Req Implement a function TV Show Sets
Sorry if this topic has already been discussed but I have not found with the search function.

I would suggest implementing an option "<set> </set>" for TV shows so that we could combine the spin-off and other series with ties of kinship and thus further enhance the appearance and consistency in our media center.

Code:
eg:
Stargate SG1
Stargate Atlantis
Stargate Universe

───>

Stargate
     ├─>Stargate SG1
     ├─>Stargate Atlantis
     └─>Stargate Universe
Seconded
It has been discussed before: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=68476
Ah sorry... I only search in this sub forum and not in the other section.

But this only further justifies the interest of the users for such a function. I sincerely hope that the developer will hear our request.

Besides that, I'm not a developer but if it already exists for movies, why does he not been immediately implemented for the TV shows?
Because it's a lot harder to implement for TV shows. Movies are singular entries, while TV shows are basically collections of other files, rather than being files themselves.
Not just simply allow xbmc another arrangement of records? I guess xbmc is not amused to check the entire TV Shows tree to navigate it. In a database, the only different between a reference to a set, another table, etc., a folder and a file is the way in which we will use it. In this sense, there is no difference between a file, folder or even a set.

I guess when you open "TV Shows", xbmc looks in the database and sees TV Shows 1, 2, ...
It then displays TV Shows 1, 2, etc. and you can then navigate through all of them but doesn't "knows" yet what there is in each folder.

Why not add a simple test:
─ If
TV Shows X is not in the table "sets", display TV Shows X
─ Otherwise
display "set X"
└─ If we enter into "set X", only display TV Shows present in the table "sets" belonging to "set X"

Will I make a mistake in the way I envision how the program works? As I say, I do not know much and I'm ready to hear my mistakes.
I don't know, why don't you try it and get back to us on that?
As I said, I'm not a programmer. I just want to suggest an improvement in XBMC and know how this improvement is possible or not.

In our case, I want a person with some knowledge of how the program works come, and explains in broad terms, so that we can make better suggestions for improvement.

I do not understand, for example, why it is less complicated to tell XBMC
"This group is part of such movies set and must appear in a folder"
than
"this group of TV Shows is part of such set and must appear in a folder"
while for me, in the database, a movie and a TV show name, it's the same.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1532520

There you go. It's not the same thing as movies, it is possible, but no one has had time to look into it for proper implementation. There's nothing to suggest. The There have been several threads about this, and there are lots of people, devs included, who like the idea. There's no magic word that will twist someone's arm to make them do it if they don't have time or don't want to do it. You just have to be patient.
Looking back on this, I'm sorry if I sound a bit testy. I just wanted to emphasize that it is something that is desired, and if it was as easy as flipping a switch for TV shows then it would most likely have been done by now :)
Big bump on this!

I would like to know if this improvement will be in the todo list for the new Kodi...
Nothing has changed since it was last asked.
i would love this as i have a lot of shows that could do with going togther eg stargate, csi ,80's shows and so on any new info would be nice
a big +1 Smile
as always +1

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Implement a function TV Show Sets0