Solved Don't switch PVR Channel when pressing up/down
Hi,

I'd love when I could turn of the default behavior for channel switching.
Most receivers allow to scroll through the channels (with up/down on the remote). Channel should only be changed when pressing OK. When nothing or back is pressed the OSD should just fade out again.

At the moment everytime I press up down to go through the channels - it switches directly to this channel.

I know there are options to deal with it (channel list / Epg /...)

Regards
if you already know that there are options, why don't you simply enable the setting "Settings -> Live TV -> Playbakc -> Confirm channel switches by pressing OK"?
Enabling "Confirm channel switches by pressing OK" only seems to be effective when entering channel numbers to change the channel. If you press up, even with a delay set, the channel will still change whether the confirmation option is enabled or not.
like cyrils said, the option you're talking about is not what I'm searching for.
The up/down is supposed to switch directly to a channel. The OSD channel list is what you should use if you want the behavior you described. You can even map up/down to open the OSD if you want.
negge, IMO the "confirm channel switches by pressing OK" should probably also apply to channel up/down while in fullscreen mode (or revamp the settings, which we should do in any case and get rid of superfluos ones and combine stuff where possible, like the OSD delay)
You're right about that, I actually thought that's the case already.
The benefit of having the up/down screen vs. the OSD channel list is that you can see what's on now and next.
The OSD shows what's on now too. If you want to know what's next you can pop open the guide.
It does, that's true, I should have just said "next". I do use the EPG but on a Raspberry Pi it's not as quick as using the up/down list would be for casual channel surfing; it takes around 8 seconds to load the EPG with a cut-down channel list and 1 day's EPG data. Not hating btw, I love xbmc and appreciate all the efforts that have gone into and continue going into its development.
Then the real problem is that the EPG window takes too long to load on slow hardware, which is obviously something that should be fixed.
Whats shown in the OSD is depending on the skin I'd say.

look at my video Position 1:35
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApOmlmC0Etg#t=95

The Simpsons - is the Next in this case.

Most of the time I'm using this list on the left - but I think it would be cool to let the user decide which view he wants to use - both have its pros/cons. So if this "confirm channel switches by pressing OK" option would work here too - it would be perfect I think.
Hi, is there any news on that topic.

My wife is also complaing about the channel switching while using up/down. I already set the delay so she has more time.. but for example if she is on channel 1 browsing arround and see whats on.. and then deciding not to switch channel and going back to the active channel..XBMC is still interrupting and switching to the same channel again.. that sucks.

Also it would be very nice to have a warning popup to aprove channel switching while on timeshift.

Apart from that THX FOR THE GREAT WORK TO ALL THE DEVELOPERS OUT THERE!!!! ;-)
+1 to this thread. I too would love to have this feature
+1 on this. Recently also raised this, but more like "how can I do it" as I was not aware it is not there: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=216108

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Don't switch PVR Channel when pressing up/down3