Video jittering in XBMC
Good morning to all,

I would like to say a few things about the XBMC. I was very disappointed about the VIDEO Player is using to play the VIDEO Files.
The image is having a lot of jittering when playing any video and the quality is awful ..below average. I then started to spend hours on the net to find a solution by changing the system->settings->video playback ..!! I have done every available combinations I could BUT THE PROBLEM is very frustrating when the video is playing.

I also want to add that I am launching this XBMC from inside the latest UBUNTU system. Of course I do not have any problems playing videos inside UBUNTU with his default VIDEO Player (Totem) which is playing the video very well and without any jittering.I also downloaded and installed the VLC player in UBUNTU and it is playing the video fine too.

THE PROBLEM lies in his VIDEO PLAYER and in his thousands settings which from my point of view they are unnecessary and useless . I am sorry to say but XBMC is a very good work for the add ons but in playing movies it is very awful. I suggest in the next version to change this video player is using (I really do not know who is this) and replace it with the one in UBUNTU and with fewer settings.

I am really waiting for an answer ...
Thank you for your time.
Quote:I also want to add that I am launching this XBMC from inside the latest UBUNTU system.

I guess your are running Unity or some other composition window manager. There are a thousand posts that this does not work for various reasons.
Can you explain please..?? more information if you may...

Why shouldn't work...?? XBMC CD image is build on light UBUNTU..! What is the difference about this Huh Than why it is available to install inside UBUNTU?? Is this an UBUNTU problem ?? why??
- Provide a Debug Log (See "Read this before posting")
- Use only one punctuation mark
- xbmcbuntu ships without a compositing manager, where as Ubuntu ships Unity by default
- xbmc is started as session manager
- There is no such thing as a "light ubuntu"
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Dear Fritsch ,

The problem is the compositing manager ? I guess that the problem is still the same and with xbmcbuntu. So the problem is not on the Unity.
If it was , why VLC is playing well in the compositing manager?. With no of fence , I think is the media player is using. Besides a lot of users are having Video issues as mine. I find this extremely difficult ....a Debian Based like XBMC having problems within UBUNTU or other Linux based system.
Anyway,I must say that if you do not fix these problems then all of your efforts will go bye-bye. I again say , and I believe what I am saying, that this XBMC is very very good. I will try the OPENELEC version of Installation for my ZOTAC ZBOX ID18 MINI-PC , Intel based system and give it another try on my TV LCD 37" Monitor.

I cannot provide a Debug log since there is nothing to provide if it plays the videos with jittering/scattering issues.

There is a light Ubuntu version of Ubuntu with less stuff loaded on Kernel. (I think that light -weighted distro is LuBuntu ...)

Many thank to you.
VLC does video not render in OpenGL, hence you can't compare it to XBMC.
(2014-05-19, 12:07)arxaios Wrote: Dear Fritsch ,

The problem is the compositing manager ? I guess that the problem is still the same and with xbmcbuntu. So the problem is not on the Unity.
If it was , why VLC is playing well in the compositing manager?. With no of fence , I think is the media player is using. Besides a lot of users are having Video issues as mine. I find this extremely difficult ....a Debian Based like XBMC having problems within UBUNTU or other Linux based system.
Anyway,I must say that if you do not fix these problems then all of your efforts will go bye-bye. I again say , and I believe what I am saying, that this XBMC is very very good. I will try the OPENELEC version of Installation for my ZOTAC ZBOX ID18 MINI-PC , Intel based system and give it another try on my TV LCD 37" Monitor.

I cannot provide a Debug log since there is nothing to provide if it plays the videos with jittering/scattering issues.

There is a light Ubuntu version of Ubuntu with less stuff loaded on Kernel. (I think that light -weighted distro is LuBuntu ...)

Many thank to you.

Collect your refund as you leave
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Dear nickr ,

first of all I DO NOT appreciate your sarcasm at all. This kind of language is very not much like me. Please , do not reply If you do not first read what I am writing. Of course you must first understand what I am saying. So first understand and then give me my refund ...!! I want your money.
(if that is the way you want to play this...)
In this forum , the users are talking about their problems and they are trying to address these problems to the technical Support / Team of XBMC.
My problem is a problem for many users and I think that it would be wise for the XBMC-Team to solve this.If they do not do it, OK their problem and I am not forcing anyone or anybody to fix this since it is FREE.
If my critic offended you , then I do not care at all...!! that is my opinion and I said it.!
Have a nice day.
You were asked for a debug log but just heaped more criticism and blamed the player software. Frankly thousands of us use it without problems so the problem is with your setup not the software. If you want help, supply a debug log. If you simply want to criticise, go away.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video jittering in XBMC0