[GOTHAM] Neon - Help Identifying some xml.
Hey Kib,

Thx for tweaking this skin for Gotham. It is by far the best skin IMO Big Grin

I need help with a couple of things...

1 - The TV show Next aired script displays when there are next aired epsiodes at the top of the TV Node and within the episode node. Is there an easy way to turn this off? I thought having PVR disabled would have killed it, but doesn't seem to have. If not, best way to comment out the corresponding xml?

2 - There is a little message box that pops up from the bottom of the screen (skin) when something takes place. What is it called so I can find it in the xml files?? Can I turn it off?

Again...appreciate the efforts. Best regards.
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
2: DialogKaiToast.xml
(2014-05-12, 00:46)Bumpaneer Wrote: 2: DialogKaiToast.xml

Thx for that. Unusual name. I wondered what that was.
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
On the Xbox it was first used to show a toast (popup) from the Xlink Kai system, that is where the name comes from.
The name stuck around I guess.
(2014-05-12, 16:04)Kib Wrote: The name stuck around I guess....

For a long time Smile
Concerning your first remark, Bumpaneer suggested to me he could make the tvshow next aired support optional, where it isn't required by the skin but will be used if the user has it installed - with the option if disabling it from skin settings of course
(2014-05-13, 07:42)Kib Wrote: Concerning your first remark, Bumpaneer suggested to me he could make the tvshow next aired support optional, where it isn't required by the skin but will be used if the user has it installed - with the option if disabling it from skin settings of course

That would be fantastic. I falsely assumed that when the PVR section was turned off from the main menu (neon config) that the tvshow next aired part would be off automatically as well. Discovered it aint' the case Confused

In the end, I deleted the tvshow next aired db after turning off the script functions. It's a pain you can't disable the script, but it won't let you Sad I haven't seen if any of the info from the tvshow next aired script has been written to the skin since I did the above.??

The ability to turn it off would be great. Thx for all your hard work (and Bumpaneer). Will definitely be looking forward to this tweak!
Initial pull request submitted: https://github.com/kibje/skin.neon/pull/58
(2014-05-13, 20:16)Bumpaneer Wrote: Initial pull request submitted: https://github.com/kibje/skin.neon/pull/58

Wow, that was fast. Any chance you could upload a zip of the new skin (http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/gotham-sk...skin.neon/) of tell me which files you changed so I can cut and paste from the your GIT site. Much appreciated.
If you would wait a day or so, I'll do a new pull and it will auto-update
(2014-05-14, 10:15)Kib Wrote: If you would wait a day or so, I'll do a new pull and it will auto-update

Sounds excellent. Smile

I'm actually running a modded version of Neon I call neonD. Will this still auto update? I haven't changed anything in the addon.xml file except for the name.
(2014-05-14, 10:32)KidKiwi Wrote:
(2014-05-14, 10:15)Kib Wrote: If you would wait a day or so, I'll do a new pull and it will auto-update

Sounds excellent. Smile

I'm actually running a modded version of Neon I call neonD. Will this still auto update? I haven't changed anything in the addon.xml file except for the name.

no. you will need to do everything yourself
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2014-05-14, 10:39)Martijn Wrote:
(2014-05-14, 10:32)KidKiwi Wrote:

Sounds excellent. Smile

no. you will need to do everything yourself

Figured. Sad That's why I asked for a zip. Best to have the original neon autoupdate, then re-mod that version with my xml files. My mods aren't extensive.
What have you modded ?
Is it available anywhere online?

The exact changes are easily viewed here: https://github.com/kibje/skin.neon/pull/58/commits

It would be much easier if you would fork my repo, then branch off and make your edits. Then you can simply rebase that branch on your master and you would keep in line with our updates much quicker.

By the way if the KaiToast popups are annoying only for add-on updates, just turn off add-on update notifications.
(2014-05-14, 16:36)Kib Wrote: What have you modded ?
Is it available anywhere online?

Mostly views and a couple custom windows and added buttons. They are not available online. The skin is tailored specifically to me.

Quote:The exact changes are easily viewed here: https://github.com/kibje/skin.neon/pull/58/commits

It would be much easier if you would fork my repo, then branch off and make your edits. Then you can simply rebase that branch on your master and you would keep in line with our updates much quicker.

Are you speaking English here Big Grin Sorry, but this is WAY passed my pay grade!

Most of my mods are cut and paste (Or drop-in xml files that haven't changed in the underlying skin)

Quote:By the way if the KaiToast popups are annoying only for add-on updates, just turn off add-on update notifications.

Yeah I did, but I've been getting a weird "Playback Failed" message at the end of each movie / episode that I was trying to get rid of (see another thread). Turning off notifications did not stop it - pity! I can kill the pop-up itself, but not sure that's a good thing. Hopefully, the devs can figure the issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[GOTHAM] Neon - Help Identifying some xml.0