Accessing Video Library tags from skin?
Question 
Hi,

I'm trying to implement a workaround to fix aspect ratio detection of untouched Blu-rays. They always have 1080 lines of vertical resolution meaning even though you set an aspect ratio in the NFO, XBMC will overwrite this info in the database with aspect ratio 1.78 after the first time the media has been played.

I know one way around this is to include the aspect ratio in the filename/path but I would rather not do that.

Instead, what I'd like to do is to add tags with the aspect ratio to the movies. However, as far as I can see, the skinning engine (xml-files) cannot access the tags collection. Am I correct? A "simple" boolean ListItem.Tags(<tagname>) returning true if the tag is defined and false otherwise would be sufficient and I think useful in other cases as well.

Currently, my plan is for a not very pretty (structure-wise) solution where I add the aspect ratio on the 2nd line of the 'Tagline' (seeing as that will always only display the first line), which can obviously be accessed from the skinning engine. But I'd like a more elegant solution (and also, the tagline would be overwritten if I rescrape the movie).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Accessing Video Library tags from skin?0