TVants, anyone figured it out?
tvants is a streaming program that uses mmst, for some reason i can never get it to load like pplive. if anyone knows how to get it working and the version of xbmc it works on, that would be great help to alot of people.
hi
i got it tvants working on xbox. the way i did was in xbox
i have tvants.strm file, in which
mms://yourpcip:16900/1

of course yourpcip is your pc ipaddress. in tvants, go to setting and click on broadcast tab, enable access from other computer, list port is 16900, as default. i guess you can change it waht you want. why bother if it works Smile.
another thing is the number after port number, that represents the channel number in tvants channel tab. for example, in mms://yourpcip:16900/1, 1 represents the first channel in channel tab in tvants.
my xbmc version is xbmc-cvs_2006-04-12-t3ch, i think. but you can be sure it works , if you got one of the latest version.
enjoy it
james
(jamesxb @ april 26 2006,07:12 Wrote:hi
i got it tvants working on xbox. the way i did was in xbox
i have tvants.strm file, in which
mms://yourpcip:16900/1

of course yourpcip is your pc ipaddress. in tvants, go to setting and click on broadcast tab, enable access from other computer, list port is 16900, as default. i guess you can change it waht you want. why bother if it works Smile.
another thing is the number after port number, that represents the channel number in tvants channel tab. for example, in mms://yourpcip:16900/1, 1 represents the first channel in channel tab in tvants.
my xbmc version is xbmc-cvs_2006-04-12-t3ch, i think. but you can be sure it works , if you got one of the latest version.
enjoy it
james
thanx alot its funny how sometimes its the easiest thing you over look that causes the problem. once i enabled the access from othe r computers in tvants settings> broadcast. it worked. i'm sure alot of people had this problem thanx again.
TVANTS Basic User Manual
(This manual is used for TVants software: http://download.tvants.com/pub/tvants/tv...sSetup.EXE)
1, TVANTS ports in use:
1-1Tracker Server Port: 16600
1-2 Data Sharing Port: 16800, this port is open in default for direct internet connection users, intranet users who is blocked by firewall might have to manually open the port or allow TVants to connect to internet in their firewall setting.
1-3 Data Broadcasting Port: 16900

1, Server Tab
1-1 Definition 1: TRACKER server, server which store channels information and coordinate user data stream exchange, for adding tracker servers (picture below), users can choose to add more private tracker server to acquire more channels.
Port: Tvants Tracker Server use 16600 port

1-2 Definition 2: Streaming & Publishing Server, Mainly is Window Media Server which produce mms: // stream address. (Note: latest version of TVants, version 0717 and above, able to stream and publish local video files without the need of window media server. Users also can stream web cam video or TV capture card signal using Window Media Encoder together with TVants, Window Media Server is not compulsory necessary anymore.)

1-3 setting up or adding a Tracker Server
1-3-1. the default tracker server is http://www.tvants.com
1-3-2. If you wish to set up/add your own tracker server, please go to server tab, press add and fill in the related information (refer picture below)

1-3-3 when you successfully add a tracker server, you may go to
 Tools  setting  tracker tab (refer picture below)
1) Enable the tracker
2) Set your prefer tracker port, default is 16600
3) Domain name
4) Enable Default Announce Location and set your announcement page display for channel initial buffering
5) The ODBC database support is not open to users yet, other please set as default.
Please feel free to email to [email protected] if you encounter any problem.

2, Search Tab

2-1 TV Channel name, Genre, Audience, Quality, Bit Rate, description and so on. The higher the quality the better. Users with slower internet connection might choose a lower bit rate channel instead of higher bit rate. Channel display in grey text is either zero quality or no signal. You may also type in the keyword to search for the favorite channels.

2-2 Double click on the selected channel and the channel stream will appear within minutes or seconds, the quality of the channel might be unstable in the beginning and improve gradually.
2-3 Users can watch more than 1 channel at the same time if your bandwidth is large enough.
Instruction: Go To -> Channel Tab -> Modify Button -> Tick the lock channel status and you can double click to open another channel.

2-4 every search is 100 channels in maximum, if you wish to get more channels, press on the “more” button.

