• 517(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
Ok, so I built another ASUS Chromebox for my in-laws, to replace their old AppleTV.
Everything worked fine, up until I switched inputs on their Sharp TV back to the Dish Network receiver. When it was time to switch back to Kodi, the image was alternating static and blank screen. After a few seconds, the TV displayed a message saying "an incompatible audio signal is present." I have to hold the switch down to reboot.
This also happened when I took my primary box to a hotel, but I didn't worry about it because it was a temporary set-up.
Any ideas?
(2017-12-26, 17:46)Timewalker Wrote: Ok, so I built another ASUS Chromebox for my in-laws, to replace their old AppleTV.
Everything worked fine, up until I switched inputs on their Sharp TV back to the Dish Network receiver. When it was time to switch back to Kodi, the image was alternating static and blank screen. After a few seconds, the TV displayed a message saying "an incompatible audio signal is present." I have to hold the switch down to reboot.
This also happened when I took my primary box to a hotel, but I didn't worry about it because it was a temporary set-up.
Any ideas?
what type of setup are you running, dual boot or standalone?  have you tried using a different cable?  This sounds like a handshaking issue as the connection isn't being properly renegotiated when the inputs are changing (so right now, I'd lean towards blaming the TV itself)
Standalone setup, using LibreElec booting from the internal drive.
If I switch back within a few minutes, it's ok. But anything more (say 20 minutes or more) and it happens.
I will try a different cable.
Like I said, it worked fine with the Crystalbuntu Apple TV 1 for a few years. It was just having issues with the newer file formats.
I believe the hotel TV that did it was an LG. This is a Sharp.
(2017-12-26, 22:20)Timewalker Wrote: Standalone setup, using LibreElec booting from the internal drive.
If I switch back within a few minutes, it's ok. But anything more (say 20 minutes or more) and it happens.
I will try a different cable.
Like I said, it worked fine with the Crystalbuntu Apple TV 1 for a few years. It was just having issues with the newer file formats.
I believe the hotel TV that did it was an LG. This is a Sharp.
 you might also try a standalone setup using the older Legacy Boot firmware (vs the UEFI firmware that you're running now) as it uses a different video init type which may work better in your specific case
Yeah, I might have to. Do you have a link to the old firmware setup process?
(2017-12-26, 22:42)Timewalker Wrote: Yeah, I might have to. Do you have a link to the old firmware setup process?
 boot Linux USB (GalliumOS works well)
run Firmware Utility Script from my website
choose U to unlock
choose 3 to install/update firmware
choose L for legacy when prompted
after flashing, reboot and reinstall LibreELEC from USB
Thanks. I might have to try that. New HDMI cable didn't help. Disabling the screensaver didn't help.
Del.
(2018-01-04, 10:02)bbsc Wrote: Hi, everybody here Smile
I have a strange problem with my HP Chromebox and Bluetooth remote and, to say the truth, I'm a little confused and need a good advice.

this sounds like an LE issue, not a Kodi one, so I'd post on their forums, and/or in the support threads for the Kodi 18 nightly builds if that's what you're running.
(2018-01-04, 10:05)Matt Devo Wrote: this sounds like an LE issue, not a Kodi one, so I'd post on their forums, and/or in the support threads for the Kodi 18 nightly builds if that's what you're running. 
 Ok, thank you, I'll try to ask there.
(2017-12-26, 17:46)Timewalker Wrote: Ok, so I built another ASUS Chromebox for my in-laws, to replace their old AppleTV.
Any ideas?
 I have the exact same issue with my ASUS Chromebox. Hotel use and first TV was an LG. Changed hotels and bought my own TV, a Hisense, and it does it too. It's my favorite Kodi box, but I've never taken it home because of the input switching issue (I spend 80% of my time in a hotel for work). I've used several different HDMI cables with no difference. If I simply unplug the HDMI and plug it back in, all is fine. I thought the culprit might be the HDMI port in the Chromebox. Now I'm not so sure.

Edit: Standalone setup, using LibreElec booting from the internal drive as well.
So I can't seem to fix my chrome box cn60(been broken for a couple months but just got to trying to fix it). As I boot into it the box gets stuck at a black screen and cursor, I've tried multiple things such as trying to factory reset it using the reset button and the utility tool but that doesn't seem to work since I think i installed it using the standalone method. I've also tried to boot into a live usb of both ubuntu and gallium but the machine always gets suck at "booting from usb device". I was wondering if there are any other ways I could reset my machine?
(2018-01-13, 02:28)arfalax Wrote:  I have the exact same issue with my ASUS Chromebox. Hotel use and first TV was an LG. Changed hotels and bought my own TV, a Hisense, and it does it too. It's my favorite Kodi box, but I've never taken it home because of the input switching issue (I spend 80% of my time in a hotel for work). I've used several different HDMI cables with no difference. If I simply unplug the HDMI and plug it back in, all is fine. I thought the culprit might be the HDMI port in the Chromebox. Now I'm not so sure.

Edit: Standalone setup, using LibreElec booting from the internal drive as well. 

UEFI or Legacy Boot firmware? whichever you are using, I'd switch to the other and reinstall LE.

(2018-01-14, 06:32)AlwaysBroken Wrote: So I can't seem to fix my chrome box cn60(been broken for a couple months but just got to trying to fix it). As I boot into it the box gets stuck at a black screen and cursor, I've tried multiple things such as trying to factory reset it using the reset button and the utility tool but that doesn't seem to work since I think i installed it using the standalone method. I've also tried to boot into a live usb of both ubuntu and gallium but the machine always gets suck at "booting from usb device". I was wondering if there are any other ways I could reset my machine?

the reset button/function does nothing with my custom firmware flashed. If it won't boot your USB device, either it doesn't like the USB stick, port, or the way you're writing the ISO to USB (I recommend Rufus in DD mode when writing from a Windows device)
I have a CN60 running LE in stand-alone mode. Been working great for me. Only problem is the 16GB SSD is too small to be able to run a restore from backup within LE. I’m thinking about replacing the SSD with a 32GB or maybe 64. That part will be simple. Not sure what I’ll need to do to be able to run the EZ Setup Script on the new drive though? Hopefully once I get LE re-installed I can just restore my Kodi settings from backup?
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2018-01-30, 04:08)wgstarks Wrote: I have a CN60 running LE in stand-alone mode. Been working great for me. Only problem is the 16GB SSD is too small to be able to run a restore from backup within LE. I’m thinking about replacing the SSD with a 32GB or maybe 64. That part will be simple. Not sure what I’ll need to do to be able to run the EZ Setup Script on the new drive though? Hopefully once I get LE re-installed I can just restore my Kodi settings from backup?
 There's no need to run the EZ setup script, that's for the system firmware, which is unaffected by swapping in a larger SSD.

Simply boot a Linux live USB, mount your LE storage partition, and back it up to another USB, network share, eg.  That's all the LE backup function does, it puts the .cache, .config, and .kodi folders from /storage into a tar file.  You can do that manually from a Linux live usb and then restore after doing a clean install of LE on the new SSD (just create install media using the LE USB/SD creator tool)
  • 517(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37