• 524(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
Update: I’m downloading GalliumOS to usb to try that method.
No dice. Updated the legacy bios and the Panasonic still won’t display the ChromeBox. I think it’s a handshake issue between the devices.

It’s displaying fine on other TVs. Anyone ever encounter this?
No dice. Updated the legacy bios and the Panasonicu still won’t display the ChromeBox. I think it’s a handshake issue between the devices.

(2018-09-07, 10:50)Batesy2007 Wrote: No dice. Updated the legacy bios and the Panasonic still won’t display the ChromeBox. I think it’s a handshake issue between the devices.

There are now 4 different generations of Chromeboxes supported, with 3 firmware types and 2 different setup configs.  You're going to have to give a little more info here.  What device, setup, firmware type? Are you still stuck getting into or booting Developer Mode or have you resolved the keyboard issue?
Sorry, it’s a Asus CN60 Haswell running ChromeOS and LibreElec dual boot.

I managed to get back into the script and updated legacy bios. That didn’t help the situation.

I then updated the Core boot firmware and did a fresh dual boot install after. Did all this connected to a Samsung lcd.

Tried again on the Panasonic and nothing displayed on screen. Checked all HDMI ports and leads. Very frustrating as I’d recently upgraded the ram to 8g too. Was running fine on my Sony yesterday.
My Chromebox was very flaky with my Panasonic 4k TV too. Got it to work in the end by switching cec off on the TV, plugging and unplugging hdmi until i got a picture. Then downloaded and fixed the edid. Worked fine thereafter.
(2018-09-07, 19:16)Batesy2007 Wrote: Sorry, it’s a Asus CN60 Haswell running ChromeOS and LibreElec dual boot.

I managed to get back into the script and updated legacy bios. That didn’t help the situation.

I then updated the Core boot firmware and did a fresh dual boot install after. Did all this connected to a Samsung lcd.

I'm confused, if you installed the custom coreboot/UEFI firmware, then you can't dual boot with ChromeOS. If you're dual booting, then the RW_LEGACY firmware is the only type you can use. Which is it?

Quote:Tried again on the Panasonic and nothing displayed on screen. Checked all HDMI ports and leads. Very frustrating as I’d recently upgraded the ram to 8g too. Was running fine on my Sony yesterday.

so you're saying it's working on one TV (Sony) and not the other (Panasonic)? Is the working TV a 4k display as well?
Imo its a Panasonic problem, had the same issue with a wetek play 2 (in android and le) and Nvidia shield.
It was originally a dual boot but in trying to fix the issue I decided to try the core boot and standalone LibreElec.

Yes, it was working fine on. Sony 4K yesterday.

I’ve now got it to work. Not sure how though. I decided to unplug all inputs and then shuffled all the hdmi cables around on he devices and now I have the PS4 pro working on the hdmi cable that was originally connected to the ChromeBox and vice versa.
Weird.

Relieved to hear others have had similar issues with Panasonic. Thought I was losing it.
(2018-09-07, 22:18)Batesy2007 Wrote: It was originally a dual boot but in trying to fix the issue I decided to try the core boot and standalone LibreElec.

Yes, it was working fine on. Sony 4K yesterday.

I’ve now got it to work. Not sure how though. I decided to unplug all inputs and then shuffled all the hdmi cables around on he devices and now I have the PS4 pro working on the hdmi cable that was originally connected to the ChromeBox and vice versa.
Weird.

Relieved to hear others have had similar issues with Panasonic. Thought I was losing it.
While it's working do this:
https://wiki.libreelec.tv/custom_edid

If it's anything like my CB and Panasonic TV it won't be working next time you switch the TV on
Don’t believe it. Rebooted the ChromeBox and the issue returned.

Hey, Matt and all.   Been a long while since I've been here!  But also a long while since I've had any issues. 

Not sure if this is the right thread to post the question in or if it's a LibreELEC issue, but:

I'm trying to reinstall LibreELEC 8.2.5 on my Asus Chromebox (which is set for dual boot) from USB because my system partition is too small to upgrade to LE8.90 and yada yada.

Anyway, when SeaBIOS screen comes up and I hit ESC, I get the option to pick to boot from USB (and the USB device is recognized).

When I press 2 and wait for installer to start, it simply reboots and goes back to the Developer screen then SeaBIOS boot menu again.  If I don't do anything, of course it boots into Kodi.

I'm obviously doing something wrong... Any ideas what the issue might be?

UPDATE: Figured out that since its dual boot the usb installer wasn’t working with an out of date bios, so I just redid the EZ script and reinstalled 8.2.5.

But it didn’t apparently change the system partition, so the LE GUI still couldn’t install 8.90.x for the same reason (says it needs at lease 512M).

So I reran the EZ script and it couldn’t install 8.90 either, says not enough space.

I’ve got 8G allocated to LE. Is that not enough anymore? Must I convert over to Standalone so as to get all 16 gigs?
Wink 
Hi

I'm having the same problem on my ASUS Chromebox CN60 (haswell). When switching from Kodi to Chrome OS the system
will start the self repairing process every time. This also happens after booting a usb drive.

Don't understand why, because there were no changes made to the ssds partition sizes.

Tried a full system recovery and reinstalled rw_legacy firmware but had no success.

Chrome OS itself runs fine and I don't want to get rid of it. :-)

Any suggestions?
Thanks
John
@Matt Devo, Any word?  (not trying to pester you, I just think the "at-sign" tagging doesn't work right for folks with a space in their username, so I'm trying it manually.  Smile
(2018-10-11, 20:28)TonyPh12345 Wrote: @Matt Devo, Any word?  (not trying to pester you, I just think the "at-sign" tagging doesn't work right for folks with a space in their username, so I'm trying it manually.  Smile
 I don't understand what you're trying to do.  LE 8.2.5 should install via the EZ Setup script without issue from a fresh ChromeOS install, as it sets a 512MB system partition (and storage for whatever size you specify).  I can't say why it would fail to install from USB, but what you're trying to do is certainly not a tested or approved install method.

This is on a CN60, 62, or 65?  The latter has known issues with RW_LEGACY and dev/beta channel (and maybe newer stable as well, haven't tested recently)
  • 524(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37