this going with Matrix. Saved my setup a lot of grief. I just have one last issue that seems to not work.

So I have tried debugging this some but cannot find out anything to fix it but I am having an issue displaying video playlists from within SF. I reduced the SF folder to one entry but am getting a "can't read" error. The EXACT same favorite entry in Kodi favorites works fine (and from the video playlists UI). If it matters, I am launching the SF folder FROM SF directly. If it matters my previous major last version of Kodi worked fine (with older SF than this setup).

https://paste.kodi.tv/oyiqokagal

Using Matrix and 2.2.6 SF.
So yep, after a bit more debugging, trying out different options etc, it seems that something in SF is not doing the 'activatewindow' for a playlist favorite correctly for some reason. I have the exact same command in a direct menu item in Aeon Nox submenus and it displays the playlist fine. In SF it goes to the Video root directory instead.
Quote:Error loading Smart playlist special:\profile\playlists\video\Star Wars Universe.xsp
As visible in your log, something is off with the location SF is trying to read from, it starts with special:\ ad should start with special:\\ so there is a backward slash missing. 
It has been a while since I looked at code from SuperFavourites, but because your original favourite uses forward slashes and the locationeSF is tring to open uses backslashes, I suspect a slight edit concerning os.sep is necessary.
Hi there,

first of all, SF is one of my most used Kodi addons. It is really useful for all sorts of things Cool
That being said, I do have one issue:
I have a SF folder called Pictures. In it I'd like to "bookmark" my favourite picture FOLDERS.
I can add the picture folders just fine. But Once I enter into the Picture SF folder, where the pic folders are located, and try to open one of my added folders, I am thrown right into the Picture Sources section of Kodi.
This happens both when I try to add a short cut through my Kodi skin's shortcut menu and when I enter the folder directly after opening the addon.
This used to work. I'm not able to tell you, though, when it stopped working.
Is this a known issue? Or should I post a log on pastebin?

many thanks and regards
bobdude
Awesome addon, thank you!

Just what I needed to achieve a simple to-watch list to present at an evening movie session, but with full movie details like we have in the regular movie sections (unlike the built-in favorites).

Just one small issue for me: when I select "posters" for the thumbnails (or was it vice versa?) in the widget view the addon picks the movie still frame instead that I (needlessly) extracted before (I cannot delete them anymore). Is there some kind of preference to prefer the still frames over the posters/covers? Can you maybe fix this?

When I select "fanart" for the thumbnails it works. But that does not give me a good overview.
  • 177(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator6