Req Use xbmc as bluetooth speaker?
Brick 
Hey great media people!
I am running xbmc gotham on Fedora 20. Works great and everything.
I'm not sure if this is a feature request or if it exists, so please point me in the right direction if I am off base here.

I often listen to music through my iPad hooked up to some speakers using spotify, but then occasionally my roommate likes to play music through these speakers using pandora. (not at the same time of course, no dueling music here!) But in both cases the device is directly tied to the speakers and is rather unusable. We looked at getting a bluetooth speaker thingy, but then that is yet another device to set up, change inputs, run wires, etc etc.

So, is it currently possible or what would need to happen to allow xbmc receive audio over bluetooth? I know there is Airplay support and other wifi technologies, but as far as I can tell that would be another app and another account. I'd like to just have the audio "streamed" from whatever app is running on the phone/tablet/etc to xbmc. So in essence using xbmc as a glorified bluetooth speaker. (We also use it for playing videos, so (I'm pretty sure?) this isn't a case of making things too complicated)

I did some googling and found this (defunct site):
http://www.outrightsolutions.nl/blogs/te...uetooth-to
Google cache: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/se...clnk&gl=us

But the .py file is not available. Searching for this in general is rather difficult as most people want to use xbmc as the source, not the destination.

Messages In This Thread
Use xbmc as bluetooth speaker? - by squirrelsnuts - 2014-05-07, 20:16
RE: Use xbmc as bluetooth speaker? - by joely - 2015-05-27, 10:04
Re: Use xbmc as bluetooth speaker? - by nickr - 2015-04-08, 00:38
Re: Use xbmc as bluetooth speaker? - by nickr - 2015-04-22, 22:03
RE: Use xbmc as bluetooth speaker? - by nickr - 2016-07-23, 03:19
RE: Use xbmc as bluetooth speaker? - by Slimo - 2016-08-09, 16:09
RE: Use xbmc as bluetooth speaker? - by nickr - 2017-12-05, 10:23
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Use xbmc as bluetooth speaker?0