Music Improvements Wishlist
Hi Dave,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I fully understand your point, however, this would be an opportunity for Kodi to sum all the feature requests, select them, prioritise them and finally find the resources for their design, development, documentation and support.

I would gladly offer my help to monitor this tread, define the requirements and roadmap document and manage the development and the solution support.

if this of interest to you and your team

I am retired x HP consulting individual
Best regards to all
BikerDude
HTPC with 16gb ram M-Audio LT1010 sound card feeding McIntosh 7205 power amp Magneplanar 2.7r and Velodyne dd12. All connected to Sony smart tv.
All media on 2 fully redundant TrueNas VMs installed on Proxmox servers. Running Kodi. Everything works brilliantly until i screw it up
All we need to start with are 2 sticky threads, one here in feature requests to collect the requests and do any polls, then one in development so what is being worked on can be discussed with links to individual threads if more complex dev discussion on a feature is required.
(2016-01-20, 13:41)BikerDude Wrote: ....finally find the resources for their design, development, documentation and support.

The problem is how does "Kodi" (the collective of enthusiastic individuals with varied skills) find these resources? All it can do is ask for volunteers, and get the existing volunteers to find time to guide and check the work of any new people and help them find their feet in a big and largely undocumented project.

Quote: I would gladly offer my help to monitor this tread, define the requirements and roadmap document and manage the development and the solution support.

Sure it would be great to have the music requirements mapped out. Note that is just little old me expressing a personal opinion, I can't speak for "the team". But not just about monitoring this thread, but some thorough research and requirements gathering across many threads and the support forum generally.

And then.... well there is no promise that the map you produce will be followed, or that resources will be found. It is not like a commerical project that can just decide to buy expertise.

Having siad all that then why not dip your toe in the water if you are still willing? I know that other dev team members have expressed an interest in such a list of features/jobs to be done. Not because they are looking for work themselves, but so they could offer the easier tasks to new volunteers as a first step.
(2016-01-20, 14:22)DaveBlake Wrote:
(2016-01-20, 13:41)BikerDude Wrote: ....finally find the resources for their design, development, documentation and support.

The problem is how does "Kodi" (the collective of enthusiastic individuals with varied skills) find these resources? All it can do is ask for volunteers, and get the existing volunteers to find time to guide and check the work of any new people and help them find their feet in a big and largely undocumented project.

Quote: I would gladly offer my help to monitor this tread, define the requirements and roadmap document and manage the development and the solution support.

Sure it would be great to have the music requirements mapped out. Note that is just little old me expressing a personal opinion, I can't speak for "the team". But not just about monitoring this thread, but some thorough research and requirements gathering across many threads and the support forum generally.

And then.... well there is no promise that the map you produce will be followed, or that resources will be found. It is not like a commerical project that can just decide to buy expertise. SORRY TO SAY BUT IT IS LIKE A COMMERCIAL PROJECT USING OFFSHORE RESOUECES.

Having siad all that then why not dip your toe in the water if you are still willing? I know that other dev team members have expressed an interest in such a list of features/jobs to be done. Not because they are looking for work themselves, but so they could offer the easier tasks to new volunteers as a first step. BE GLAD TO. AS I AM NEW TO KODI WHERE DO I START
Best regards to all
BikerDude
HTPC with 16gb ram M-Audio LT1010 sound card feeding McIntosh 7205 power amp Magneplanar 2.7r and Velodyne dd12. All connected to Sony smart tv.
All media on 2 fully redundant TrueNas VMs installed on Proxmox servers. Running Kodi. Everything works brilliantly until i screw it up
(2016-01-20, 14:05)jjd-uk Wrote: All we need to start with are 2 sticky threads, one here in feature requests to collect the requests and do any polls, then one in development so what is being worked on can be discussed with links to individual threads if more complex dev discussion on a feature is required.

I AGREE WITH YOU
Best regards to all
BikerDude
Small thing, rather than the capitals for reply, that is generally taken as shouting on forums etc., you just need to bracket quoted text with tags quote and /quote in square backets.

Quote: this is a quote
Going to point you all to this sticky thread http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=257203

An attempt to make a master music improvement request list, and them manage it. Help with this undertaking appreciated!
Hi Dave

will be happy to help. I will start tomorrow afternoon with trolling the Kodi forums ad those of J River and consolidate the functionality in one post and post it in the new Thread
Best regards to all
BikerDude

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Improvements Wishlist2