Is there a way to auto-hide the control bar while watching a video?
Hi

after i found out that the dialogueseekbar.xml is resposible for the Pause OSD, i just renamed that file inside my confluence subdir to #dialogueseekbar.xml

When i now restart kodi, no errors, but the OSD is gone ...

when i hit the pause button, the movie is paused like before, but no OSD is shown anymore ...

Hope that helps other ...

there are ways to modify the file to your needs .. i just wanted to get rid of it for good Wink
(2015-04-18, 04:27)nickr Wrote: Ahh OK. I think your problem is really that the remote doesn't have enough buttons, and you have to go through the OK and use the OSD to pause, which will leave the OSD on screen on unpause. The system assumes that if you wanted the OSD up there, you also should be in charge of dismissing it. One button press to get rid of it, or fork out for a better remote?

EDIT or what Ned says in the next post, which remaps your buttons while playing video, on in videoOSD
 Hi All, I know my reply is over an older post, but I did read the whole thread.

I am running Kodi fine over one of the cheap android boxes, with no dedicated play/pause. I understand about remapping and that is fine, but I believe the original request has some validity, and in my case would definitely be the preferred way of operation: hitting enter/ok while on the play icon of the OSD to resume playback should immediately hide the OSD itself. Is there any way you'd consider adding such behavior as an option or can we achieve it with some config?

Thank you!
Four years later, no solution. Leia beta, using with DO, STILL have to press Back on the DO (without dedicated play/pause buttons) and pray it won't be recognized as Go Back to menu. Not a good experience. Kodi can do SO much, why not include auto-hide as an option?
(2021-08-26, 19:07)stooovie Wrote: Four years later, no solution. Leia beta, using with DO, STILL have to press Back on the DO (without dedicated play/pause buttons) and pray it won't be recognized as Go Back to menu. Not a good experience. Kodi can do SO much, why not include auto-hide as an option?

There's an unofficial Hide Video OSD add-on out there, but you have to slightly update their code to get it to work with Kodi 19+. It throws the error, "Error Contents: module 'xbmc' has no attribute 'translatePath'", because the translatePath function has been moved from xbmc to xbmcvfs. So, you just have to slightly modify their service.py file to account for this. I googled it and found another add-on with this issue where someone detailed the fix, modified the code accordingly, and it works.
The possibility for this has recently been added to Kodi. The implementation leaves the decision of whether to inlucde this to the skin authors, so currently it might only be the default skin Estuary that includes this for use in the v20 Nightly builds. So if you don't use Estuary you might need to make a request to the skin author to include this when they start working on their v20 version of their skin.

Estuary Setting to enable/disable and change timeout period

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is there a way to auto-hide the control bar while watching a video?1