3. Channel Tab

3-1 Progress Buffer bar display illustration
3-1-1 Viewing references for users, the higher the quality the better.
3-1-2 Green color is referring to download stream, if the green color bar is continuous, it means the user is getting stable data stream, users will be able to watch the channel around 60% of buffer at normal time.

The entire progress buffer bar is 120 seconds
Green = Downloaded, ready for play
Dark green = Played
Blue = other users have data
Yellow = requesting data from users
Red = transmitting data from other users
Black = unavailable or data access denied
Purple = incomplete downloaded data not ready for sharing

3-2 Definition 3: “Add “Button to build new channel
3-3 TVants has 2 ways to build new channel:

3-3-1 Use Window Media Services to build a new mms:// as the “seed” of the channel.
Instruction: Select “Channel Tab” - “add” button and fill in the related information as the picture below:
Note1: Better to fill in both Chinese/English description if possible.
Note2: You may choose to add the channel to your own private tracker server, just replace the tracker address http://www.tvants.com with your own private tracker server domain name. If you add the new channel to http://www.tvants.com tracker, please drop us an email to inform us for basic checking, or else TVants users will not be able to search for the channel you add, other users can only watch the channel if they know the publishing location of the channel.
Note3: Transfer capacity and Transfer Limit come with default setting.
Note4: Tick hides original address so that nobody can see your mms address/IPs

Protocol - TvAnts currently support 2 different types of media streaming protocol: MMS and RTSP protocol, if the channel address is using RTSP protocol, please fill in the URL starting with mms:// ( Tvants will auto recognize).

3-3-2 Repeated streaming of local video files using Tvants server ( for version 0716 and above)

No need to add files into Window Media Services, directly using Tvants to broadcast.

Instruction: Select “Channel” Tab, press “Add” Button

URL Format
file://path{;path}
Path - refer to the absolute or relative directory of the video files e.g. c:\a*.wmv
URL Examples:
file://e:\1.wmv
file://e:\1.wmv;e:\2.wmv
file://e:\*.wmv

Requirements:
1) The video files must be WMV, ASF, and WMA Format
2) Use the same format of video files for the case of a series of video broadcasting. The best is to use a certain codec.
Press Ok Button and it will generate a publishing location, and the publishing location can be recognize by lower version of TVants.
Definition 5: Transfer Capacity, Optimal Upload/Bit Rate = Transfer Capacity
Definition 6: Transfer Limit, Maximum upload/Bit Rate = Transfer Limit.
Note: the parameters - Transfer Capacity and Transfer Limit are set at 5 in default, for uploading and streaming.
Definition 7: Hide Original Address: Hiding original address means nobody can watch the channel when your computer is shut down.

Definition 8: Lock Channel Status: this option can lock a channel existing status, even if you open other channels, the locked channel will remain streaming, suitable for seed channel computer.
Definition 9: “Detail”, There is a button in channel Tab to display the p2p transfer details among users, it display the transfer information among MMS/TCP/UDP protocols.

3-4 Publishing location of a channel
Instructions: Select the channel and press the “detail” button below, you can see the publishing location of the transfer details :
Definition 4: TVants Publishing location
tvants://www.tvants.com/tvants/?k=916b5145b3205414
The above link is one of the channel publishing locations of TVants, it is generated from the respective tracker server. User just need to copy and paste it into the Internet Explorer address bar, the related channel will show up.

3-4-1 Publish a channel on a webpage using ActiveX
Instuction: add the following object code in your webpage to publishing a channel:
<object classid="clsid: 4C833081-D026-4FF8-968F-7EAB660D2FBA" id="TvantsX" CODEBASE="http://download.tvants.com/pub/tvants/tvants1/win32/cab/tvants.cab" width=800 height=600 >
<param name="Title" value="Your Channel Title">
<param name="URL" value="tvants://XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/tvants/?k=8f7f8f4408744436">
</object>

4, Transfer Flow Graph Tab
4-1 Green is download flow, Red is upload flow

5, Performance Tab

5-1 Display all types of logs when running TVants

6, Event Tab

hope that can help !!!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TVants, anyone figured it out?0