• 1(current)
[UPDATED] BBC Live Football Scores service
UPDATE 31 December 2017: I've uploaded a very basic version of the service (see this post)

Please note - this addon does NOT provide live streams of football matches.

OK, I think this is ready for a beta release. Just in time for the World Cup...

I've updated my original script to run as a service

Name: BBC Live Football Scores

Download: https://github.com/elParaguayo/service.b...s/releases
NOTE: if you install from a zip file, you will need to rename the folder to service.bbclivefootballscores (the zip file will add "-master" to the end, which will break the service). Alternative, you can use git to clone the repository which should result in the right name being used. Service should now install from zipfile.

What it does: Grabs live football score data from the BBC website and displays pop-ups at regular intervals.

Pop-ups currently only occur when there is a status change (e.g. goal, kick-off etc).

Currently the following competitions should be supported:
  • Premier League
  • Championship
  • League One
  • League Two
  • Football Conference
  • Conference North
  • Conference South
  • FA Cup
  • FA Cup Qualifying
  • League Cup
  • Football League Trophy
  • The FA Trophy
  • The FA Community Shield
  • Scottish Premiership
  • Scottish Championship
  • Scottish League One
  • Scottish League Two
  • Highland League
  • Lowland League
  • Scottish Cup
  • Scottish League Cup
  • Scottish Challenge Cup
  • Welsh Premier League
  • Welsh Cup
  • Welsh League Cup
  • Irish Premiership
  • Irish Cup
  • League of Ireland Premier
  • World Cup
  • World Cup Qualifying - European
  • Confederations Cup
  • Women's European Championship
  • Africa Cup of Nations
  • Euro Under-21 Championship
  • Euro Under-21 Qualifying
  • International Friendlies
  • Champions League
  • Europa League
  • Austrian Bundesliga
  • Belgian Pro League
  • Danish Superliga
  • Dutch Eredivisie
  • Finnish Veikkausliiga
  • French Ligue 1
  • Greek Superleague
  • Italian Serie A
  • Norwegian Tippeligaen
  • Portuguese Primeira Liga
  • Spanish La Liga
  • Swedish Allsvenskan
  • Swiss Super League
  • Turkish Super Lig
  • Women's Super League
  • Women's League Cup
  • Women's Premier North
  • Women's Premier South

You'll need to go the add-on settings page to select the competitions you want to track. When you've finished selecting competitions, you'll need to hit "Done" and then "OK" on the settings page.

There is an option to disable notifications (e.g. if, heaven forbid, your other half is watching something while the football is on).

Update: Beta versions of additional functionality:
Latest version also includes beta versions of some additional functionality:
- League tables
- Live match details

At the moment these are only accessible by binding a spare key to the following commands:
-XBMC.RunScript(special://home/addons/service.bbclivefootballscores/league_tables.py)
-XBMC.RunScript(special://home/addons/service.bbclivefootballscores/live_scores_detail.py)

Any problems or feature suggestions, please let me know.
BBC Live Football Scores: Football scores notifications service.
script.squeezeinfo: shows what's playing on your Logitech Media Server
To Do List:
  • League tables: in progress (needs work to handle multiple tables per competition (e.g. World Cup groups). Beta version now available in latest version of script.
  • Match detail: See this post. Beta version now available in latest version of script.
  • Fixtures: in progress (scraping code completed - just need to code display)
  • Past results
  • Ticker (will need to work out if script can provide window that doesn't steal focus). Upate 8 Jan: Almost there - should be in next version.

Also, see this page: https://github.com/elParaguayo/service.b...res/issues
Nice plugin but i can`t open "Select Competitions..." Nothing happens!

I used your older script (script.bbcfootballscores) before and there are no problems.

Any suggestions?
That's very strange. Do you get any error messages?

EDIT: Just tested it now - works ok here. Please try again and also let me know what system you're running.
Hi,
i'm going to install tonight,but before one question:
what about android compatibility?
Thanks
Unfortunately I've got no way to test on android so I can't promise that it will work.

However, the service works differently to the previous script so, if the problem was what I thought it was, there's a good chance that this should work ok for you.

