• 5(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
(2014-05-17, 05:50)ridflea Wrote:
(2014-05-16, 19:51)ridflea Wrote: So I tried to run the script on my chromebox, but I get stuck on booting from "hard disk..." I tried to install openelec again (tried the dual boot and normal installation) and I still get stuck here. Any ideas?

Nevermind, I got it working. I couldnt use the script though. I had to manually download openelec and install it on a usb flashdrive.

I also am stuck on "Booting from Hard Disk...". I followed the wiki and related post. I used the script. I've done the second step on the install, but on reboot get stuck with this comment.
(2014-05-18, 01:35)adamxbmc Wrote: I also am stuck on "Booting from Hard Disk...". I followed the wiki and related post. I used the script. I've done the second step on the install, but on reboot get stuck with this comment.

try running the 2nd stage of the dual boot install again and see if that corrects the issue
(2014-05-18, 02:22)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2014-05-18, 01:35)adamxbmc Wrote: I also am stuck on "Booting from Hard Disk...". I followed the wiki and related post. I used the script. I've done the second step on the install, but on reboot get stuck with this comment.

try running the 2nd stage of the dual boot install again and see if that corrects the issue

will do and will report back momentarily
Unfortunately, it does not help.

The screen reads:
"(SeaBIOS (version -20140405_201740-john-lewis)

Press ESC for boot menu.

Booting from Hard Disk..."

and... nothing.

Thanks for any help you can provide. I appreciate everything you've done on this Matt. I'd just prefer to run dual boot than to have to do a complete install of OE from a USB key.
I decided to run the complete install from your script. I've given up on trying to properly create the dual boot. I just couldn't make the legacy boot run.

Hopefully someone with a bit more Linux knowledge could provide more details about this problem at some point if it is affecting others' boxes.
I'll try to replicate the problem on my ChromeBox tomorrow after doing a full reset
(2014-05-18, 02:47)adamxbmc Wrote: Unfortunately, it does not help.

The screen reads:

Press ESC for boot menu.

and... nothing.

Thanks for any help you can provide. I appreciate everything you've done on this Matt. I'd just prefer to run dual boot than to have to do a complete install of OE from a USB key.

I got this when I had only ran the script once. I had to use CTRL-D Before the SeaBIOS screen to get back into Chrome OS to run the script a second time for the 2nd stage. After this I had no issues. Are you sure you ran the script a second time for the second stage?
(2014-05-18, 07:25)mdumont1 Wrote:
(2014-05-18, 02:47)adamxbmc Wrote: Unfortunately, it does not help.

The screen reads:

Press ESC for boot menu.

and... nothing.

I got this when I had only ran the script once. I had to use CTRL-D Before the SeaBIOS screen to get back into Chrome OS to run the script a second time for the 2nd stage. After this I had no issues. Are you sure you ran the script a second time for the second stage?

Certain. The first time I ran it, it approved of the first stage having been completed and then attempted to install OpenELEC. it would not boot. I then tried the second stage of the installation again after Matt suggested it and it did not improve. Before installing OpenELEC on its own, I tried one more time out of desperation. Although the install seemed to be complete, it would not boot. I tried selecting the boot flags again but this did not help. I also tried a CTRL-L boot in case somehow the right partition was not booting. I still received the error message.

On the plus side, as an aside, the script has worked pretty well to give me the OpenELEC install. I'm using XBMC right now without issue on the default Chromebox hardware. I've had one of the crashes that have been chalked up to OpenELEC, but overall it is working well.
Just gonna leave this here for the curious... I used Matt's EZ Setup tool and a new tweak he is working on to increase boot speed.

speedbal
(2014-05-19, 04:36)speedbal Wrote: Just gonna leave this here for the curious... I used Matt's EZ Setup tool and a new tweak he is working on to increase boot speed.

speedbal

Looks great, is there a thread for the tweak? Or is it in beta or something?
(2014-05-19, 04:57)jsp1 Wrote: Looks great, is there a thread for the tweak? Or is it in beta or something?

It's a full new firmware. Fixes lots of compatibility issues (no more custom builds of OpenELEC), faster boot, etc. The "downside" is it doesn't boot ChromeOS anymore, though you can run the open-source variant ChromiumOS off a USB stick if you like. I'll be integrating it into the script soon, with lots of warnings Smile
Big Grin 
(2014-05-19, 05:04)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2014-05-19, 04:57)jsp1 Wrote: Looks great, is there a thread for the tweak? Or is it in beta or something?

It's a full new firmware. Fixes lots of compatibility issues (no more custom builds of OpenELEC), faster boot, etc. The "downside" is it doesn't boot ChromeOS anymore, though you can run the open-source variant ChromiumOS off a USB stick if you like. I'll be integrating it into the script soon, with lots of warnings Smile

Don't care about ChromeOS, sounds perfect. I can't wait...release that baby. Tongue
(2014-05-19, 05:14)jsp1 Wrote: Don't care about ChromeOS, sounds perfect. I can't wait...release that baby. Tongue

I posted it on the 'coreboot for chromebooks' G+ community and will integrate it into my script tomorrow (ish)
Would it be possible to watch sport stream from a flash browser within xbmc with openelec ? I'm getting alot of freeze issue with Ubuntu.. !
I thought my freezing issues were gone, but yesterday the Chromebox (running standalone openelec) froze again. Once while streaming a video through a plugin and once watching a movie from a network hdd.

I'm on the latest version of Openelec and everything else is working really good. It's just these random freezes... They always seem to happen while a video is playing. Annoying as hell.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37