How to start a playlist from XBMC GUI?
O.k., question sounds stupid. Of course I know how to start a playlist. BUT.....

I would expect the following use model: I see a playlist (e.g. music) on the screen, I use my remote, click on the name (OK or Play) and it starts playing.

But unfortunatly this does NOT work this way in versions 12 and 13:
OK /Play opens the playlist. So you can see all the titles. Than you have to find the correct entry from context menu to queue the list and than it starts.

I don't find it very intuitive.
I found this article (3.5.1) to change the behavior. I haven't tried it yet.

My question is: What is the idea behind this (in my eyes not very intuitive) way of working with playlists. I'm pretty sure there is a good reason I like to understand.
Thanks a lot!
Moppi1988
Kodi 19.1 under Win10 PC (64 bit)
If you actually press "Play" on something, and that button is mapped to the play action, then XBMC will play it, even if it's a folder, playlist, whatever. If you open any item within the playlist then it also loads the entire playlist, and you don't have to queue the items using the context menu. As you've already discovered, there is an option for allowing "select" to automatically play the playlists in addition to using "play" on the playlist.
(2014-05-21, 11:52)Ned Scott Wrote: If you actually press "Play" on something, and that button is mapped to the play action, then XBMC will play it, even if it's a folder, playlist, whatever....

Thanks for quick response, but I'm not sure I understand that:
Default keyboard setting is:
<global>
<keyboard>
<p>Play</p>

And this "p" is mapped to my remote control. But it does NOT start playing the list. It opens the list as described.
Should I check my settings again?
Moppi1988
I have to apologize! Confused
After I read Ned's posting I tried again. Now I know I mixed several things together and I misinterpreted the behavior of the system:
- I have large music play lists. When I press "Play" it takes a long time (e.g. 1 minute) to start the music playing. I've never waited so long and thought "Play" is not working. So I used "OK" or "Select" which works immediately by opens the playlist and does not play it.
- I have a Spotify add-on which offers playlist as well. And here the "Play" key behaves like the OK or Select button. Guess I have to contact the add-on owner to correct that.

Anyway, it works. Thanks to bring me to the right direction!
Moppi1988

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to start a playlist from XBMC GUI?0