Video Freezes For about 1 second at a time
I am having an issue where my videos that i play occasionally freeze for about 1 second then play this can happen 2 or 3 times during a 1 hour episode i have tried updating my drivers defragging my hard drive rebooting my server which they are streamed from and still it happens i did not notice this in previous versions but currently running Gotham beta 1 which is the latest released the other day

i also tried rebooting my router

it is like it almost is buffering which should not happen because it is on a 2 metre cat 6 cable on a gigabit router my transfer speeds are at least 50mb/s usually more to the server that should be enough bandwidth to stream a full blu ray let alone a 350mb video file

I have

AMD Triple Core CPU
4GB Ram
onboard graphics Radeon HD 6530D

Windows 8.1

anyone else experiencing the same thing

this episode below has been running for about 2:37mins and as you can see it already has 11 skips and 16 drops which seems like a lot this is paused just after it did the freeze

http://i.imgur.com/b8KZDBn.jpg
Quote:occasionally freeze

These are the hardest to find, but the best diagnosis tool is the debug-log. Go to settings >system>debug and turn it on, then check for your log for bottle necks after you see a pause (during a video using the keyboard 'o' command to further examine these bottle necks while in play) Look for dropped frames, high GPU/CPU thresholds etc.

I suspect some sort of network fetch delay or drive spin-up issue. Pasting a debug log to http://xbmclogs.com/ and linked back to this thread if your own investigation doesn't prove fruitful.
it seems to be fixed although not sure what i did to fix it

first i uninstalled and completely deleted profile folder (except files required for mysql connection and sources)

then downgraded from gotham beta 1 to just gotham stable

it then seemed to work fine so i thought i would try and make it give me the issue to deteremine if it was a bug with the betas by this time beta 2 was out so i installed that and it is working fine so either uninstalling it and starting again or the bug was fixed in beta 2 seemed to have repaired the issue either way all good Smile
A lot of time, just a re-install or condensation of the executable code is enough to clear up the occasional freeze. See if larger video file sizes have any impact. If this issue persists, narrow it down playing from local files and see if it's a network configuration or handshaking problem.

Glad it worked out for you

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Freezes For about 1 second at a time0