what to use after 12
Played with 13 yesterday and it rendered unusable Sad Since my device is using that ati xpress 1150 card which doesn't seem to get a lot of support I'm not able to make use of 3d features, probably at all ^^

Basically I have two questions, when will support for v12 end and will there be a fork of xbmc without this useless shiny stuff on old machines?

I do like progress, and I love xbmc - but I don't see I can replace my hardware in the near future Sad
What OS are you using?
V12 is no longer supported anymore,no bugfixes and no new features will be added, no matter what OS you have. Your problem is the GPU drivers Nothing to do with XBMC so you know.
(2014-05-25, 16:48)uNiversal Wrote: V12 is no longer supported anymore,no bugfixes and no new features will be added, no matter what OS you have. Your problem is the GPU drivers Nothing to do with XBMC so you know.

The OS matters because of the drivers...
I am sorry for the late reply. I tried debian and ubuntu. Ended up trying installing the 12.2 xbmcbuntu from the official .iso ( which took a while because the laptop doesn't have a hard drive and I do everything via pxe Smile ).
Interesting for me, the gfx-driver are properly installed ( oss ) glxgears gets 160 fs at least, xbmc crashes having trouble with the keyring - but I will work that out.
If I can't get proper playback with that setup I'll go and setup latest stable xorg/ati.

I didn't try glxgears with v13 yet but according to dmesg I had the proper firmware ( r300 ) loaded and video-ati installed.

I'm tired now, will try to get at least functional playback tomorrow+
After that I could try v13 again, but I bet it'll kill my 200mhz chip Sad I remember when compiz ran fluently at 50 mhz and 800mhz cpu clock - even with a debian vm running having only 1 gig memory installed *sigh*

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
what to use after 120