Bello v2.0.7 - Gotham (Available through XBMC official repo)

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.43 Average
Thread Closed
caddish Offline
Somehow the "Play" media button on my remote is not working in Bello 2.0. I use the dlink boxee remote V1 and it behave as a standard keyboard with media shortcut
find
patseguin Offline
Donor
Other than the missing HD icons on some of my episodes and my seemingly inability to get the blue theme to work, it's GREAT to have Bello back again. For when it gets pushed to the repo Nessus, any chance you could include the blue theme as part of the package?

Oh, and for anyone else having trouble making home menu items for smart playlists - I had to go to my playlists and add each to "favourites" and then when I added the custom button it had the playlist listed and I could select it. Now I have a 3D Movies menu and a Movies menu.

Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
find
jjmucker Offline
Fan
does fanart work when playing music?

EDIT, or rather, Artist slideshow?
(This post was last modified: 2014-05-28 19:16 by jjmucker.)
find
peppe_sr Offline
Posting Freak
yes, you can use your fanart. while a song is playing in fullscreen music visualization press M and from settings set fanart.
Peppe
find
jjmucker Offline
Fan
Ahh, so that's why I can't get it. I'm using an android box and not sure how to access it through the remote
find
patseguin Offline
Donor
Is Bello supposed to have different view types for every tv show? I watched 24 and had everything set as list. I went to another show and it was in banner list mode. I had to change that show's view option.

Also, in that banner list mode the fanart in the little poster was all stretched. Is there a place I need to select to update artwork?

Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
find
patseguin Offline
Donor
So, I've been going crazy trying to get the blue theme to work on my living room TV. It works on my bedroom TV. I copied the files multiple times and the theme option is greyed out. So, I copied the entire skin.bello folder from my bedroom htpc to my living room htpc and it still won't let me choose blue. Can anyone help me understand what the problem is?

Edit: well I got home from work and clicked on unistall to remove Bello. It still showed up so I clicked uninstall again then it was gone. I ssh'd in and made sure the skin.bello directory was there, rebooted, and had Bello available with the blue theme.

All I can think of was something was messed up from a previous installation so completely removing it from XBMC and copying it back in worked. Loving it, I missed Bello!

(This post was last modified: 2014-05-30 00:45 by patseguin.)
find
peppe_sr Offline
Posting Freak
Hi mate,
i'm playing around the skin and i'm really satisfied.
i have some doubt, could you explain me:
- in changelog i read "Added support for accessing favourites from everywhere in the skin" but i can't find.
- how can i activate this kind of music background? https://github.com/Nessus85100/Bello/blo...hots/9.jpg
it show the cover of the song that is playing?
- using youtube or some "weird" addons the thumbnails view appears different from the classic one (2 rows and 5 columns). i have 3 rows and 5 columns and thumbnails are rectangular not squared. how it is possible? depend from where xbmc scrape informations? for videos i prefer the 3 rows solution.
- talking about kind of strange view, in vevo addon switching view type i found also, in addition of thumbnails and list view, the listwall view. really strange.
- in one of my rides through the skin a message appears to me when i was in music full screen visualization suggesting me to download something to abilitate something else (an addon or a script maybe).....i was too fast to refuse so i haven't read the message at all. i know that look like a riddle, but is something related to the skin or no? even because i'm not able to let appear that message again.
- i found lots of strings untraslated have already planned a push on transiflex?
sorry if i'm prolix!
have a nice day and as always i have to say: great work!
Peppe
find
Swifty Offline
Fan
Great skin! Just switched all of my XBMC machines to it Smile

Is there any way to get home screen fanart for Pictures and LiveTV ?

I've enabled fanart for the home screen but only get this on movies, tv shows and music.

Would get great to get an option for custom backgrounds for the other separate home screen categories (there seems to be a 'custom folder' option, but as far as I can tell it will apply the images to all home items)
find
patseguin Offline
Donor
Aside from random episodes of HD tv shows not displaying the HD logo, the skin has been working perfectly for me. Love having it back. I installed it on both of my machines.

find
awp0 Offline
Fan
I upgraded to the Gotham version last night and so far everything is working great. Thanks!

One minor thing I've noticed (maybe it's a Gotham thing?) is that you can scroll "left" in the EPG to times earlier than the current time. This makes it difficult to access the top menu items (which would normally be accessed by pressing "left". It took me a while to figure out that the "back" button is used to access the top menu items. I don't see much purpose in scrolling to earlier times in the EPG and I'd prefer to have consistent access to the top menu items. Is there any way to change this behavior? Thanks!
find
Swifty Offline
Fan
(2014-06-02 18:01)awp0 Wrote:  I upgraded to the Gotham version last night and so far everything is working great. Thanks!

One minor thing I've noticed (maybe it's a Gotham thing?) is that you can scroll "left" in the EPG to times earlier than the current time. This makes it difficult to access the top menu items (which would normally be accessed by pressing "left". It took me a while to figure out that the "back" button is used to access the top menu items. I don't see much purpose in scrolling to earlier times in the EPG and I'd prefer to have consistent access to the top menu items. Is there any way to change this behavior? Thanks!

This is a Gotham "feature" not skin related - you can change the behaviour via advancedsettings.xml : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1669252
find
awp0 Offline
Fan
Cool, thanks! It's an odd feature, but I'm happy to know that it can be disabled. I will give this a try tonight.
find
rjcogin Offline
in the covers view, would it be possible to scroll up/down instead of left right?

this view is great if you have lots of movies but at the moment you can only scroll through 2 at a time. but if you could scroll down you could scroll through 5 at time. this would make finding movies easier in a large library.

[Image: J0jFxgq.png?1]
find
fonzie Offline
(2014-06-04 10:39)rjcogin Wrote:  in the covers view, would it be possible to scroll up/down instead of left right?

this view is great if you have lots of movies but at the moment you can only scroll through 2 at a time. but if you could scroll down you could scroll through 5 at time. this would make finding movies easier in a large library.

[Image: J0jFxgq.png?1]

Yes, it is a little strange to scroll to the sides in that view. One workaround is that you can just press Page Down and you will be able to scroll through 10 movies at a time! Smile

If you don't have Pg Up and Pg Dwn mapped to your remote, I suggest you do it. It comes in handy.
find
Thread Closed