how does Yatse do it?
There are a few things you can't do via the JSON-RPC API (at least AFAICT). For example, getting file path information for songs (although GetSongDetails suggests that it can get the file path, it doesn't work, at least not in Frodo). Also, getting playlists doesn't work (I'm talking about file playlists, not the "currently playing" playlist).

But Yatse has access to this information, and it doesn't require any additional server-side code to be installed. How does it do it? I've been tempted to run a packet trace on it, but I thought I'd ask the forum first to see if anybody knows how it's done. Are there undocumented API calls?
Try asking the Yatse developer, he is always super helpful Big Grin
Well intercepting is a good way to get a valid json. i did it sometimes to get it work with other interfaces. so i did know how it works for my yarc interface </advertisement>

you can do that with any tool which uses the json api.

alternatively you can go into the code of webinterfaces. of course it takes some time, but sometimes you also learn something Wink

according to this: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=JSO...tails.Song

it could work with the attribute file (i did not try it since i don't need it in my solution)

try and let us know... good luck

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
how does Yatse do it?0