• 506(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
Pffff been busy all evening... Efi usb boot error....
I have manually downloaded the Libreelec image and burnt it on the USB with win32diskimager...

Dont do that... use the Openelec installer.
(2017-05-15, 23:15)wackid Wrote: Pffff been busy all evening... Efi usb boot error....
I have manually downloaded the Libreelec image and burnt it on the USB with win32diskimager...

huh? Using Win32DiskImager (or Rufus in dd mode) to write the LibreELEC install image to USB is equivalent to using the LibreELEC USB/SD installer -- all 3 options will write the image properly (and yes, I literally just tested all 3 to be sure I wasn't talking out my ass).
(2017-05-16, 04:53)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2017-05-15, 23:15)wackid Wrote: Pffff been busy all evening... Efi usb boot error....

huh? Using Win32DiskImager (or Rufus in dd mode) to write the LibreELEC install image to USB is equivalent to using the LibreELEC USB/SD installer -- all 3 options will write the image properly (and yes, I literally just tested all 3 to be sure I wasn't talking out my ass).
Yes I found it to be strange also? But tried windiskimage with several USB sticks. And a one hit on the Libreelec installer.

Got another strange thing. When installing a build. Kodi keeps hanging on the splash screen.

I have update to the newest firmware.

I removed the splash intro movie and than it's okay.
(2017-05-16, 17:08)wackid Wrote: [quote='Matt Devo' pid='2586927' dateline='1494903235']
[quote='wackid' pid='2586834' dateline='1494882914']
Yes I found it to be strange also? But tried windiskimage with several USB sticks. And a one hit on the Libreelec installer.

Got another strange thing. When installing a build. Kodi keeps hanging on the splash screen.

I have update to the newest firmware.

I removed the splash intro movie and than it's okay.

I can't tell you what the problem is with some "build" or a non-stock skin; it's most certainly not hardware related though

Sent from my Nexus 6P
I installed this like 3 years ago and have never updated. It has been working pretty great, but now i think it's time to go to latest libreelec / kodi (still on openelec)

I am a bit unclear as to how to install the latest version though.

Do i need to do factory reset?

Or can i just run the latest EZ script?

My chromebox won't bring up the developer prompt with CTRL-ALT- [<--] (no F keys)

sorry if this a major dumb question but it's not clear to me from the wiki etc. Thanks
If you just want to update to the latest libreelec/openelec you don't need to use the ezscript at all, it is just a dump of the .tar file in ~/.update/ and reboot.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-05-21, 06:43)nickr Wrote: If you just want to update to the latest libreelec/openelec you don't need to use the ezscript at all, it is just a dump of the .tar file in ~/.update/ and reboot.

thanks

I also want the latest kodi

should i upgrade to libreelec then try run EZ script again?

Now I have tried to upgrade with the wrong tar file i think and messed it up further!
(2017-05-21, 12:39)calcio1 Wrote: I also want the latest kodi

Now I have tried to upgrade with the wrong tar file i think and messed it up further!

You don't update Kodi separate from LibreELEC; updating to the latest LibreELEC gives you the latest Kodi as well.

What type of setup do you have - standalone or dual boot?

What tar file did you use for the update, and what's the issue exactly?
thanks matt

i have the latest kodi and libreelec now, my problem was i didn't do factory reset

thanks again for a great script / support

(2017-05-21, 18:49)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2017-05-21, 12:39)calcio1 Wrote: I also want the latest kodi

You don't update Kodi separate from LibreELEC; updating to the latest LibreELEC gives you the latest Kodi as well.

What type of setup do you have - standalone or dual boot?

What tar file did you use for the update, and what's the issue exactly?
Hi Mr. Chromebox please can you update LibreElec EZ script with the latest Kodi 17.2?
I think it's really needed because of the safety problems.
When you use the EZ script and install LibreElec you get Kodi 17.0.

I tried to update to the newest Kodi with a tar file but my ChromeBox doesn't start up after trying the update manual.
Any suggestions for this how to succeed manual update?

Thanks,
Libreelec has not released a version with Kodi 17.2. If you install the latest Libreelec you will get 17.1.

Updating Libreelec is the same when running chromebox as any other libreelec install. Drop the latest tar or img.gz in the .update on libreelec, reboot. That is it.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-05-24, 11:08)Ciler Wrote: Hi Mr. Chromebox please can you update LibreElec EZ script with the latest Kodi 17.2?

I tried to update to the newest Kodi with a tar file but my ChromeBox doesn't start up after trying the update manual.

Thanks,

LibreELEC has 8.0.2 in testing, once it is final I will update the script. Kodi 17.2 has a pretty nasty bug that breaks subtitles completely it seems, so will have to hold off for 17.3.

I have no idea what your issue is when updating as you've told me nothing about what you're updating from or to. Also, if it doesn't start, what does it do?
(2017-05-24, 16:50)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2017-05-24, 11:08)Ciler Wrote: Hi Mr. Chromebox please can you update LibreElec EZ script with the latest Kodi 17.2?

Thanks,

LibreELEC has 8.0.2 in testing, once it is final I will update the script. Kodi 17.2 has a pretty nasty bug that breaks subtitles completely it seems, so will have to hold off for 17.3.

I have no idea what your issue is when updating as you've told me nothing about what you're updating from or to. Also, if it doesn't start, what does it do?

I remembered at the time I switched from OpenElec to LibreElec I updated via the manual way and placed the tar file in the update folder of my OpenElec configuration but the migration to LibreElec didn't succeed at that time and my Chromebox didn't start up. The only way to recover was using your EZ script that provided me with a dualboot LibreElec with Chrome Os.

Today however I updated manually with LiBreElec 8.02 tar file and succeeded without any issue. So now I have Kodi 17.3 running in LibreElec 8.02.
I'd like to do a fresh instal rather than an update, how do I do that on my Asus Chromabox already loaded with LibreElec and Kodi Jarvis?

Thanks
(2017-06-01, 15:36)nbat58 Wrote: I'd like to do a fresh instal rather than an update, how do I do that on my Asus Chromabox already loaded with LibreElec and Kodi Jarvis?

Thanks

standalone setup? Download LE USB/SD creator tool, use to create install media, boot USB on Chromebox, install.
Or, just update then do a hard reset from the LE/General settings.

dual boot setup? Re-run script from ChromeOS / choose dual boot LE option
  • 506(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37