Let me know how you get on.
(2014-06-09, 07:42)el_Paraguayo Wrote: That's very strange. Do you get any error messages?

EDIT: Just tested it now - works ok here. Please try again and also let me know what system you're running.

no error messages here, The settings.xml exists in userdata (set the Rights to 755, 777, 644,...):

<settings>
<setting id="Alerts" value="false" />
<setting id="Reset" value="" />
<setting id="SetLeagues" value="" />
</settings>

System is Prismcube Ruby STB with XBMC Frodo.

Can you give me the "IDs" from World Cup, German Bundesliga and Norwegian Tippeligaen, than i can edit the settings.xml manually and test it with the Norwegian Tippeligaen today.

Thanks.
Not tried it on Frodo. I think some of the code does require Gotham. Don't know if the specific bits would stop the "Select Competitions" list from displaying.

IDs are:
World Cup: 119001880
German Bundesliga: 119000986
Norwegian Tippeligaen: 119001043

The value should be saved as a list i.e.
Code:
<setting id="SetLeagues" value="[19001880, 119000986, 119001043]" />

I wonder if we can build in some extra debugging for you to help sort this more quickly.

e.g. if you look at this part of settings.py and, you could add another line to show that we're trying to load league list, as follows:
Code:
else:
    print "Football Scores Service: Getting League List"
    selectLeagues()
Try running "Select competitions..." again and check the log for the above message. If it's not there then the settings script is not even being called.
Thanks for your help.

Unfortunately after the edit of the settings.xml there are no Log-File. But if i change the "notification" part, the settings.xml is correctly written!

I wait until the games are finished, maybe I'll get a message with the endresults (No Live Scoring on BBC-Site)
The notification bit should work fine as that's just a standard setting. The "Select Competitions..." is different as that runs a separate script. So, unfortunately, that's not a particularly encouraging result.

If you've updated settings.py (not settings.xml) as per my earlier post and then tried running "Select Competions..." you then need to take a look at the xbmc.log file (assuming your prismcube is some form of linux, the logfile would be here: "~/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log").

Can you take a look and let me know.
OK, found iton ~/.xbmc/temp/ but xbmc.log is empty!
Completely empty? Or just doesn't include that additional line?
Debugging was off!
Turned it on and get a logfile but nothing with "Football Scores Service: Getting League List"

But i found some things:

16:33:56 T:735330304 DEBUG: ADDON: cpluff: 'Plug-in service.bbclivefootballscores has been installed.'
18:36:04 T:824579168 DEBUG: Process - The source file to load is /home/root/.xbmc/addons/service.bbclivefootballscores-master/default.py
18:36:05 T:824579168 DEBUG: Process - Entering source directory /home/root/.xbmc/addons/service.bbclivefootballscores-master
18:36:05 T:824579168 DEBUG: Instantiating addon using automatically obtained id of "service.bbclivefootballscores" dependent on version 2.1.0 of the xbmc.python api
18:36:14 T:868537440 DEBUG: GetImageHash - unable to stat url /home/root/.xbmc/addons/service.bbclivefootballscores-master/icon.png
18:36:15 T:735330304 INFO: msg: PICTURE::LoadImage: Unable to open image: /home/root/.xbmc/addons/service.bbclivefootballscores-master/icon.png Error: (2)
18:36:15 T:735330304 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: /home/root/.xbmc/addons/service.bbclivefootballscores-master/icon.png
18:36:17 T:735330304 DEBUG: LocalizeStrings: no translation available in currently set gui language, at path /home/root/.xbmc/addons/service.bbclivefootballscores-master/resources/language/German
18:36:17 T:735330304 DEBUG: POParser: loaded 11 strings from file /home/root/.xbmc/addons/service.bbclivefootballscores-master/resources/language/English/strings.po
18:36:20 T:735330304 ERROR: Python script "/home/root/.xbmc/addons/service.bbclivefootballscores/settings.py" does not exist

the last entry is wrong, the file is available.

Thanks for your help but its not a major problem for me, i will use your older "script", that works. ;-)
That's very strange! If it does exist, check the permissions on it.
all files have permissions "644"
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[UPDATED] BBC Live Football Scores service3