Request -  Native MP4 Metadata Scraping
write the page then i can comment on it. i'm not really cut out to write a wiki page, my brain fills in too much info..
@spiff OK

@DeShizz
I see some work on the page. Looking good so far Smile

I am moving the page to its new permanent home here which allows everybody to edit it if they have a wiki account... Video_File_Tagging (wiki)

I am taking a back seat to this page as I don't have the experience with Video File Tags and the attempts I have made to test this have failed for me. Its not something I use so won't persist with it.

Hopefully others can help out on this topic.
My Signature
Links to : Forum rules (wiki) | Banned_Add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create_Music_Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki) || Artwork (wiki) | Basic_controls (wiki) | Import-export_library (wiki) | Movie_sets (wiki) | NFO_files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
@DeShizz just copy 1 sec from whatever material, it is covered by fair use, no danger.
(2018-01-18, 07:32)spiff Wrote: just copy 1 sec from whatever material, it is covered by fair use, no danger.

Cool, Will have that done in a few hours.
(2018-01-18, 02:43)Karellen Wrote: I am moving the page to its new permanent home here which allows everybody to edit it if they have a wiki account

Great. I've made a few more changes.

I was also thinking of writing a guide to tagging MP4 files using mp3tag (since it's free), although it may take me a while because I'd want to add pretty pictures.

I don't know however if this would be allowed under wiki rules, since it would be written subjectively and in step-by-step fashion?
(2018-01-18, 11:13)DeShizz Wrote: I don't know however if this would be allowed under wiki rules, since it would be written subjectively and in step-by-step fashion?
Yes, it is allowed. Smile

Uploading pictures is not a problem. Do you know how to do it? Looks like you know your way around the wiki, judging by your edits, so you probably know how to upload images. If not, let me know.
My Signature
Links to : Forum rules (wiki) | Banned_Add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create_Music_Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki) || Artwork (wiki) | Basic_controls (wiki) | Import-export_library (wiki) | Movie_sets (wiki) | NFO_files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I've tested my locally tagged mp4 music video files.  The following mp4 tags seem to work (tag name => videodb musicvideo table column => description):
Code:
Pldes  => c08 => Plot
gen => c11 => genre
alb => c09 => album
ART => c10 => artist
nam => c00 => title
day => premiered => year (month and day ignored)
TRACKNUMBER => c12 => track
covr => art table type poster (use for album cover)

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Krypton
Leia
(2018-01-18, 11:13)DeShizz Wrote: Cool, Will have that done in a few hours.
 Okay, so a few hours turned into a few days... my bad.

Anyway, here is a link that contains some MP4 files with the related TV Show metadata:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nD0RzV...-NUu8sakCm

Basically it is two seasons, with the first three episodes each. Each episode has been tagged with the show name, season number and episode number (I assume these match with -show, -season and -episode respectively). I think those would be the most important tags for TV Shows right now. They also have their respective titles entered).

Let me know if I should change anything.
thanks! been busy lately but i will get to this one of the next days.
Hello I've tried a few files and MP4 tags recognizes Kodi without any problems, but MKV tags are only partially recognized. Title, Year, Director, are recognized , Genre e.g. but not.

Are all MKV tags supported? Can someone help me with my problem? @spiff 

I tried the offical Matroska Tag's from the Matroska Site.

Greetz

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Native MP4 Metadata Scraping51