Frame Step by Step
frame stepping is trivial to implement on platforms like Linux, Windows, Osx, ios.
FernetMenta, did you not pay attention when we said it can not be done ?

(I'm so much hoping you'll implement it now the magic words have been spoken)
(2015-04-30, 19:13)Kib Wrote: FernetMenta, did you not pay attention when we said it can not be done ?

da-anda was referring to davilla's post#2 where he said this it is very difficult to implement. I say that this is not the case for the platforms I listed (which includes hw decoding)
(2015-05-01, 08:06)FernetMenta Wrote:
(2015-04-30, 19:13)Kib Wrote: FernetMenta, did you not pay attention when we said it can not be done ?

da-anda was referring to davilla's post#2 where he said this it is very difficult to implement. I say that this is not the case for the platforms I listed (which includes hw decoding)

EDIT: never mind Smile too early for my brain ...
It is the only critical feature that this amazing MP is missing IMHO...
Will frame stepping finally be introduced in Kodi 16, or at least a workaround to make it work in some cases?
Not for v16, unless you have a Raspberry Pi.
I also wish Kodi had better features on the video playback.
I have a lot of instructional videos (e.g. for ballroom dancing, magic tricks, judo etc.) and it can be a real pain if you can't use slow motion forward and backwards, A-B repeats or frame stepping.
For regular movies I do miss the ability to jump backwards or forward in customizable increments or go directly to a point in time.
So I hope Kodi will come up with more sophisticated playback features over time to make it really useful not only for watching movies.
Same.
It would make catching those damn panty shot flashes in MA ANIME so much easier.
Seriously. Laugh
@murxx - as for your movie navigation requirements:

a) skip steps are customizable these days (configurable in settings, available step sizes can be customized via advancedsettings.xml)
b) you already can jump to a specific time using numeric input followed by "select/enter"
c) you can jump a custom amount of time by using numeric input followed by the direction (left/right) to jump
(2017-05-19, 12:12)da-anda Wrote: @murxx - as for your movie navigation requirements:

a) skip steps are customizable these days (configurable in settings, available step sizes can be customized via advancedsettings.xml)
b) you already can jump to a specific time using numeric input followed by "select/enter"
c) you can jump a custom amount of time by using numeric input followed by the direction (left/right) to jump

What about slow motion playback and frame stepping (step by step), is there any way to do that?
Since kodi 17 you can slow down playback by 0.8 speed, with sound.
Keyboard shortcut is alt+left arrow and Sync playback to display must be enabled.
Command is PlayerControl(tempodown) --if you want to assign a remote control key to it.
But the speed is not configurable.
(2017-05-19, 12:27)doclucas Wrote: What about slow motion playback and frame stepping (step by step), is there any way to do that?
Besides of what host505 wrote, I'm not aware of anything in this regard. It's not impossible to implement, just needs a (community)dev interested in this feature and thus willing to do so

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frame Step by Step0