• 178(current)
[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator
Is there a way to load this repo directly from Kodi or do you have to side-load it somehow?  When I type in the link to add as a source I get a blank directory.
(2022-11-16, 14:24)diesel1218 Wrote: Is there a way to load this repo directly from Kodi or do you have to side-load it somehow?  When I type in the link to add as a source I get a blank directory.

Are you using Kodi 19.x Matrix?

I don't think this add-on has been updated to work with v19, it is only available for v18.x Leia
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
(2022-11-16, 14:24)diesel1218 Wrote: Is there a way to load this repo directly from Kodi or do you have to side-load it somehow?  When I type in the link to add as a source I get a blank directory.

You have to install the special repo by jmooremcc, you can install this downloaded ZIP as an addon from a connected device:

https://github.com/jmooremcc/Repository....c.repo.zip

The repo will give you access to the actual addon.

At least I think that is what I did. It works with Kodi 19 (Matrix), but I had some issues. In addition to the thing with the wrong thumbnails in the widget view I had some odd behavior where I could not exit back to the home screen but it would constantly loop through some list views instead. I had seen this issues described before. It did not occur in the widget view though.

Unfortunately I found no alternatives. Simple Favourites is not available for Kodi 19, and AutoWidget was either not able to achieve what I want or just too complex for me to understand :-)
Thank you however when I add that repo to Kodi there is nothing there.  Doesnt show the repo to install.  I am doing this straight in Kodi from the add source.  Is there another method I need to do?
(2022-11-17, 02:59)diesel1218 Wrote: Thank you however when I add that repo to Kodi there is nothing there.  Doesnt show the repo to install.  I am doing this straight in Kodi from the add source.  Is there another method I need to do?

„Add source” sounds like you tried to enter the URL somewhere in Kodi. That is not what I did or meant, although it might work somehow. Instead:

- Download ZIP file for the repo from given URL on your desktop computer and put it on an external storage device

- in Kodi go to System -> Add-ons -> Install from zip file

- search for ZIP file on the external storage device and select it - new repo will be installed

Installation from „Unknown sources” (checkbox) has to be ticked somewhere first, I think in System/ Settings -> System -> Add-ons or so. Be aware what you do here, you might want to switch this back afterwards.
So I was able to get this installed and setup on Kodi 19 but anything I add to Super Favorites when I try and open it from Super Favorites it kicks me out of Kodi completely.  I have sub folders for movies and tv and anything in those folders just closes Kodi but they play fine from the normal Favorites folder.
(2022-11-17, 14:36)diesel1218 Wrote: So I was able to get this installed and setup on Kodi 19 but anything I add to Super Favorites when I try and open it from Super Favorites it kicks me out of Kodi completely.  I have sub folders for movies and tv and anything in those folders just closes Kodi but they play fine from the normal Favorites folder.

So this issue has been resolved.  The issue I have is if I copy a favorite to the SF folders then it kicks me out of Kodi when trying to play or open.  If I move them to the SF folder it works as intended.
Is there an intention to adapt it to kodi 20 nexus?
Exclamation 
I want to make a humble request concerning the usability of the Kodi Forum and even though it is general in character I chose to post it here because it is pertinent to this addon. Every time an addon is taken over by a new maintainer AND the old addon has had quite a long line of posts as to affect the readability of the renewed version a new thread should be opened. Else users suffer by missing the renewed line. In particular, they miss the OP where a description of the renewed capabilities and the new sources are summed up. To have to dig deep into the thread to find the OP is a disservice.

Super Favourites python 3 version is an addon which needs a new thread with a proper OP. Else it is missed (hence the many questions "what happened to Super Favourites"). I missed it, for once. And even after finding it, I had to make a second search for the new sources.
This does actually often happen, and it's something we forum mods are quite happy to help with and support. For example we can close off old threads and provide links in them to new threads, and also where appropriate we can edit and update the first posts to also link to new threads.

But actually doing this is in the hands of whoever takes over support for the addon, and would be by their request to action.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
It seems that the repository does not work on Kodi 20. Weeks ago I asked if there was any intention to adapt the add-on and I am still waiting for an answer. It gives the impression of a total abandonment of the forum and the addon.
(2022-12-19, 14:24)DarrenHill Wrote: But actually doing this is in the hands of whoever takes over support for the addon, and would be by their request to action.
Is consent of the original (now abandoned) addon creator needed as well?
(2022-12-19, 23:11)DiMag Wrote: Is consent of the original (now abandoned) addon creator needed as well?

It is preferred, but common sense applies of course if they haven't logged in for a long while and are inactive (as it should with the forking process in the first place).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
stupid and useless addon! it took some retries to make it start as it have a dumb buggy installation as well...i wonder why people keep posting about this crap.
hope my post helps someone to avoid wasting his time
(2022-12-19, 17:10)havhav Wrote: It seems that the repository does not work on Kodi 20. Weeks ago I asked if there was any intention to adapt the add-on and I am still waiting for an answer. It gives the impression of a total abandonment of the forum and the addon.

Although the repository doesn't work in Kodi 20, the latest update of the add-on itself works (at least for my limited needs), and can be found here: https://github.com/jmooremcc/Repository....favourites
  • 178(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator6