Music albums are empty and other things music library
After updating to Gotham and the necessary rescan of my music library all my albums are empty. XBMC shows my artists and the albums, however when I choose an album it's empty, there are no tracks I can select.

Also my Top 100 tracks are empty and there are at least two duplicate entries of albums. As far as I can tell, I have no musicbrainz IDs in my tags (I checked roughly 50% of my files). The recently played songs also apparently stem from some quite old date.

I had debugging enabled during the update. The log is too big (70 MB) to upload sadly and when trying to upload it in parts xbmclogs gives me a message "Your paste contains a phrase that has been censored". If anyone could point me to some place I could upload it, I'd do it.

I had "load additional information during update" enabled but "Prefer title information from the internet" disabled.

I can play the files just fine from the files view.

First part of the log during the update (For the next part I got the "censored" thing)

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=210085

One of the duplicate albums is mentioned in line 18120

Here are two logs after the update.

Log 1 after update

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=209897

Log 2 after update

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=210083

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
After another rescan my albums are there again. Couldn't check them all but looks okay. However I'm facing several duplicates and at least one really curious case. There's an album by the bank Kraftklub called "Mit K". It correctly shows up one time in the album list of that artist. The tracklist of the album is as follows:

1 Eure Mädchen
2 Ritalin/Medikinet
3 Ich will nicht nach Berlin
4 Liebe
5 Melancholie
6 Karl-Marx-Stadt
7 Songs für Liam
8 Kein Liebeslied
9 Lieblingsband (Oh Yeah)
10 Mein Leben
11 Scheissindiedisko
12 Zu jung
13 Wieder Winter

When I choose that album xbmc shows me the following tracklist:

01 Eure Mädchen
01 Eure Mädchen
01 Eure Mädchen
02 Ritalin/Medikinet
03 Ich will nicht nach Berlin
04 Liebe
04 Liebe
04 Liebe
05 Melancholie
05 Melancholie
05 Melancholie
06 Karl-Marx-Stadt
06 Karl-Marx-Stadt
06 Karl-Marx-Stadt
07 Songs für Liam
07 Songs für Liam
07 Songs für Liam
08 Kein Liebeslied
08 Kein Liebeslied
08 Kein Liebeslied
09 Lieblingsband (Oh Yeah)
10 Mein Leben
10 Mein Leben
10 Mein Leben
11 Scheissindiedisko
11 Scheissindiedisko
11 Scheissindiedisko
12 Zu jung
12 Zu jung
12 Zu jung
13 Wieder Winter
13 Wieder Winter
13 Wieder Winter

Most of the songs (but not every one) shows up three times.

Here's a paste playing that album.

http://pastebin.com/BacfmVZr

There are no musicbrainz IDs in the tags, there are however Amazon song IDs in the tags.

Edit:

Tried something and for whatever reason it worked. The songs had the cd number tag 1/1. I deleted that and did a rescan and voila, the duplicates are gone
So far every single cd album with a cd number tag results in duplicate song entries. Could anyone please confirm?

Edit: Sigh, and now I've found one album with the cd number tag and and no duplicate entries...

I can however confirm that if there are duplicates, deleting the cd number tag from the file and rescanning the folder will fix the duplicates.
That seems very odd. If you can reproduce this fresh (i.e. couple of songs in a folder) then please provide them so we can repro.

Editing tags can do more than just change the one tag you changed (as the tags are often re-written from scratch to the file, potentially overriding other stuff).

As soon as we can reproduce we'll be able to figure out what is happening.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Reverted back to Frodo, erased the Gotham databases, erased all the disc number fields from my song tags, did a new install of Gotham 13.1 RC 1, did another full scan of my library and the duplicates are there again. I will try again tomorrow or the day after that. There is a high correlation between MP3s I bought from amazon and duplicate song entries in an album. The amazon MP3s have an Amazon Song ID in the comment field of the tags. Does XBMC read and use these?

Can't you at least confirm that the Gotham update changes/erases the Top 100 songs when updating from Frodo to Gotham? That can't or shouldn't be related to the other issues and I'd bang my head against the wall if I was the only one having that problem.

What tag fields does xbmc actually read? From the logs I found that not all of the fields are used but which are?

Don't get this wrong, but updating to Gotham has been a very frustrating experience concerning my music library and there's almost no documentation to be found regarding the changes. It's basically try and error so far.

Is there a place where I can upload a huge log that I made during the update. This is apperantly, when it is happening.
(2014-05-26, 19:41)DarkHelmet Wrote: What tag fields does xbmc actually read? From the logs I found that not all of the fields are used but which are?

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...TagLib.cpp

You need to know what tag format is being used in your files.

Since you have an album that is causing problems, it would be nice to create a source with just that set of files and scan it for logging purposes. Not a guarantee of success but makes it easier for log analysis amateurs like me.

scott s.
All right, did as you told me. In Frodo I erased my original music source, cleaned the library, added that one artist as the only music source and scanned it to the database in Frodo leaving it the only artist and the only album in the library.

The result in Frodo was as expected: One artist with one album, no song duplicates.

After that I updated to Gotham 13.1 RC 1 and was asked to rescan my library.

Result after first scan:

An empty database

Here's the log

http://pastebin.com/ejhU1vWH

After a restart I scanned the music source again (still in Gotham of course). I probably could have skipped the restart but I wanted a clear log for that first scan.

Result: One artist, one album, multiple song duplicates in that album. Additionally the Top 100 titles were erased (I played one song multiple times still in Frodo to have a song in it)

Here's the log for that.

http://pastebin.com/QaQijsmn

Hope that helps in solving the issue.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Dark Helmet

Edit: In the logs there are several entries when xbmc tries to access my music on my NAS using a username and a password. I don't have a password on my NAS. XBMC can access the NAS, because playback works.
I opened a trac ticket for it http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/15256
Remember, I am just a user.

Looking at your log, it seems like ZeroconfMDNS:Bonjour is what is trying to access \\NASC12B8C\Qmultimedia and failing. I don't know anything about that, not sure it has anything to do with your album problem though.

What I see in the log is that the musicscanner does find smb://NAS-SERVER/Qmultimedia/mp3/karftklub/mit k/ so so far, so good, but then it seems like it removes 13 songs from the database, then reads the id3 tags from 13 songs and adds them to the database, then runs the universal album scraper for kraftklub - mit k, but that doesn't seem to get any results. Then it scans the same folder all over again with the same results (remove 13 songs, read id3 tags, add 13 songs, run the scraper). That can't be right but I have no idea what is happening. We need someone with better insight into the code to suggest what might be going wrong here.

Sorry can't do more on this. You might try a clean install of XBMC without all the addons and see if that makes a difference.

scott s.
Thanks anyway for trying, it's appreciated.
I'll do some guessing.

Do you have a media server (something like PLEX or Itunes or similar) connected as a source (or within an addon) along with your normal music source? Its just a guess, but your XBMC could be seeing the source twice, once through your add, and once through some type of Upnp. Maybe disable the upnp options in the settings menu?
Sorry to laugh, but your logs are a mess.

Just as Scott said, I'm just a user as well and not a dev.

Here is what I would try:
Physically move your MyMusic32.db (and any other MyMusic database if there are any more) out of your userdata folder.
Install Gotham
Scan your music source with the 1 album in it.

What happens then?
Haha, in what way are the logs messy? I'll try with a clean install of Frodo, then an update to Gotham above it and then a fresh install of Gotham to see if it makes a difference.

Whitebelly, no, I don't have another music source other than my NAS but I'll disable upnp anyway to see if it changes anything.
I'm interested in wheather your Frodo MyMusic32 database is corrupt and therefor is passing on a problem to your Gotham MyMusic46 after it upgrades. Try and start with NO music database in your userdata folder and start from scratch so Gotham can create a new database on its own.

Your logs are a mess because of all your addons spamming the hell out of it.
Yeah thought so about the addons. Have been planning to clean them for a while but there's always something more important...And constantly going from Frodo to Gotham and back probably didn't help either.

You might be right about my Frodo database. It seems to be what's causing this. I didn't have the issues with a clean install of Frodo and then an update. I just have no idea what to do about my Frodo database. I'd hate to lose my artist information that I scraped back when last.fm could still be scraped. It had the most complete artist information in Gerrman.
Well theres an easy solution to that, export to .nfo's and you will retain all that data upon re-import into the new clean database.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music albums are empty and other things music library0