TVheadend and Ubuntu 14.04
Is Tvheadend working on Ubuntu 14.04?
Builds have been available since this morning.
Working fine for me running from source.
Is tvheadend locking up for anyone running ubuntu 14.04?
Ever since I upgraded my server to 14.04 Tvheadend has being locking up the whole server, there is nothing in the logs and I can not connect while it is locked to look at anything.
At the moment I have stopped tvheadend running which is the first time in years!

I gave tried the latest versions and older ones too but still the same.

Any advice or help?
still learning linux, | Eve Media Box Case | Abit I-N73HD Motherboard | 2gb Ram | 8gb usb drive | xbmc live | 4tb Linux server |- Second box - XBMC live | GA-81915PM motherboard | 2gb Ram | Gainward 8400GS 512MB HDMI | 2.5" 60gb hard drive |Cheap MCE remote | Tvheadend server | Raspberry Pi | Acer Revo | Zotac ION
I'm not (yet) on 14.04, so I can't comment, but have you tried enabling debugging in tvheadend to see if that gives you more?

Alternatively, if the machine locks but doesn't crash, you could leave the web interface open with debugging messages showing (the icons at the bottom of the screen) and/or use tail -f on syslog with a large scroll buffer so you could at least see if anything untoward happened. My gut feeling is that it's unlikely to be tvheadend itself as it shouldn't have direct access to anything that could break the system unless you're running it as root - it's more likely to be a hardware/kernel/driver issue that the video subsystem is showing up.
I'm running tvheadend 3.4 (stable) on my ubuntu 14.04 server vm on my esxi host. No lockups, no freezes - it works just fine.
So I agree, it has probaby to do with kernel / drivers / hardware - outside of tvheadend

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TVheadend and Ubuntu 14.040