HTPC Upgrade
Hi,

I am planning to upgrade my NAS/HTPC and I would like to have some suggestions.
The current setup consist of:
Case: CHENBRO ES34069-BK-120
MB: GA-D510UD
RAM: 2GB
OS HD: Western Digital Scorpio 80GB HDD 5400rpm PATA
DATA HD: 4xWestern Digital Caviar Red 4TB

Currently I have shared the data fs with my computer and I play everything there. Now I want to connect it to my TV. I will mainly reproduce 1080p content. Although my current TV doesn't support 4K content I would like to have the possibility just in case I change it.

I have had a look to a supermicro MB X10SBA but I am not sure it can reproduce 4K. What do you think? Any other suggestion?

Thanks a lot
See the Bay-Trail-D thread on this forum for more details on what this GPU can do. I don't think it can to 4k ouput.

If you want 4k you want a more powerfull GPU. look for a haswell or add an nvidia GPU to your Supermicro board (which is a fine choice, by the way).

My2c
Thanks. I was first thinking about going for a J1900 MB but now I think I will go for a LGA 1150 with Z97 or H97 chipset. Something a little bit more powerful but still low power.

Which of these two CPUs do you think is best? Would you recommend any other for a low power configuration?
(2014-05-31, 16:37)1ri1ri Wrote: Thanks. I was first thinking about going for a J1900 MB but now I think I will go for a LGA 1150 with Z97 or H97 chipset. Something a little bit more powerful but still low power.

Which of these two CPUs do you think is best? Would you recommend any other for a low power configuration?

Those 2 CPUs are the same price, but the 4340TE has a Graphics Base Frequency 350 compared 200 for the other.
What does imply having a higher Graphics Base Frequency? Is it better to have higher GBF or higher Clock Speed?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HTPC Upgrade0