Gotham: some folders are displayed in solid blue
That's a problem I have with openelec 3.2.4 and 4.0 RC7 on Zotac ID41.
transparency 6.0.6.

watch gallery

Some of my folder.jpg files are not displayed but replaced by solid blue folders when I'm browsing files. Sometimes it happens on the right (1st picture), sometimes on the left (2nd picture).

Maybe I've missed something. It's still usable but I'd like it perfectWink
Usually having golden coloured cases folders is an indication that these files are not yet scraped into your library. Can you use the information tool on any of these to confirm you have them scraped? The reason you have some covers showing up and some not is probably due to the default image nomenclature.
There are scraped in my library. I've annotated my picture to better describe my problem.
All the pictures are labeled "folder.jpg" and they display correctly when they have the focus. The problem is some of them are suddenly replaced by solid blue folders when I scroll.

The images should be called 'movie name-poster.jpg' I'll stand by my original assessment 'are these scraped'.? The image names from folder to poster changed in Frodo and is carried on in Gotham. I'd suggest a re-scan using the universal scraper speficing your choice of graphics or better still use the artwork downloader add-on to populate.
Photo 
I'm trying to narrow the problem: it happens while in Video Library mode, with the display as "slide". Other displays don't seem to trigger this problem.
So, this is what I expect to see all the time:
But, sometimes, it goes like this (cover images replaced by solid blue, and yet, it's the exact same page as above). If I move up or down one menu level, than I may get the correct one, or the wrong one. It seems quite random.
Same kind of problem when I go to a higher level with folders: sometimes correct, sometimes wrong (on the right side):
I digged a bit more into the suggestion that my movie was not correctly scrapped. I don't think this is the case: I scrapped them with ember media manager to have a folder.jpg and a 'movie name-poster.jpg'.
As you can see, I display correct information and I can browse my library from a remote (using yatse), so I really believe that this is a scrapped film.

When I go back to the slide view, I'm expecting to see Charlie's cover repeated, but it's replaced by a camera symbol

In my advancesettings.xml, I've put a <algorithmdirtyregions>1</algorithmdirtyregions>. I'll soon try to remove it to see if it changes anything.
i haven't been able to reproduce this,
but i can tell from experience that odd stuff like this is usually a bug in xbmc, not the skin.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I do note that you have use the words "it happens while in Video Library mode" leaving me wondering if you're talking about Library mode (Movie Button) or (Video Button) File mode. I guess you've figured out the solid blue covers are the T! default if it can NOT find any graphics in the folder, also keep in mind the side slide-out menu sorts by title, ratings, date , watched etc.. whihc can play dancing chairs with the order presented in your examples.

Quote:I scrapped them with ember media manager to have a folder.jpg and a 'movie name-poster.jpg'.
I'm still a little suspect of your scrapes.... Ember doesn't scrape for XBMC, Ember creates posters, backround art and meta-data and places it into the movie folder. XBMC needs to scrape this locally.... and in your case it seems to find partial data but clearly it's not complete or doesn't satisfy all the parameters (this may be a bug, but your approach with Ember leaves some doubt).

Suggestion: I suspect Ember to be the villain here, although XBMC should NOT trip up on ember code, it wouldn't be the first time I've heard of issues with Ember. It is interesting that slide view is the one most effected, as if some gfx process is taxed or out of buffer space, but we would need some hardware specs on your system. I'd suggest using XBMC exclusively for scrapes and refresh, it's the only way to bring new files into the library, and consideration for a total rescrape with XBMC might be wise.
Thanks for investigating.
I'll continue testing but in the meantime, here's my hardware: zotac id41:
http://www.zotacusa.com/zbox-id41.html
atom cpu+ion (1st generation I think) nvidia GPU + 4Go of ram + SSD for system drive + USB disk for stocking films.

I think I've tried refreshing the film to make sure that the videos were scraped in the xbmc database (and I can see them when browsing the video ibrary from my android remote).
I'm using the menu Video which gives me access to my filesystem.
Using the 'Movie' button is how you see if your collection is in the library.... The Video button is file mode and everything including items not scrapped show up. Use the Movie button.... if you find you are missing movies... then they haven't been scraped in yet. Go into file mode through the video button and refresh the selected movie. I'll re-inter-ate yellow covers indicates the files are not yet in the library.

A proper log with debug turned on will show you what is missing, with the O/S , versions, skins with the hardware info etc...

This might be a good read.
Here are the steps to reproduce the problem (which appeared first on an ion machine with openelec).
the test computer is running win7 x64, gotham 13.1 beta1.Transparency 6.0.6. Computer is a Dell Vostro 3700.
I've created a test folder (I removed the .mkv videos and kept just folder and fanart files) with the structure I use.
It's available here (about 9Mb):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/k0lh1isps5npbr...st-bug.zip

Here are the steps:
1) Videos>Add video > I select the OpenElec-test-bug, choose Movie, only local .nfo
2) Videos>OpenElec-test-bug: when I navigate, sometimes the images are correctly displayed, sometimes there are replaced by a solid blue folder (my display setting is on "slide").

The Videos is a kind of file explorer, so it seems normal that many folders are displayed in gold (although the films are really scrapped in the library). What is strange is the randomness: sometimes, it's perfect, sometimes, it's wrong.

I'll see if anyone is able to reproduce the bug before posting a debug log.
As this issue also appears on the Back Row skin, it seems to be a more general bug.
I filled a bug report here:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/4799

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gotham: some folders are displayed in solid blue0